Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #61
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: That was the best i've ever seen Schaub play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He got it out of the way early when he overthrew Walter by a mile. I think it was Walter, might have been Jacoby. The ball went so far over the receiver I didn't really try to see who it was.
It was Jacoby. Looked like a classic miscommunication incompletion. Clearly Schaub and JJ were not thinking the same thing.
Old 10-23-2011   #62
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Considering its a message board for the team I root for that has multiple agenda posters running amock even after a virtually flawless performance, one that we've been clamoring for, then yeah I'd say it's not shocking for the mood to be ruined. But that's definitely what you guys want. It's impossible for you guys to just enjoy a win without thinking about how we're inevitably gonna fail.

It's a wonder how you people are even sports fans. I would have killed myself a long time ago if I could never enjoy the wins.
My friend, I'd like to impart to you some helpful wisdom that I was lucky enough to be given a few years ago. Here goes:

Nobody can make you feel any way you don't want to feel. You are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul. You say the board is being ruined for you because of all the doomsayers----ignore them. I also see plenty of people on this board who are enjoying the hell out of this win and haven't said a single negative word. If you spend your time engaging with them rather than getting angry with those who still have doubts, you'll probably enjoy your time on the board a lot more.

Happiness is a choice.

Enjoy!

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #63
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
My friend, I'd like to impart to you some helpful wisdom that I was lucky enough to be given a few years ago. Here goes:

Nobody can make you feel any way you don't want to feel. You are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul. You say the board is being ruined for you because of all the doomsayers----ignore them. I also see plenty of people on this board who are enjoying the hell out of this win and haven't said a single negative word. If you spend your time engaging with them rather than getting angry with those who still have doubts, you'll probably enjoy your time on the board a lot more.

Happiness is a choice.

Enjoy!

The odd thing to me and not to get political but some of the guys who say you shouldn't complain about the team cry about politics all the time . So to get this straight killing folks in politics is ok but not football ?

ps ... Watch out he'll give you a red mark .
Old 10-23-2011   #64
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The odd thing to me and not to get political but some of the guys who say you shouldn't complain about the team cry about politics all the time . So to get this straight killing folks in politics is ok but not football ?
I love my team and my country and it's because of that---not in spite of it---that I complain about both.

Old 10-23-2011   #65
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Shammy played a really good game today. He made some throws that he should be making on a regular basis.

Really good day for him, the oline,, rb's, and te's.

I don't have anything negative to say about this game. Not even worth nit picking. Great game on a great day.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #66
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

Happiness is a choice.

Enjoy!

Meh.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #67
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Meh.
LOL Well played. ;-))
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011   #68
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

should give me the credit, benched Schaub & he has his best game of the season, probably cost me my match-up in process. your welcome

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #69
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Thats what I was trying to get at....its very inconsistent therefore his play is all over the place....and in Houston we blame the qb FOR EVERYTHING lol
What we have blamed on Schaub thus far this season is warranted - Just take a look at the first 3rd down play where he had Jones wide open and missed high by six feet .... He's had a play or two like that in every game so far. Luckily there was no defender close enough to make a play on that overthrow.

From the 3rd possession on , he was very good .... but then again , so was Foster and Tate.

QB is an easy position to play when you can rush for 200+.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
What we have blamed on Schaub thus far this season is warranted - Just take a look at the first 3rd down play where he had Jones wide open and missed high by six feet .... He's had a play or two like that in every game so far. Luckily there was no defender close enough to make a play on that overthrow.

From the 3rd possession on , he was very good .... but then again , so was Foster and Tate.

QB is an easy position to play when you can rush for 200+.
And a guy you can dump it off to 11 yards away & he turns it into a 78 yard TD...
Old 10-24-2011   #71
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

wait wait wait wait wait! i thought dude had a limp noodle for an arm and brokedown week in and week out? WTF!? What happened to all the he is a ok qb b.s.?

dude made it rain today anyone who says otherwise can jump pn da tits nuts... like i been sayin when u pressurE ANY qb. the qb will have problems... give tha man some respect for pullin one off when it counts, and give props to the OL for showin up big
Old 10-24-2011   #72
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
And a guy you can dump it off to 11 yards away & he turns it into a 78 yard TD...
Man he made the Tits DB's look bad on that play ..... Griffin took a pretty good angle on him and Foster just made him miss.

