Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: That was the best i've ever seen Schaub play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He started out really rough, going 0-4 and i was thinking "here we go again". But then he completes 18 of his last 19 passes for 296 and 2 TDS and NO TURNOVERS. Big time props to Schaub today, and outstanding job by the o-line in protecteion.
Props to Schaub AND I really don't understand all his myopic detracters, but he has had better games.
Old 10-23-2011   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77470 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Oh yeah, I stick around here just for the fun of it Marcus. Yeah, I really wanted us to lose today, You got me.

Anything serious to add, or just trolling like always? :gobacktoyourbridge:
Don't really know how to seriously respond to all the shit you manage to pull out of your ass . . but hey . . if anyone else wants to give that a whirl, it's a free country.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #23
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Props to Schaub AND I really don't understand all his myopic detracters, but he has had bettergames.
myopic detracters? if only we always two rb's run for over a hundred yards
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

AWESOME!!!

Texan on Texan Cyber violence!!! Love it!!!
Old 10-23-2011   #25
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Leave it to some people to piss people off so much after a win. I'm not surprised.

Should probably just get off the board for good. Stick around strictly for gameday discussion or if there are any news bits to discuss.

I can't believe this win is being ruined.
With the words you are using in most of your posts, I'd say you are instigating the behavior you are condemning. You were "pissed off" when you started posting.

If this is your farewell post the board will probably be a little less angry, just like you want.
Old 10-23-2011   #26
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #27
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't really fault fans for not buying into certain things. After what the fanbase has gone through the last few years, you've got to take that "Can't get too high, can't get too low" approach.

Besides, we're only 4-3.

On that note, it's great to see us take care of business in such a crucial game.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011   #28
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub had a good game and wasn't pressured into putting the game on his shoulders due to the success of the running game...when this happens we are very tough to beat...I think the game ball goes to the OL
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #29
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Laid out clearly what pissed me off. Came out guns blazing in response to the attitude being displayed intentionally ruining moods and whatnot after such a great performance. Doesn't put me in the wrong.

Whatever, I'll drop it. The pessimistic,crystal ball, Nick-Cage-in-Next horse-beaters shall continue to have their fun no matter what I or anyone else say.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #30
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub's test was the games Foster was being stuffed .

Nobody is against Schaub it's just that he's limited and if your ultimate goal is a SB then it's a problem .

It's never how bad you beat a bad team that is your highwater mark . I think the Titans are the team that's been destroyed the last two games . They're really bad so that leaves who to challenge the Texans ?

So while beating the Titans like rented mule is fun it's one tiny step toward a playoff party . Also if they do go to the playoffs , I expect more next year .

Old 10-23-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Don't you think Kubiak deserves even the slightest ****ing bit of credit for getting the boys ready and executing without Andre after it was a problem for two games?
Heck no, this only exemplifies what he is capable of doing. What happened to this in the 4th Qtr vs Baltimore, that game was ours.

What happened in the 4th Qtr vs Oakland.. we should have easily handled the Raiders at home.

What happened @ New Orleans, again, if he could have got our boys to play like this in the Big Easy, we'd be 5-2 right now, we should be 6-1 at least, but to go 0-3 in those games, inexcusable.

Quote:
I think he does. He also pulled Kareem Jackson off the field after his first mistake and I don't think he saw him again.
Kareem came out & played more, but I'd bet that was Wade's call.

Quote:
He also called Foster in the pass game much more often.
He called Foster in the passing game last week as well... Foster just failed to capitalize.
Quote:
Kubiak called a great goddamn game today. And it's so....SO okay to give just a shred of credit to everyone involved without being a ****ing debbie downer.
I won't argue here, but he also did something to get them boys from Kirby to play like Champions..... we need him to do that every week, not only every now & then, not only when his job is on the line, but every week.

That's what seperates the good coaches from the Kubiaks.

Quote:
Just STUFF THE CRAP for once. That goes for everyone who spouts this garbage every freaking minute of every freaking day. It's a wonder how you people enjoy ANYTHING.
I don't think I'd be spouting garbage, you know that ain't my way. But to say this proves anything about Kubiak.... you're asking for it.

