Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #101
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: That was the best i've ever seen Schaub play

See Matrix these forums are sorta like the Texans. People start out talking shit but by the end of the thread(season) if things end up working out and you realize they aren't really terrible you end up respecting them. Hard won respect is the best respect to have.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #102
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Glad I wasn't around when those dudes were around. David Carr's brother actually posted here? LOL.
And you think you don't like all the negativity? You should have seen him spinning David's every miscue. He was a walking, talking, sunshine enema to anyone who would listen for a while. Then it got worse and he got angry.
Old 10-24-2011   #103
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
And you think you don't like all the negativity? You should have seen him spinning David's every miscue. He was a walking, talking, sunshine enema to anyone who would listen for a while. Then it got worse and he got angry.
If for no other reason, you gotta hand it to the guy for his loyalty. We should all have a brother like that.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #104
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
If for no other reason, you gotta hand it to the guy for his loyalty. We should all have a brother like that.
Granted. He was one loyal brother.
Old 10-24-2011   #105
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If David Carr was my brother I'd take some of the things said on this board & straitened him out.

Everybody here wanted David to be a success. Everybody.

Sometimes we were a little harsh in our criticism, but that's because the rhetoric got a little thick & we all invest a lot of emotion into this team, David Carr included.

The guy was extremely talented & could have been one of the best, if he ever tried to work on his craft.

I understand priorities, I've got a family as well & I hold them extremely high on my list. At the same time, if I'm going to take $8 million/year to do a job, I'm going to do the best damn job I possibly can. That's what honorable men do. That's what Christian men do.

Anything else is stealing.
Old 10-24-2011   #106
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If David Carr was my brother I'd take some of the things said on this board & straitened him out.

Everybody here wanted David to be a success. Everybody.
Well, we don't know for sure Carr's brother didn't do that.

But hey, you're preaching to the choir. I was behind the curve on Carr----meaning I didn't want to give up on him as early as a lot of other fans.

We live in a time when entertainers and athletes are paid so much money for their services that many of them are in it purely for the money and not for the passion for what they do.

I see a lot of God-given ability wasted in David Carr and I do fault him for not putting in the work required to maximize those gifts when he was being paid so much money. But I can't fault him for cashing the checks. After all, Bob kept signing them.
Old 10-24-2011   #107
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny enough, David Carr's rise to consensus #1 was what sealed me as a Texans fan. I'm from Fresno and was pretty much team-less (rooted for the 49ers but never really stuck) until the Texans were announced.

9, 10 years later, dude was a bust, and I'm a Texans fan for life.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2011   #108
TexansFanatic
Extremist

I honestly believe Bob wasn't paying Dave only for his football ability.

I think Bob also loved having a GQ model as the face of his franchise.

That's why it was such a struggle for him to finally accept the reality that the results on the field were screaming out that the team was in dire need of a change.
Old 10-24-2011   #109
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

That's why it was such a struggle for him to finally accept the reality that the results on the field were screaming out that the team was in dire need of a change.
I think the problem was that you had coaches who repeatedly told him they could do something with David. Maybe they thought they could. But you change OCs, QB coaches, Offensive line personnel, HCs....

Damn if it's not always the last place you think to look.
Old 10-24-2011   #110
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry for me the play of the game was STILL Rackers cold cocking a guy on a kick off return!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #111
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

In theory, there's nothing wrong with having a really good, clean-cut guy being the face of the franchise. It's good business.

Football doesn't always go along with those plans, though.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #112
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dadgum, we go from Schaub having a good day at the office to HWWNBN? Geesh
Old 10-24-2011   #113
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
I think the problem was that you had coaches who repeatedly told him they could do something with David. Maybe they thought they could.
Some folks believe Kubiak lied to Bob in order to get the job. It was clear to everyone that Bob didn't want to hear David was the problem and that the franchise player was a dud. Knowing that, Kubiak told Bob what he wanted to hear.

Having subsequently watched Kubiak go out and grab Dan Orlovsky, I think the truth is Kubiak probably did believe he could fix Carr. What Kubiak couldn't have known from just watching film is that Dave simply wasn't that into being the franchise. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....
Old 10-24-2011   #114
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep - especially when you consider that even though the replacement is a much better option from a football standpoint...well, let's just say he can't compete in the cover boy department.

Old 10-24-2011   #115
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'll see your Ibar Harry and raise you one "Lazarus".

Every jar has a biggest nut and Laz was IMO easily the one. See him posting comments on Chron.com sometimes and can't help but laugh. Some things never change.
Remember Caddy , he loved Carr .
Old 10-24-2011   #116
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the problem was that you had coaches who repeatedly told him they could do something with David. Maybe they thought they could. But you change OCs, QB coaches, Offensive line personnel, HCs....

Damn if it's not always the last place you think to look.
I posted it and you read Dave's senior bowl diary . That fortold a lot of the future .

Some of his biggest problems were his clan . It's like they all packed up and moved here and thought they were part of the team ( see the haircut episode ) . They were a naive bunch who didn't have a clue what David needed to succeed . Hulk would say Davy didn't have any weapons ... well ... AJ's on his way to the HOF and Gaffney is still around .

I wished I had a dollar for every excuse they made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .
Old 10-24-2011   #117
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Remember Caddy , he loved Carr .
So did petedy (I think that was his name). He even followed him to the Panthers message board pumping their fans full of HWWNBN.
Old 10-24-2011   #118
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Sick and tired of seeing "HWWNBN".

VOLDEMORT!

There. Sheesh.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #119
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
So did petedy (I think that was his name). He even followed him to the Panthers message board pumping their fans full of HWWNBN.
Wasn't there also a Three-Toed-Pete who did likewise here? Or was petedy and Three-Toed-Pete the same person?

caddy sent me one of the most mean-spirited Private Messages ever. I think he neg rep'd me, put me on full blast on the board, and then sent me a PM to top it off. He was pissed that I dared to talk bad about his boy David Carr.

LOL.
Old 10-24-2011   #120
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
See Matrix these forums are sorta like the Texans. People start out talking shit but by the end of the thread(season) if things end up working out and you realize they aren't really terrible you end up respecting them. Hard won respect is the best respect to have.
ur telling me

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read