The LB who was responsible for him blew it which allowed the big play.

Think ya gotta give some credit to Gary for drawing that one up. He's been able to get guy's wide open like that on a regular basis ..... from Dressen to Casey , Vickers (Damnit Vickers) and even AJ ..... How the hell do you lose AJ ?! I can think of a couple times there wasnt anyone within 10 yards of the guy.

Old 10-24-2011   #73
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Man he made the Tits DB's look bad on that play ..... Griffin took a pretty good angle on him and Foster just made him miss.

The LB who was responsible for him blew it which allowed the big play.

Think ya gotta give some credit to Gary for drawing that one up. He's been able to get guy's wide open like that on a regular basis ..... from Dressen to Casey , Vickers (Damnit Vickers) and even AJ ..... How the hell do you lose AJ ?! I can think of a couple times there wasnt anyone within 10 yards of the guy.
The problem is what happens when plan A stops working in a close game . When they used to get way behind they were good at plan B and could catch up . When the schemes aren't getting those guys wide open and they can't run is when it's a problem .
Old 10-24-2011   #74
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub was better in the come-back against the redskins last year.

wish he would have done that against the raiders

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
schaub was better in the come-back against the redskins last year.

wish he would have done that against the raiders

TJ
Schaub has had many "better games" for the last two years. Yesterday, everything just seemed to work, & he didn't really have to do a whole lot. I was impressed with his ability to spread the ball around, but the last 4 minutes of the Raiders game, I thought, was a much better performance than the whole game yesterday.

We need Schaub to produce when things aren't going well, when he's got to make things happen. He's got plenty of games under his belt when he has done this, yesterday was not one of them.
Old 10-24-2011   #76
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't you think Kubiak deserves even the slightest ****ing bit of credit for getting the boys ready and executing without Andre after it was a problem for two games?

I think he does. He also pulled Kareem Jackson off the field after his first mistake and I don't think he saw him again.

He also called Foster in the pass game much more often.

Kubiak called a great goddamn game today. And it's so....SO okay to give just a shred of credit to everyone involved without being a ****ing debbie downer.

You expect the team to screw up somewhere down the line, good. Great. Just ***** about it when it happens. Not after a ****ing great game where pretty much everything worked unbelievably great save for Danieal Manning getting hurt.

Just STUFF THE CRAP for once. That goes for everyone who spouts this garbage every freaking minute of every freaking day. It's a wonder how you people enjoy ANYTHING.
Great point. The team plays maybe their best complete game in history and people STILL find a way to *****.
Old 10-24-2011   #77
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub had a good game, but our O-Line, Foster, and D pretty much handed it to him on a silver platter. All he had to do was not play like....well, Romo comes to mind.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Don't you think Kubiak deserves even the slightest ****ing bit of credit for getting the boys ready and executing without Andre after it was a problem for two games?
So you agree in those weeks the boys don't put it together that it's on Kubiak?

Have you been giving Kubiak criticism in those instances? It would only be fair right? Give him credit when it's due (Sunday @Tennessee) and criticism when he don't (@Baltimore, @New Orleans, home vs Raiders).
Old 10-24-2011   #79
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He also called Foster in the pass game much more often.
Kubiak called Fosters name a couple times against the Ravens in the passing game ..... Foster didnt answer the bell .... He had two drops on what could have been game changing plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Schaub had a good game, but our O-Line, Foster, and D pretty much handed it to him on a silver platter. All he had to do was not play like....well, Romo comes to mind.

When the offense can rush for 200+ and the defense plays like it did yesterday .... your QB better look good .... That was a layup for Schaub if he ever had one.

Old 10-24-2011   #80
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So you agree in those weeks the boys don't put it together that it's on Kubiak?

Have you been giving Kubiak criticism in those instances? It would only be fair right? Give him credit when it's due (Sunday @Tennessee) and criticism when he don't (@Baltimore, @New Orleans, home vs Raiders).
yeh i actually liked the play calling .... he seemed to pass at yhe right time to keep em honest...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read