Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2011   #21
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is a Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There is the kind of non black and white conversation I am talking about. Lots of teams would prefer Schaub over their current situation. At the same time he has not proven to be the elevate any team kind of QB either ... although that is something of a myth. Manning (everyone knows which one) has one ring. How long has it been since Brady got one? Marino never did. And yet all three would be listed by most in the top 5 QB's of all time if this was a theoretical discussion in the NFL Forum. Would anybody rank any of those three as worse QB's than Bradshaw who has as many rings as they do combined?

They call it the ultimate team sport for a reason.
I can't tell, are you defending Schaub or throwing him under the bus?
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
I can't tell, are you defending Schaub or throwing him under the bus?
Neither. He's serviceable.

I just don't get this Schaub, Kubiak, etc. debate. You can look at 1-4 plays and blame either of them, another team member or the refs and the Texans are 5-1 and guess what? - there is almost no bitching at all. I have never claimed things are peachy keen, Schaub or Kubiak are the best, yada yada. My point is this is a team sport and the team has lost.

I just get tired of the "only look at the leaders" nature of the discussion. But I will bow out. Blame only the HC and the QB. OLines playing like crap, WR's dropping balls, refs missing blatant (not even questionable) calls,...none of the rest matters. Schaub and Kubiak are losers. (Somebody quote that out of context.)
Old 10-19-2011   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is the kind of non black and white conversation I am talking about. Lots of teams would prefer Schaub over their current situation. At the same time he has not proven to be the elevate any team kind of QB either ... although that is something of a myth. Manning (everyone knows which one) has one ring. How long has it been since Brady got one? Marino never did. And yet all three would be listed by most in the top 5 QB's of all time if this was a theoretical discussion in the NFL Forum. Would anybody rank any of those three as worse QB's than Bradshaw who has as many rings as they do combined?

They call it the ultimate team sport for a reason.
I dont disagree with what you have typed.

That said, Bradshaw was on a team known for amazing defense.

When you have a team that largely depends on it's offense and passing game, you need a qb. . .a really good Qb.

You just need your defense to serve it's purpose.

If you have an amazing defense you don't need your offense to be equally amazing. They just need to serve their purpose and do somethings well.

For this season and seasons moving forward, we are going to need schaub to play better than he has been. Well, if we want to do anything in the play-offs.

Our defense cannot carry this team and when opponents key on the run game shammy has to consistently make teams pay.

If he doesn't we will find it extremely tough to win games this year. Offense needs to step up and kick ass and I'm convinced that the defense will get theirs.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Question:

If one of the highly touted top 3 QBs falls to within a reasonable grasp of the Texans in the draft do you go after him? (Talking Jones, Barkley or lol Luck)
Old 10-19-2011   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I dont disagree with what you have typed.

That said, Bradshaw was on a team known for amazing defense.

When you have a team that largely depends on it's offense and passing game, you need a qb. . .a really good Qb.

You just need your defense to serve it's purpose.

If you have an amazing defense you don't need your offense to be equally amazing. They just need to serve their purpose and do somethings well.

For this season and seasons moving forward, we are going to need schaub to play better than he has been. Well, if we want to do anything in the play-offs.

Our defense cannot carry this team and when opponents key on the run game shammy has to consistently make teams pay.

If he doesn't we will find it extremely tough to win games this year. Offense needs to step up and kick ass and I'm convinced that the defense will get theirs.
Look, here is my analysis. You can ask Texans Chick for confirmation as I have been saying this back to the Capers' days. I dislike coaches who can't do what they are supposed to be experts at. Corollary, I dislike coaches who over control what they don't know. Capers did both. He never built a good D and over-controlled the O. Kubiak has built a good O -not elite but at least good. He has failed on hiring someone to make a good D until possibly this year (they are still give up too many points in crunch time). I said in another thread that is the same analysis I have for popular names like Cowher, Billick and Gruden. LeBeau was responsible for the D. Neither Billick or Gruden built their D and neither built their O to what a "guru" would do.

Now at this point (as in end of this season) you go "too much time" and part ways. But I want a Jimmy Johnson coming to Dallas before I want a retread who has a ring but hasn't proven their worth otherwise.

That makes me neither pro or anti Kubiak - just I want something better if there is going to be a change.
Old 10-19-2011   #26
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Neither. He's serviceable.

I just get tired of the "only look at the leaders" nature of the discussion. But OLines playing like crap, WR's dropping balls, refs missing blatant (not even questionable) calls,...none of the rest matters. Schaub and Kubiak are losers. (Somebody quote that out of context.)
Well no argument with any of this. Right on the money.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read