Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default That was the best i've ever seen Schaub play

He started out really rough, going 0-4 and i was thinking "here we go again". But then he completes 18 of his last 19 passes for 296 and 2 TDS and NO TURNOVERS. Big time props to Schaub today, and outstanding job by the o-line in protecteion.
Old 10-23-2011   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: That was the best i've ever seen Schaub play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He started out really rough, going 0-4 and i was thinking "here we go again". But then he completes 18 of his last 19 passes for 296 and 2 TDS and NO TURNOVERS. Big time props to Schaub today, and outstanding job by the o-line in protecteion.
running game is a qb best's friend
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I've got nothing against Schaub (today) but I've seen him play better. This game, I think every one stepped up the way they needed to, where Matt didn't have to "make plays"

He made some great throws, but that should be expected.
Old 10-23-2011   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Yes, it is.

But, they won the game this way in spite of Kubiak, right?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yes, it is.

We're 1-18 against team who end up having a winning record at the end of the season. Let's remember that at the end of this season.

Because it might turn out that Titans end up .500 or worse, which means we won this game today because they suck more than we do...not because this is some harbinger of great things to come for Gary and his kids.

I've seen this song and dance for going on 6 years now. It's routine until it stops being routine.
Old 10-23-2011   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

So everyone was tripping balls about the Titans and how they're this and that, and now that we beat them handily, it's "oh, well, they could very well just turn out .500 or worse, so whatever, doesnt mean shit."

Sick of this goalpost-moving bull****ingshit.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've got nothing against Schaub (today) but I've seen him play better. This game, I think every one stepped up the way they needed to, where Matt didn't have to "make plays"

He made some great throws, but that should be expected.
This game saw a game plan that I think stepped away from Andre Johnson and found ways to get our guys involved in schemed plays for them. The Arian Foster pass play for a TD was that sort of play, IMO.

It's like our guys are learning they CAN play without Andre Johnson.

It was a game where I think Foster stopped being scared of getting his hammie hurt out there, He ran with authority and confidence. The offensive line got mean and nasty and stayed that way. Tate was fully healthy.

Kareem Jackson was benched after getting burned three times in a row, according to Thunderkyss in another thread. Jason Allen comes in and plays better, obviously. Not Pro-Bowl caliber, but still....better.

I'm just curious how Gary Kubiak ends up screwing the pooch as we go along. I know he has it in him. it's just "how" he ends up doing it that has me guessing.
Old 10-23-2011   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We're 1-18 against team who end up having a winning record at the end of the season. Let's remember that at the end of this season.

Because it might turn out that Titans end up .500 or worse, which means we won this game today because they suck more than we do...not because this is some harbinger of great things to come for Gary and his kids.

I've seen this song and dance for going on 6 years now. It's routine until it stops being routine.
Aw, what'samatter GP? Game didn't go the way you wanted it to?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I understand that, but had we lost, this could have been the kind of game the Titans needed to get started. If CJIgotPaid got off today, it could have been the start of his season.

At the same time, this is the same kind of play that takes the air out of a team that's been playing above their ability. Just like when the Cowboys came to Houston a couple of years ago..That game gave them hope.

We just knocked the Titan's hope into next season.

Old 10-23-2011   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This game saw a game plan that I think stepped away from Andre Johnson and found ways to get our guys involved in schemed plays for them. The Arian Foster pass play for a TD was that sort of play, IMO.

It's like our guys are learning they CAN play without Andre Johnson.

It was a game where I think Foster stopped being scared of getting his hammie hurt out there, He ran with authority and confidence. The offensive line got mean and nasty and stayed that way. Tate was fully healthy.

Kareem Jackson was benched after getting burned three times in a row, according to Thunderkyss in another thread. Jason Allen comes in and plays better, obviously. Not Pro-Bowl caliber, but still....better.

I'm just curious how Gary Kubiak ends up screwing the pooch as we go along. I know he has it in him. it's just "how" he ends up doing it that has me guessing.
Don't you think Kubiak deserves even the slightest ****ing bit of credit for getting the boys ready and executing without Andre after it was a problem for two games?

I think he does. He also pulled Kareem Jackson off the field after his first mistake and I don't think he saw him again.

He also called Foster in the pass game much more often.

Kubiak called a great goddamn game today. And it's so....SO okay to give just a shred of credit to everyone involved without being a ****ing debbie downer.

