Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2011   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remaining Schedule

12-4 or 11-5 at the worse. AJ comes back strong Matt starts to heal AFTER the Titans game and JJ shows consistency. Foster and Tate start chewing yardage and OD goes to Pro bowl. Reed becomes a steady player and Cushing is Beastman!
Old 10-21-2011   #42
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
12-4 or 11-5 at the worse. AJ comes back strong Matt starts to heal AFTER the Titans game and JJ shows consistency. Foster and Tate start chewing yardage and OD goes to Pro bowl. Reed becomes a steady player and Cushing is Beastman!
12-4 likely earns the Texans a first round bye in the playoffs. Can you imagine that? That would be very exciting.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011   #43
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
12-4 likely earns the Texans a first round bye in the playoffs. Can you imagine that? That would be very exciting.
I have been imagining that for the last 3 seasons...

Old 10-21-2011   #44
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 122253 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Given the way this team has performed, here's what it looks like to me now.

at Tennessee Titans - W (We get motivated)

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - W (Rookie QB gets killed)

CLEVELAND BROWNS - W (Hey, it's Cleveland)

at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - L (Looking strong)

BYE WEEK

at Jacksonville Jaguars - W (Rookie still there)

ATLANTA FALCONS - L (We get smoked and Dunta has a pick and a PF)

at Cincinnati Bengals - L (Kitties are starting to look real)

CAROLINA PANTHERS - L (Cam torches us and reminds us of VY)

at Indianapolis Colts - W - (they still suck....for Luck)

TENNESSEE TITANS - W (we win another home finale, this time it gets us in)

9-7 - We still win division, but lowest AFC seed in playoffs.
Old 10-21-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'd hate for this team to have a week off going into the play-offs. If they get hot, I'd much rather they ride that streak in back to back games.

Imagine our first trip to the play-offs, we get the first week bye & lose.

1 & done in the Wild-Card round says one thing about your team. 1 & done after a first week bye, & you're in Limbo all summer trying to figure out what you've really got.

& with what the way we feel about our coaching staff right now... we're going to have one heck of an off-season.

Old 10-21-2011   #46
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have one hell of an imagination. At this point im not sure anything less than 12 and 4 should warrant kubiak another year. There would have to be some serious ass kicking going on with a solid showing against a real super owl contender.

I mean 12 and 4 by just eaking out games with his schedule and getting blown out in the playoffs doesn't prove this regime is "on the right track" IMO. I've throw up this one time to many to start drinking it again without serious justification.
Old 10-21-2011   #47
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd hate for this team to have a week off going into the play-offs. If they get hot, I'd much rather they ride that streak in back to back games.

Imagine our first trip to the play-offs, we get the first week bye & lose.

1 & done in the Wild-Card round says one thing about your team. 1 & done after a first week bye, & you're in Limbo all summer trying to figure out what you've really got.

& with what the way we feel about our coaching staff right now... we're going to have one heck of an off-season.

Well, I will be happy with the achievement off all three of the following:

1) A winning record,
2) A division championship and
3) A playoff appearance.

Alternatively, I will be disappointed if those three benchmarks are not achieved.

As long as these three goals are achieved, anything over and above that is gravy, including a better record than 10-6 or an actual playoff victory. I am not one of these people who always has to have the threshold of satisfactory performance just out of reach, like some people apparently do.
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2011   #48
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, I will be happy with the achievement off all three of the following:

1) A winning record,
2) A division championship and
3) A playoff appearance.

Alternatively, I will be disappointed if those three benchmarks are not achieved.

As long as these three goals are achieved, anything over and above that is gravy, including a better record than 10-6 or an actual playoff victory. I am not one of these people who always has to have the threshold of satisfactory performance just out of reach, like some people apparently do.

So if we go 9 and 7 and win the division, back into the playoffs and get smoked in the first round, you're ok with that? If so you have been 100% desensitized!!!!
Old 10-21-2011   #49
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So if we go 9 and 7 and win the division, back into the playoffs and get smoked in the first round, you're ok with that? If so you have been 100% desensitized!!!!
Well, I will be somewhat disappointed if the Texans only win 9 games this year, but 10 games will certainly meet expectations. And I posted earlier that I do expect them to win at least 10 games.

In any case, I am more of a glass half full type person, which you apparently are not. If the Texans win their division and appear in the playoffs for the first time, that will be an excellent accomplishment that should not be overlooked or taken for granted, especially after the dismal 6-10 record last year and the introduction of an entirely new defensive scheme and defensive coordinator this season.

There is no point upsetting yourself about how this team might disappoint you in the weeks to come. It almost comes across like you want that to happen to a certain degree just so you can be right about it.

Instead, why not root for this team to do well and celebrate if they do? We are supposed to be "fans" after all. Aren't we?
Old 10-21-2011   #50
mussop
Hall of Fame

I used to be a half full guy to but have lost all confidence in this staff to turn this into a consistent playoff team. And no I can't Use last years record as a measuring stick to judge this years success. That would be lime giving Kubiak credit for sucking last year. There was no excuse for last year. And having a new defense isn't an excuse either. Kubiak hired that pos bush.

