Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many Sacks do we get against the Titans??
5+ Hasselbeck doesn't get out alive 5 9.62%
4 Hasselbeck has a rough day 18 34.62%
3 Hasselbeck takes it in stride 17 32.69%
2 Hasselbeck beats the blitze 9 17.31%
1 Hasselbeck doesn't know we're there 3 5.77%
0 Hasselbeck turns in another good performance 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2011   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your Houston Texans Front Seven ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
3 at the most.

Brooks Reed still has not shown that he can beat blocks once O-linemen get their hands on him...Antonio Smith has come back down to earth since Mario has been out. The NT's are invisible against the pass...JJ Watt has not been getting pressure consistently...

Barwin has starting stepping up though...

I'd like to see Braman get some opprotunities...I'd also like to see Cushing used more as a blitzer
I believe (could be mistaken) I saw a stat the other day showing Cushing to be the league's top LB in terms of QB pressure ..... Dont recall where I saw it but it I think the link is here on TT somewhere.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If the Texans get to frisky , I can see a bunch of screens to CJ . This isn't exactly a good thing .
This might sound strange... odd even. But I'd go with a nickel package & have Glover spy CJ.... Let Nolan play safety & see what he's got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Maybe because for the past three years he has sucked. Maybe because he is having the best year of his career so far. I don't know why anyone would have expected that to be the case.
I mean other than that.

Old 10-21-2011   #23
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I see 3 or 4. I voted for three.

I'll go with Smith, Barwin, and Quin all notching a sack. Cush or Watt could add one too.

I think we win this one going away. 28-12 kind of game.
Old 10-21-2011   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way I see lots of sacks is if Hass is softened up with some solid hits as he releases the ball.......hits that leave him counting the stars circling his head.

But unlike the above, why force Hass to pay ten cents when he can see stars for free?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see 4+, but I voted 3. I think Munchak will have them ready for this game. Verdict is out on Kubiak.
Old 10-21-2011   #26
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

It depends on how well we play the run. I can see the tacks going run heavy and trying to control the clock.
Old 10-23-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's not that I want anyone to get hurt, but it's going to be a blood bath, you know how we do (@Tennessee). I'm hoping these guys kick it up a notch. We're averaging close to 3 sacks per game, & we're getting a lot of pressures & hits on the QB. I'm hoping for 5+ sacks, & an appearance by Jake Locker.
Well, we did see Locker.

Not the blood-bath I was expecting, Innegan was quite the genitalman....

ah well, there's always next time.
Old 10-23-2011   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they only sacked Hasselbeck once .... But they got a lot of pressure on him and made him get rid of the ball early , hell two plays in a row he threw it in the dirt and the pressure forced some poor throws .... Cant ask for much more.

Old 10-23-2011   #29
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

The ESPN stats say Watt and Reed got a sack a piece.

Mario who?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
The ESPN stats say Watt and Reed got a sack a piece.

Mario who?
Yeah , Reed got a sack on Locker ..... on his first play.

Watt got the sack on Hasselbeck.

Old 11-06-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Didn't really want to start another thread... but the front 5, the DL & the OLBs had a hell of a game today. Brooks Reed....... he's coming on. Everybody got involved today..... even Bullman.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read