You expect the team to screw up somewhere down the line, good. Great. Just ***** about it when it happens. Not after a ****ing great game where pretty much everything worked unbelievably great save for Danieal Manning getting hurt.

Just STUFF THE CRAP for once. That goes for everyone who spouts this garbage every freaking minute of every freaking day. It's a wonder how you people enjoy ANYTHING.
Old 10-23-2011   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
So everyone was tripping balls about the Titans and how they're this and that, and now that we beat them handily, it's "oh, well, they could very well just turn out .500 or worse, so whatever, doesnt mean shit."

Settle down. Nobody is moving goal posts. We're actually operating within the normal playing rules here.

For six years, and I don't where you've been during those years if you're so yanked about this course of the thread's direction, I've watched a Texans team play Jekyll and Hyde every year like this.

We simply find ways to turtle up and tap out. We do. It's why we get called "soft," because we damn sure have the players to be better than we have been. We now have a defense that does likewise.

But you still are left wondering how we screw this up. Just as there are two halves in a game, there are two halves in a season. How do we react if we jump out to a 2 or 3 game lead in the division? Do we turtle up and lose it in the final week or two? It's possible. This team is a but cracker if there ever was one, friend.

It's just normal to think this way. We're conditioned to do so. Don't shoot the messengers here, OK?
Old 10-23-2011   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Don't you think Kubiak deserves even the slightest ****ing bit of credit for getting the boys ready and executing without Andre after it was a problem for two games?

I think he does. He also pulled Kareem Jackson off the field after his first mistake and I don't think he saw him again.

He also called Foster in the pass game much more often.

Kubiak called a great goddamn game today. And it's so....SO okay to give just a shred of credit to everyone involved without being a ****ing debbie downer.

You expect the team to screw up somewhere down the line, good. Great. Just ***** about it when it happens. Not after a ****ing great game where pretty much everything worked unbelievably great save for Danieal Manning getting hurt.

Just STUFF THE CRAP for once.
Man, you have a raging hard-on for being angry today. Congrats.

I'm not being a Debbie Downer. I'm talking in hyperbole, but with a bit of history to back my off-the-cuff remarks up with.

Chill out. Go take some meds with your soft serve ice cream, Eric Winston.
Old 10-23-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Aw, what'samatter GP? Game didn't go the way you wanted it to?
Oh yeah, I stick around here just for the fun of it Marcus. Yeah, I really wanted us to lose today, You got me.

Anything serious to add, or just trolling like always? :gobacktoyourbridge:
Old 10-23-2011   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Leave it to some people to piss people off so much after a win. I'm not surprised.

Should probably just get off the board for good. Stick around strictly for gameday discussion or if there are any news bits to discuss.

I can't believe this win is being ruined.
Old 10-23-2011   #15
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, it is.

i would say everything on the menu looked good today
Old 10-23-2011   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I understand that, but had we lost, this could have been the kind of game the Titans needed to get started. If CJIgotPaid got off today, it could have been the start of his season.

At the same time, this is the same kind of play that takes the air out of a team that's been playing above their ability. Just like when the Cowboys came to Houston a couple of years ago..That game gave them hope.

We just knocked the Titan's hope into next season.

This is speaking as if there is like 2 games left in the season or something.

This is what's funny to me: Us being grumpy when we lose back to back games and then sunshine pumping when we beat down an obviously mediocre Titans team.

Yeah, we kicked a lady's ass today. I feel like a man.

Always good to win, I want a BUNCH MORE OF THEM THOUGH. Let's table the celebration dance until we reach the finish line and end up first.

Munchak was giggling on the sideline, which I thought was AWESOME. Always feels good to see the other team's head coach know he got destroyed in the game. But I'm a hater according to Marcus, and Matrix, because I won't crown us yet. Part Pooper = GP, I suppose. LOL......
Old 10-23-2011   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:

loss to jax then what?
Old 10-23-2011   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

You're not a hater. I dont use that dumb**** term and anyone who does use that term should never, ever, ever be taken seriously for any reason.
Old 10-23-2011   #19
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
loss to jax then what?
Let's wait until it happens before fans become pieces of shit about it, yeah?

Too much to ask, I know.
Old 10-23-2011   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:

No doubt, I was really just impressed with what he did in managing the run plays and actually making some big time throws on 3rd down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read