Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Anyone else getting sick of teams going up and down ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You wondered why people think you are pro Kubiak, I answered.
Thank You
Quote:
1) I want Kubiak gone. However, that doesn't put me in the ten percent that "holds him to a different standard". I don't go to the detail to blame him for fourth and one calls, etc. I see that he has been a little below average for his tenure here. He has one season that was two whole games better than Capers' best season. Last year was worse. He has had plenty of time, isn't progressing, and in a competition it is get better or be replaced. I guess I should stop reading your posts, since they seem to be directed to defend everything to those few who attack everything, not to us more moderate people lumped into some global "Kubiak hater" group.
No, I've never put you in that group. Yes, most of my post are directed at that group.
Quote:
2) This is just my opinion, but I find these "defend everything" posts just as tiresome the "attack everything" posts. I get tired of people nitpicking every single play that doesn't go right as an example of his being a bad coach. Any play can blow up; it's the body of work that counts. I'm just as tired of hearing about injuries, bad calls, and shortened pre-seasons. These are common across the league and every bump in the road shouldn't send the Texans into the ditch.
Good point-of-view.
Quote:
So I'm just going to ignore the posts from the two extremes. It will make a lot less reading, because those few posters do most of the posting right now. I'm sure it won't break any hearts if I don't read much of this drivel.
Actually, it's good for some balance.

No reason those of us on the extremes should be the only ones finding joy in posting here.
Old 10-20-2011   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I dont think backing into the playoffs and a round 1 exit will get Kubiak another year. McNair expects to have a competitive team this year and an 8-8 division win + round 1 loss = time for a change.
What makes you say this? Speculation on your part (which is okay to do), or do you have anything concrete from McNair that would support it?

I'm not calling you out by any means, but I've been looking for anything that indicates that it's an either/or situation.

Yes, we know what we think he should do, but his history indicates that he's going to do what he's going to do, and that is often at odds with how most other NFL owners have operated in the past.

What we do know about McNair based on his own words is that he does not like change and he thinks losing a MNF game by a potential comeback is a team on the right track. This mentality certainly opposes a win now or else perspective.

Quote:
I take it you are not a fan of being in the AFC Championship game?

If Kubiak can win 2 playoff games and lose to the other best team in the AFC, would you really want to get rid of him? That is similar to the Chargers firing Marty when he went 14-2.
I'm a Texans fan, so I want playoff wins regardless of Kubiak or some other coach. In spite of the previous 5 seasons, if the Texans win two playoff games, then by all means, keep Kubiak and re-load for another try.

Quote:
I get ya. I hope this explains my stance.

Not making the playoffs is unacceptable to me. New HC is needed.

Backing into the playoffs (8 or 9 wins) and losing that first playoff game is unacceptable to me. New HC is needed.

Hell, winning 12 games and losing that first playoff game is unacceptable to me. New HC is needed.

Backing into the playoffs (8 or 9 wins) and winning 2+ playoff games is acceptable to me.

The gray area is winning 1 playoff game, and losing the 2nd. What do you do there?
It's not a gray area as far as I'm concerned. I have absolutely no doubt that McNair would keep Kubiak under that circumstance, and it would not surprise me to see a contract extension, as well.

We win a playoff game, regardless of how we get there, I do not want to see the coaching staff blown up. The road to the championship game goes through the playoffs, so just getting that 'first time' monkey off our back means something.
Old 10-20-2011   #43
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What makes you say this? Speculation on your part (which is okay to do), or do you have anything concrete from McNair that would support it?

I'm not calling you out by any means, but I've been looking for anything that indicates that it's an either/or situation.

Yes, we know what we think he should do, but his history indicates that he's going to do what he's going to do, and that is often at odds with how most other NFL owners have operated in the past.

What we do know about McNair based on his own words is that he does not like change and he thinks losing a MNF game by a potential comeback is a team on the right track. This mentality certainly opposes a win now or else perspective.

I'm a Texans fan, so I want playoff wins regardless of Kubiak or some other coach. In spite of the previous 5 seasons, if the Texans win two playoff games, then by all means, keep Kubiak and re-load for another try.

It's not a gray area as far as I'm concerned. I have absolutely no doubt that McNair would keep Kubiak under that circumstance, and it would not surprise me to see a contract extension, as well.

We win a playoff game, regardless of how we get there, I do not want to see the coaching staff blown up. The road to the championship game goes through the playoffs, so just getting that 'first time' monkey off our back means something.
Really the only thing I can find is this.

Quote:
"I want to see us do more than just make the playoffs," he said. "That's what I expect. I think we have the talent to do it. I think we've got the coaching staff to do it.
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...am-2079604.php

Sounds to me like it would take AT LEAST 1 playoff victory to even consider keeping Kubiak.

Also of note.

Quote:
At the same time, Kubiak and Smith are not joined at the hip when it comes to their job evaluations.

"I view them separately," McNair said. "They each have a job. They have to work together just like a lot of our people. Each has their own individual responsibility. One doesn't pull the other one down, and one doesn't pull the other one up. Both have to efficiently manage (their responsibilities) and get results based on the circumstances.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really the only thing I can find is this.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...am-2079604.php

Sounds to me like it would take AT LEAST 1 playoff victory to even consider keeping Kubiak.

Also of note.
yeah, I've read those. Thanks for the reply.

I'm like you in that it should be playoff win or bust mentality by our owner.

But, I just don't believe it will happen until it actually happens. McNair is a tough owner to read. Dude has the patience of a cat and the loyalty of a dog. He is certainly unlike 31 other NFL owners, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you choose to perceive it.
Old 10-20-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Quote:
At the same time, Kubiak and Smith are not joined at the hip when it comes to their job evaluations.

"I view them separately," McNair said. "They each have a job. They have to work together just like a lot of our people. Each has their own individual responsibility. One doesn't pull the other one down, and one doesn't pull the other one up. Both have to efficiently manage (their responsibilities) and get results based on the circumstances.
That's the kicker that's been getting us. We need to try to narrow him down on what he means by circumstances.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read