Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #41
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: That was the best i've ever seen Schaub play

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Considering its a message board for the team I root for that has multiple agenda posters running amock even after a virtually flawless performance, one that we've been clamoring for, then yeah I'd say it's not shocking for the mood to be ruined. But that's definitely what you guys want. It's impossible for you guys to just enjoy a win without thinking about how we're inevitably gonna fail.

It's a wonder how you people are even sports fans. I would have killed myself a long time ago if I could never enjoy the wins.
Bottom line we just stomped a mudhole in our rival, are 2-0 in the division and get the sorry jags next week.

Let the good times keep rollin!
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #42
kingh99

The play against the grain to Foster showed Schaub is a cerebral, cut above the rest QB. Foster, also solidified as an offensive gun, a deadly weapon.

In all the dust and blood of battle Schaub and Foster ran a perfect play.
Old 10-23-2011   #43
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Schaub's game today, did good... liked that one pass to Daniels, put it in a decent spot in what was good coverage...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Its easy to play QB when your team runs for 200+ yards .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #45
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't you think Kubiak deserves even the slightest ****ing bit of credit for getting the boys ready and executing without Andre after it was a problem for two games?

I think he does. He also pulled Kareem Jackson off the field after his first mistake and I don't think he saw him again.

He also called Foster in the pass game much more often.

Kubiak called a great goddamn game today. And it's so....SO okay to give just a shred of credit to everyone involved without being a ****ing debbie downer.

You expect the team to screw up somewhere down the line, good. Great. Just ***** about it when it happens. Not after a ****ing great game where pretty much everything worked unbelievably great save for Danieal Manning getting hurt.

Just STUFF THE CRAP for once. That goes for everyone who spouts this garbage every freaking minute of every freaking day. It's a wonder how you people enjoy ANYTHING.

Kubiak did good today.

Now go find some of this stuff.... stat!

Old 10-23-2011   #46
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Don't really know how to seriously respond to all the shit you manage to pull out of your ass . . but hey . . if anyone else wants to give that a whirl, it's a free country.
I'll try.

He's right.
Old 10-23-2011   #47
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

A dangerous running game is what makes this offense tick. Take away the running game and you take away the play action and boot leg passes. We ran the ball and protected well to boot, and in those circumstances Schaub plays like a pro-bowler.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011   #48
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Leave it to some people to piss people off so much after a win. I'm not surprised.

Should probably just get off the board for good. Stick around strictly for gameday discussion or if there are any news bits to discuss.

I can't believe this win is being ruined.
This is a football BBS. Overreacting to everything, both good and bad, is what we do. It's what most fans do. Everyone who posts here is guilty of it because it's normal behavior for sports fans.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #49
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great game for the coaches and great one for the players. Schaub started pretty rough, but as Foster turned it on it relieved the pressure from Schaub and he turned it on, Im telling you that when he has pressure he folds, but if you keep him mostly clean he can be flawless. The run game is the most important thing to this offense and it seems like we figured out how to make it go without AJ. Will only get better once he returns....
Old 10-23-2011   #50
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
The play against the grain to Foster showed Schaub is a cerebral, cut above the rest QB.
They ran the same play against the Raiders. It works when the defense overreacts to the play action boot. Which is setup by the run. Everything was clicking.

After the 0-4 start to Schaub's day. Wild would be an understatement regarding Matt's early inaccuracy. Then he went 18-19. Lights out. Efficient. Mistake free.

Was the run game on, today? Yes. Did the o-line block their arse off? Yes. Is that the only explanation to Schaub's performance today and the previous few weeks? I don't know. But, he played great today.
Old 10-23-2011   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Great game for the coaches and great one for the players. Schaub started pretty rough, but as Foster turned it on it relieved the pressure from Schaub and he turned it on, Im telling you that when he has pressure he folds, but if you keep him mostly clean he can be flawless. The run game is the most important thing to this offense and it seems like we figured out how to make it go without AJ. Will only get better once he returns....
For the life of me I cannot think of a single QB that this statement does not apply to.
I've seen Brady, Peyton, Brees, Sanchez (especially Sanchez), Roethlisberger (remember how the Ravens dismantled him - in fact, so did we) all wilt under repeated hits and constant pressure. Schaub is no different. The difference seems to be, those other guys appear to get better protection from game to game than Schaub.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #52
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Bottom line we just stomped a mudhole in our rival, are 2-0 in the division and get the sorry jags next week.