And no I don't want them to loose so I'll be right. I want them to win against winning teams consistenly an play at a level you would expect a team that has had the same head coach for six years to play with. I don't want to go into every game with the feeling "how are we going to **** this up".

I want a team that finds ways to win, no loose. I want a team I an be passionate about, not a team that has me sitting in my chair zoned out wondering if we are going to win even though we are winning in the fourth quarter.
Old 10-21-2011   #51
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Rather than study each opponent in detail, I would take a different, holistic approach:

1. Pencil in all games as Ws.

2. Switch all road games vs average or better teams to Ls.

3. Pick a random home game and switch it to an L. It's what they do.

4. I'd almost switch the game following the bye to an L, because with two weeks to prepare Kubiak will likely outsmart himself. However, that's needless Kubiak bashing so leave it as it is.

Where does that leave them?
@ Tennessee - (Rule 2) - Loss (3-4)
vs Jacksonville - (Rule 1) - Win (4-4)
vs Cleveland - (Rule 1) - Win (5-4)
@ Tampa Bay - (Rule 2) - Loss (5-5)
@ Jacksonville - (Rule 1) - Win (6-5)
vs Atlanta - (Rule 3) - Loss (6-6)
@ Cincinnati - (Rule 2) - Loss (6-7)
vs Carolina - (Rule 1) - Win (7-7)
@ Indianapolis - (Rule 1) - Win (8-7)
vs Tennessee - (Rule 1) - Win (9-7)

This makes too much sense. Especially the mini win streak to save Kubiak's job at the end of the season. Because the team loves to play for him, and all.
Old 10-21-2011   #52
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

This makes too much sense. Especially the mini win streak to save Kubiak's job at the end of the season. Because the team loves to play for him, and all.
that looks right given what i have seen so far. needless to say tenn takes the division with ten wins. i worry we dont beat carolina at home though
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #53
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Get your pink soap ready!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Wow..... that does look familiar. Other than the whole 5-7 thing.

So if we win tomorrow, we're back on for a 10 win season?

Old 10-23-2011   #55
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Wow..... that does look familiar. Other than the whole 5-7 thing.

So if we win tomorrow, we're back on for a 10 win season?

No, because if we do win this game, we'll just give one up to Jax in the next game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #56
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

A lot of people in this thread offered up some pretty dire projections of the Texans performance over the remainder of the season. In most cases, these negative Nancies started things off by picking the Titans over the Texans this week in Nashville.

After the Texans very impressive performance today against the Titans, perhaps some of these people would like to revise their projections. Perhaps some of these folks now realize that they were being overly alarmist and would like to try and offer a more sober assessment of the situation here.

In any case, it appears that some apologies, retractions and walk-backs are in order.

The Texans are now 4-3, with a 1-5 Jacksonville team coming to town next Sunday after a short week (Baltimore @ Jacksonville on MNF). It appears that all systems are go and the Texans are back on track for a successful season.
And when Andre Johnson returns, watch out.
Old 10-23-2011   #57
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A lot of people in this thread offered up some pretty dire projections of the Texans performance over the remainder of the season. In most cases, these negative Nancies started things off by picking the Titans over the Texans this week in Nashville.

After the Texans very impressive performance today against the Titans, perhaps some of these people would like to revise their projections. Perhaps some of these folks now realize that they were being overly alarmist and would like to try and offer a more sober assessment of the situation here.

In any case, it appears that some apologies, retractions and walk-backs are in order.

The Texans are now 4-3, with a 1-5 Jacksonville team coming to town next Sunday after a short week (Baltimore @ Jacksonville on MNF). It appears that all systems are go, and the Texans are back on track for a successful season.
And when Andre Johnson returns, watch out.
i feel you but jax scares me. if we win vs our nemisis than look out
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #58
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
HOME GAMES
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 1/5 W
CLEVELAND BROWNS 2/3 W
ATLANTA FALCONS 3/3 L
CAROLINA PANTHERS 1/5 W
TENNESSEE TITANS 3/2 W

AWAY GAMES
at Tennessee Titans 3/2 L
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4/2 L
at Jacksonville Jaguars 1/5 W
at Cincinnati Bengals 4/2 L
at Indianapolis Colts 0/6 W

I'm going with 6 and 4 to finish the season 9 and 7. This would give us our first division title and a first round bye. I started thinking, wow you know if that happens then maybe Kubiak does deserve another chance.

Then I started looking closer.

All games opponents record right now is 22 and 34
Division games opponents record right now is 4 and 13
Home games opponents record right now is 10 and 18
Away games opponents record right now is 12 and 17

Has a coach ever been given an easier life line than this?
Your not getting a first round bye if you go 9 and 7.
Old 10-23-2011   #59
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

People won't be happy until Kubiak and Smith are face down in the Rio Grande with bullet holes in their heads, AND after winning 4 titles in a row and winning each game 71-3.

Bottom line.

To ask for apolgies, retractions, and walk-backs is asking way, way, way too much out of some people here.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #60
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
i feel you but jax scares me. if we win vs our nemisis than look out
It will "Battle Red" day next Sunday, no?

The Texans are going to deliver a serious beat-down on the Jags. Book it, Danno!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read