Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-22-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Darrelle Revis hangs up on popular radio host Mike Francesa

Quote:
The New York Jets, who just two weeks ago were airing their dirty laundry publicly to the media, are now taking potshots at the media in another bizarre instance for a franchise that seemingly can't get out of its own way.

On Friday afternoon in a call-in with WFAN's Mike Francesa, Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis(notes) had his interview abruptly halted by a member of the Jets media relations staff. Francesa was incessantly asking Revis about his 100-yard interception of Dolphins quarterback Matt Moore(notes), where Revis seemed to get away with holding and downfield contact on intended target Brandon Marshall(notes). The interview was going along fine until Francesa kept hammering at Revis about that one play, trying to get the Pro Bowl cornerback to concede that he got away with one.

You can see the interview here, via Jimmy Traina of SI.com.

Several minutes before the exchange got heated, Francesa said that Revis was "in my estimation, the best defensive player in the league." It went sour after that in an interview that aired live not just on WFAN but nationally on the YES Network:

Francesa: "You are still the only one in the world who doesn't think that was a penalty."

Revis: "I don't care! I don't care what everybody thinks! I don't care what you think, I don't care what the whole world thinks."

What followed then was more testy interchange, resulting in a Jets spokesman getting on the line and saying "Darrelle, Darrelle stop."

Francesa has had a rocky relationship with the Jets, dating back to his criticism of Jets head coach Rex Ryan. But Francesa and Revis have always been cordial if not downright chummy, so what happened on Friday afternoon was a surprise exchange. After being interrupted by the Jets staffer, Revis fired a closing shot at the radio host.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp10119
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Darrelle Revis hangs up on popular radio host Mike Francesa

wow, Revis
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

That doesn't make sense... isn't that the local station for the NYJets?

Aren't they supposed to be rainbows & lollipops?

Am I missing something with Houston media?
Old 10-22-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Media are like toilet paper. Necessary but you get rid of it pretty quickly.
Old 10-22-2011   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82030 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

**** the Jets and everybody on that team.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have hung up on that jerk also. Revis was on the phone too long imo.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'd have hung up on that jerk also. Revis was on the phone too long imo.
I would have hung up on him too ..... But that was pass interference or at least illegal contact beyond five yards .... Shouldnt have been a pick six.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I would have hung up on him too ..... But that was pass interference or at least illegal contact beyond five yards .... Shouldnt have been a pick six.
Whether it was, or wasn't doesn't matter. The guy kept on Revis trying to make him "admit" it... That ain't cool. Revis didn't blow the call, he made a play & that's all that mattered.
Old 10-23-2011   #9
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Revis did everything but tackle the big 'Phins WR, and then wouldn't admit that he and his team got a huge break that would turn the game around for the Jets.
You play for that fat-windbag Ryan, you start acting like him which includes an inability to recognize mistakes and shortcomings.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Revis did everything but tackle the big 'Phins WR, and then wouldn't admit that he and his team got a huge break that would turn the game around for the Jets.
You play for that fat-windbag Ryan, you start acting like him which includes an inability to recognize mistakes and shortcomings.
Marshall was clearly falling down, incidental contact at most & that crap (or something close to it) happens at least 4-5 times a game. if he doesn't intercept it & run it back for a score, noone gives it a 2nd thought. If i were revis, i'd hang up on his ass too.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Marshall was falling into Revis. I see a good no call on that. The ball was WAY, WAY, WAY underthrown in any case, so I don't see that as a huge break...just a nice play by a heads up Revis. No way I'd admit to a "mistake" that wasn't a mistake. No way I'd continue to talk to some idiotic moron who won't take my answer.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Marshall was clearly falling down, incidental contact at most & that crap (or something close to it) happens at least 4-5 times a game. if he doesn't intercept it & run it back for a score, noone gives it a 2nd thought. If i were revis, i'd hang up on his ass too.
MNF announcer/football-guru Chuckie himself was mystified that the Refs didn't throw a flag on Revis, some kind of flag, any kind of flag. Revis is the defensive version of Peyton Manning, who gets just incredible favoratism from the Refs.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Marshall was falling into Revis. I see a good no call on that. The ball was WAY, WAY, WAY underthrown in any case, so I don't see that as a huge break...just a nice play by a heads up Revis. No way I'd admit to a "mistake" that wasn't a mistake. No way I'd continue to talk to some idiotic moron who won't take my answer.
As I watched the video I was wondering what Francesa, whom I also dislike, was going so crazy about. He acted like Revis took his shirt off and what I saw was, as you said, a good no-call.

The clip got more and more ridiculous as Francesa just.....wouldn't.....drop it. The impass between the two was well established and I kept waiting for a Charlie Rose-like "well, we're not getting anywhere there" but it never came.
Old 10-23-2011   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Francesca was a a-hole for not dropping it, and Revis took the bait by getting all pissy. It was a bad situation all the way around.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK! Toes, that is...

I figure if my team can't win and be a success, at least the media darling Jets can be mired in muck along with us. Makes for a nice consolation prize, I suppose.
Old 10-23-2011   #16
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Revis took the bait by getting all pissy.
Revis is good, but he's also a prima donna like his HC who gets the New York preferential treatment.
I remember one game a couple years ago when Moss beat him real bad deep well after he was past his peak as an elite receiver, and there was hardly nothing said about the embarrasment for "Revis Island".
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
MNF announcer/football-guru Chuckie himself was mystified that the Refs didn't throw a flag on Revis, some kind of flag, any kind of flag. Revis is the defensive version of Peyton Manning, who gets just incredible favoratism from the Refs.
offensive guys see it as pass interference...defensive guys are gonna see it the opposite way. Knowing this, what side of the fence do you think Jaws & Chuckie are gonna fall? As Vinny said, it was a good no call, b/c Marshall clearly tried to initiate contact on his failed swim move & revis was just too good to let him get his hands on him 1st.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Every time i see Revis running with a WR down the field, he's always pushing and shoving him. I'm amazed that he never gets calls against him, just because he's the now proclaimed best and they wouldn't dare flag an NFL poster boy.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read