Let the good times keep rollin!
Because marioooowillshine said so! *cue the breaking of the glass*

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #53
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
For the life of me I cannot think of a single QB that this statement does not apply to.
I've seen Brady, Peyton, Brees, Sanchez (especially Sanchez), Roethlisberger (remember how the Ravens dismantled him - in fact, so did we) all wilt under repeated hits and constant pressure. Schaub is no different. The difference seems to be, those other guys appear to get better protection from game to game than Schaub.
Thats what I was trying to get at....its very inconsistent therefore his play is all over the place....and in Houston we blame the qb FOR EVERYTHING lol
Old 10-23-2011   #54
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
those other guys seem to make plays more often than not, which is why schaub is considered a second teir qb
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Thats what I was trying to get at....its very inconsistent therefore his play is all over the place....and in Houston we blame the qb FOR EVERYTHING lol
I don't think Flacco was protected any better than Schaub was last week. But he seemed to put together a great game (great as in Ray Rice had a great game).

Schaub had an opportunity to make a statement last week. If you want teams to stop blitzing you, you gotta beat them. He needs help from his receivers, but there were some big plays to open receivers that Schaub didn't make.
Old 10-23-2011   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think Flacco was protected any better than Schaub was last week. But he seemed to put together a great game (great as in Ray Rice had a great game).
First, we only got to Flacco twice. They sacked Schaub 4 times and hurried him at least as many times; probably more. So Flacco wasn't under the same level of pressure as Schaub for the duration of the game.

The key to the Ravens coming out on top last week was Ray Rice's 4th qtr running more than Flacco. We didn't have anything close to an effective running game last week. And then there's the small matter that we couldn't cover Anquan Boldin or Torrey Smith deep.

Who did we have that could get deep? Jacoby got deep once; that was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Schaub had an opportunity to make a statement last week. If you want teams to stop blitzing you, you gotta beat them. He needs help from his receivers, but there were some big plays to open receivers that Schaub didn't make.
An effective running game is the best anti-blitz medicine. When the front seven have to respect your running attack they can't pin their ears back and sell out on the pass rush.
And as I asked above, who do we have that's a serious deep threat? No one really... at least not until AJ comes back.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #57
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

it's the run game kubes passed enough to keep em honest and ran itdown their throat. major props for the guys todau job well done all around.
Old 10-23-2011   #58
Hervoyel
The Right Track

One thing I couldn't help but notice was that today it didn't seem like we'd just do some bizarre inexplicable thing for no apparent reason. We didn't effectively run over them for four straight plays and then suddenly abandon the run. It seemed like we had our fun letting Vickers try to be a running back (note to self, he does not touch the ball again) and we did our funky little end-around but for the most part I don't recall thinking often "Why are you doing this? Why did you stop doing what worked?"

That's a hallmark of a Texans self-crapping. The sudden abandoning of the run when it appears to be unstoppable. The out of nowhere trick play when you are finding success just lining up and knocking them off the ball. We didn't do much if any of that today and I for one enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old 10-23-2011   #59
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't see all the game because of crappy feeds online.

Did we get Schaub's patented $hitty throw of the game today or will we get a two-fer next week?
Old 10-23-2011   #60
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Didn't see all the game because of crappy feeds online.

Did we get Schaub's patented $hitty throw of the game today or will we get a two-fer next week?

He got it out of the way early when he overthrew Walter by a mile. I think it was Walter, might have been Jacoby. The ball went so far over the receiver I didn't really try to see who it was. Then once he had that out of the way he got on with it and had one of those days that makes you think we got the QB spot covered just fine.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read