Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2011   #1
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83279 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Polish Cannon injured!

Janokowski has reportedly injured his hamstring, and may have to be shutdown for awhile. Meanwhile, the Raiders are trying out kickers. I only bring this up because without Jano, the Raiders would not have beaten the Texans. I know, too little, too late to help Kubes and the boys.

Also, Boller is slated to start, which I think is a great move by Hue Jackson, since it will allow Palmer 3 weeks of practice before playing since the Raiders have a bye next week.
Old 10-21-2011   #2
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Polish Cannon injured!

They are pretty much already in field goal range with a touchback off the kickoff with this guy
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad he wasnt "Out" of the Texans game .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

No, the raiders still would have won.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No, the raiders still would have won.
I doubt it .... Dude had 4 FG's three of which were beyond 50 yards (54 , 55 , 50 & 42). Most kickers are gonna miss one of three from that distance.

One miss means the Texans dont need a TD late , just a FG and they were well in range for that.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 10-24-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I doubt it .... Dude had 4 FG's three of which were beyond 50 yards (54 , 55 , 50 & 42). Most kickers are gonna miss one of three from that distance.

One miss means the Texans dont need a TD late , just a FG and they were well in range for that.
You can't change one event in a vacuum.

Let's say they don't go for one of the field goals and decide to punt.

Punt returner fumbles or offense has a turnover and they could be in position to still kick a field goal from a much shorter distance or get a td.

Or their defense stops us and we punt, they get a long return.

Texans played poorly enough that neither one of those scenarios are far fetched.

So we can agree to disagree. I've seen the texans come up short in all kinds of games and i am convinced they'd have found another way to lose that game.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer Polish Howitzer. I've never seen a kicker take one step and bomb a 55 yard FG. Of course if he took anymore steps, he may fail a sobriety test.
Old 10-24-2011   #8
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just rub some GHB on it and you won't feel a thing.
Old 10-24-2011   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I refer to him as "the mule". Every time the raiders went to kick, I'd turn to my wife and say "bring in the mule"......don't know why it's funny to me for some reason.
Old 10-24-2011   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I refer to him as "the mule". Every time the raiders went to kick, I'd turn to my wife and say "bring in the mule"......don't know why it's funny to me for some reason.
Cause there was a 1976 movie about a mule who kicked for a college team .... Staring none other than Don Knotts .... Gus

I Miss Good Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read