Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default J Jo is a Beast and Rackers is a Madman

and I like it!

J Jo is playing very physical, the last few games especially. He is showing to be a very worthy investment. I love this guy's style of play.

Rackers is crazy, like he just broke out of the zoo or something, I think it's great he wants to get down there and lay a hit on someone. How many other kickers in the league play like that?
Old 10-23-2011   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: J Jo is a Beast and Rackers is a Madman

could joseph be more perfect for wade's defense? he has been near flawless so far. with the saving versus nnamdi (allowing for manning and mason), J Jo has been the best signing in the biggest free agent.

my shout out goes to cushing again. he absolutely has chris johnson's number and was again a monster in every aspect of the defense. man to man against a WR or back, zone, run support, blitz, calling the plays ... cushing has been everything on defense.
Old 10-23-2011   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
and I like it!

J Jo is playing very physical, the last few games especially. He is showing to be a very worthy investment. I love this guy's style of play.

Rackers is crazy, like he just broke out of the zoo or something, I think it's great he wants to get down there and lay a hit on someone. How many other kickers in the league play like that?
one of the guys on 610 post game ( I was driving home from Pasadena)said it best about rackers, "Way to go. Do it again and your fined $10,000."
Old 10-23-2011   #4
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
one of the guys on 610 post game ( I was driving home from Pasadena)said it best about rackers, "Way to go. Do it again and your fined $10,000."
Then Rackers might as well give them a blank check cause Rackers loves hitting on kickoffs. Wanna say he played defense in college before becoming a kicker...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted a camera on Rackers on his next kick-off after that tackle. It came pretty quickly, and I thought a Titan might go after him.
Old 10-23-2011   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Rackers ..... hits like a football player , not a liquored up kicker.

Braman is a ST monster ....

Keo had a hell of a play on ST.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, i doubt there's anything that'll keep rackers or hartman out of the mix ... though i bet joe loves it. that's one way to fire the team up. have your kicker flatten someone and come off the field raising hell.
Old 10-23-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
yeah, i doubt there's anything that'll keep rackers or hartman out of the mix ... though i bet joe loves it. that's one way to fire the team up. have your kicker flatten someone and come off the field raising hell.
and nothing pours water and snuffs out that torch than when your kicker goes out of game with a concussion. I like good hits but don't never want to see a kicker, punter of QB making them.
Old 10-23-2011   #9
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really liked the Keo hit. You can see the blocker trying to contain him, and Keo just pretty much runs through him. I definitely did not see him coming. I was like...wtf?
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #10
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Before this season I thought Joseph was known for his cover skills, I had no idea he could lay the wood. It's been a pleasant surprise.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

When we brought in Jon Joseph, a friend of mine, whom is more knowledgable about sports and who's opinion I respect, sent me the following text: "You guys did well. Joseph is the real deal. Better than Nnamdi."

I agree.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see Rackers get fined 10k for a hit, just for the hilarity of it.
Old 10-23-2011   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year Finnegan got punked, this year it's Marinari. Thanks for providing us with excellent .gifs Titans!
Old 10-23-2011   #14
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Before this season I thought Joseph was known for his cover skills, I had no idea he could lay the wood. It's been a pleasant surprise.
We were talking about this during the game. We had no idea JJoe was so physical.

Outstanding hit by Rackers too.
Old 10-24-2011   #15
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Loved seeing that kind of tackling in the open field like that as well. Joseph will still get beat every once in awhile like other top corners do, but he's been great out there for us all season long.

Still peeved that he had two touchdowns taken away from him against Pitt.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #16
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Rackers tackled like a madman. That been said. I would prefer Rackers stay away from tackling someone unless he has to. We need healthy kicker on our roster.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #17
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Rackers tackled like a madman. That been said. I would prefer Rackers stay away from tackling someone unless he has to. We need healthy kicker on our roster.

Go Texans!!!
I agree, plus the kicker should be the last line of defense on a kickoff. But in saying that....... It was fun to watch!!!!!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I agree, plus the kicker should be the last line of defense on a kickoff. But in saying that....... It was fun to watch!!!!!
It was fun to watch. I had a big smile on my face when that happened.

Stay safe Rackers!!! We need your leg more than your madman tackling.
Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a football player. Let him play.

If dude wants to make tackles let him do it. He's laying it on the line helping the team.

I would never coach the aggression and willingness out of any players. Plus it's demoralizing to the opposition when the kicker lays the wood to someone.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He's a football player. Let him play.

If dude wants to make tackles let him do it. He's laying it on the line helping the team.

I would never coach the aggression and willingness out of any players. Plus it's demoralizing to the opposition when the kicker lays the wood to someone.
Plus I would think it should raise the level of play of the other special teamers. I mean, if the kicker makes a big play, what excuse do the other guys have?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read