Week in week out, just like the players, we need Kubiak to inspire this kind of performance every week. That talent doesn't just go away some weeks, that ability doesn't come & go. It's there & it's his job to get it out every week regardless how tough the other team is.

Old 10-23-2011   #32
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Laid out clearly what pissed me off. Came out guns blazing in response to the attitude being displayed intentionally ruining moods and whatnot after such a great performance. Doesn't put me in the wrong.

Whatever, I'll drop it. The pessimistic,crystal ball, Nick-Cage-in-Next horse-beaters shall continue to have their fun no matter what I or anyone else say.
If you let a mb ruin your mood then that's your problem .
Old 10-23-2011   #33
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Never said it "proves" anything about Kubiak. Kubiak proved he wasn't a great coach a long time ago.

But my thing all along is to analyze game by game. Not just him, the entire team. Analyze properly and give accurate assessments. If that means the players deserve blame one gaame, Kubiak blows it one game, Kubiak gets credit for prepping but players execute poorly, the entire team sucks, the loss falls on Schaub, the win comes from DL play... then so be it.
Old 10-23-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This is what's funny to me: Us being grumpy when we lose back to back games and then sunshine pumping when we beat down an obviously mediocre Titans team.

Yeah, we kicked a lady's ass today. I feel like a man.
If you are one of those guys who said the Titans weren't crap... if you thought to check the junk before this game, I'll give you that.

But, I've got a feeling you are one of those who thought we didn't have a chance today... If you thought we didn't have a chance & the Texans stomped the equivalent of a mud-hole in hillbilly holler.... this is a big, big turnaround & for you to act like it isn't is disingenuous at best.

Old 10-23-2011   #35
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If you let a mb ruin your mood then that's your problem .
Considering its a message board for the team I root for that has multiple agenda posters running amock even after a virtually flawless performance, one that we've been clamoring for, then yeah I'd say it's not shocking for the mood to be ruined. But that's definitely what you guys want. It's impossible for you guys to just enjoy a win without thinking about how we're inevitably gonna fail.

It's a wonder how you people are even sports fans. I would have killed myself a long time ago if I could never enjoy the wins.
Old 10-23-2011   #36
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never said it "proves" anything about Kubiak. Kubiak proved he wasn't a great coach a long time ago.

But my thing all along is to analyze game by game. Not just him, the entire team. Analyze properly and give accurate assessments. If that means the players deserve blame one gaame, Kubiak blows it one game, Kubiak gets credit for prepping but players execute poorly, the entire team sucks, the loss falls on Schaub, the win comes from DL play... then so be it.
i hear you bro, i still say schaub sucks and i get a beat down. he was great today with two rb's running for over a hundred yards. i became critical of schaub last year. he start 0-4 and my wife says here we go again with our suckass qb. she convinced me he didn't have it last year. people will think we are gonna make the playoffs after to day but i'm wondering if the schaub sucks next week when jax always seems to be more physical than us at the point of the attack. they have nothing to lose and are just here to ruin a homecoming.
Old 10-23-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
he start 0-4 and my wife says here we go again with our suckass qb. she convinced me he didn't have it last year.
My wife isn't a big Schaub fan either. She likes Brady & Sanchez.. I think it's the receding hairline more than the W-Ls

Old 10-23-2011   #38
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Considering its a message board for the team I root for that has multiple agenda posters running amock even after a virtually flawless performance, one that we've been clamoring for, then yeah I'd say it's not shocking for the mood to be ruined. But that's definitely what you guys want. It's impossible for you guys to just enjoy a win without thinking about how we're inevitably gonna fail.

It's a wonder how you people are even sports fans. I would have killed myself a long time ago if I could never enjoy the wins.
Did you take some estrogen by mistake .

One win isn't the goal anymore . I sill want them to go 11-5 because I think they can but not how they played the three previous games . So yes i enjoy the win but the better the Texans get the more the losses kill me .
Old 10-23-2011   #39
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My wife isn't a big Schaub fan either. She likes Brady & Sanchez.. I think it's the receding hairline more than the W-Ls

she knows a punk when she's one? my wife thinks schaub is a pu***. she doesn't think he's a leader. she loves rackers intensity though. she also loves cush. hard for me to argue with her
Old 10-23-2011   #40
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Way to derail this thread, guys. :schaubpalm:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read