Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2011   #61
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's say the worst happens and Kubs is gone....

1st of all, thread title needs to be changed. Firing kubiak isn't the "worst" thing that could happen.....its the best thing...

2nd, i firmly believe that any other competent coach could get us in the playoffs with our current roster, the only caveat to that imo is that i think the next coach they bring in has gotta be a re-tred guy.. & a guy willing to leave Wade in as the DC....i.e. someone who is adept enough to be able to use what we currently have to win early while making minimal/gradual changes to incorporate his system for the long term.

In other words, i don't want to see this team ripped apart in 1 year to fit a specific scheme only to find out that the coach is trash (Josh McDaniels anyone?) & then we're in a worse position than we were before we hired the guy....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #62
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are a joke, the whole "it takes 3 years to rebuild" is garbage. Look at the Niners and Lions who turned it around in one season, or how about the Bengals, what about Atlanta, they had one bad season after Vick then turned it around. A good coach can do that, Gary cannot, therefore by reasonable deduction we can ASSUME Gary is NOT a good coach.....
Old 10-20-2011   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
We are a joke, the whole "it takes 3 years to rebuild" is garbage. Look at the Niners and Lions who turned it around in one season, or how about the Bengals, what about Atlanta, they had one bad season after Vick then turned it around. A good coach can do that, Gary cannot, therefore by reasonable deduction we can ASSUME Gary is NOT a good coach.....
If the Lions & Niners finish 8-8, after finishing 6-10 last year, would you consider that the same as turning it around? The most impressive thing the Niners have done so far is beat the Lions. There is still a lot of football to be played.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Lions or Niners, I'm just as impressed with them as anyone. I just think everyone's perspective is a little off here. There is nothing wrong with a 3-3 record. Teams have started 2-4 & finished 12-2 before, or 10-6. Mid-October, to Mid-December, imo is the more important time period. How you do on that 8 game stretch says more about a team than the first 6 games.

Everybody knows who you are by then. You aren't surprising anybody.
Old 10-20-2011   #64
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
you say some hilarious stuff sometimes. He's on the Competition Committee however, so he does have that going for him.
Not GM but as a GM did win this award. My memory not completely gone into retirement.

Smith was honored with the 2008 Tank Younger Award, presented annually by the Fritz Pollard Alliance for outstanding work in an NFL front office. http://www.houstontexans.com/team/st...3-5f875710e9b2

pppfffffttttt!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read