Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2011   #41
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's say the worst happens and Kubs is gone....

its time for kubes and smith to go. hire a gm and let him find a coach. lets do it the old fashioned way
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #42
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
I'm just as tired of losing as the rest of you, but have you thought of the fact that if we fire one, or both, we will be back on a 3 year rebuilding cycle again? I, for one, shudder to even think of that.
This is false thinking.

Had we fired Kubiak at the end of 2009 (like we should have) instead of giving him that ridiculus extension, we'd be in year 3 of a new coaching regime, and on our way back.

You can't keep saying "if we fire him, we will have to rebuild" year, after year, after year. We can't give this guy a lifetime contract, no matter how many want to give him one.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #43
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
This is false thinking.

Had we fired Kubiak at the end of 2009 (like we should have) instead of giving him that ridiculus extension, we'd be in year 3 of a new coaching regime, and on our way back.

You can't keep saying "if we fire him, we will have to rebuild" year, after year, after year. We can't give this guy a lifetime contract, no matter how many want to give him one.
Exactly. I was a Kubes supporter for too long (much as I was a defender of HWNSNBM for far too long) and 09 was the backbreaker for me.

Then last year I figured ok, we still have him, fine, we can do this and got all excited.

Thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the SD game happened where a no namer named Shire Ajiritoutou or some such name burned up the Texans D (specifically KJ I believe) for a career game and that was it on that season for me pretty much. In fact here were my thoughts back then lol... http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77357

So, this season already started with a black cloud over head as most I think were pissed at the smoke uncle bob keeps blowing up our asses about kubes and the fact that he stayed for another year. So it shoudn't be surprising thet fans are ready to melt down already. It's a bad marriage that should have mercifully been put down already.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #44
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just as tired of losing as the rest of you, but have you thought of the fact that if we fire one, or both, we will be back on a 3 year rebuilding cycle again? I, for one, shudder to even think of that.
I don't think this would happen with the Texans. The team has the talent. It's definitely not the players (though they play a part, like in all teams). It's the coaching. Doubt the team would need to blow it all up if/when there is a new coach. Someone like Cowher would just have to coach this bunch up. Plus, there are plenty of teams that have turned it around in one or two years. This is Kubiak's sixth year of trying to "turn it around". lmao.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #45
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Smith goes too.

Matter of fact, he should have left with Okoye.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
This is false thinking.

While I understand the frustration & agree with your 3 year premise.

But 2009?

I understand close games & all that, games we should have won. But we go 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7 & you want to fire the HC?

I can't get behind that.

I understand today we are looking at what was predicted 2 seasons ago. I understand Kubiak looks like the man he was thought to be 2 seasons ago. & I understand there wasn't a "real" parade for 9-7 & there shouldn't be.

I still wouldn't have pulled that trigger after the 2009 season.

I understand the dissappointment, I'm disappointed my self. But if we go 11-5 this season (it can happen, especially if you are right about Kubiak) but:
6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7, 6-10, 11-5(AFC Championship game) That's not really to far off from a regular NFL team cycle.
Old 10-19-2011   #47
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think (knowing our franchise) we would fire Gary and keep Rick while promoting Wade....everyone would bump up one spot and they would hire like a secondary coach or something stupid....thats just how Bob rolls....no BALLS
Old 10-19-2011   #48
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They've never quit on him, they've never turned on each other, & they (other than Dunta) all tote the company line.

There's something to be said about that. The only way that happens is if they buy what he's selling. So there is obviously another side of Kubiak that we aren't seeing. Not camp cuddle-up or anything like that. but respect, major respect.

I bet they've got a major "us against the world" attitude going on in there.... sooner or later it's going to pay off.
Then perhaps what Mr. McNair needs to do is walk into the locker room and tell the players, "This is the weakest division in the league right now. If I don't see y'all in the playoffs this year, Coach Kubiak is history."
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #49
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That divisional losing streak last year put me into get-a-real-DC-or-fire-Kubiak mode. That was the time...

I'm not going to overreact right now to losses incurred against good/mediocre teams while A.J. is standing on the sidelines and I personally don't see Kubiak making stupid decisions during games, although I saw it last year and I hear people complaining about it now. What I will do is hold these losses against him if he doesn't find a way to get 10 wins and/or a win in the playoffs. He's lucky to still be here and this year is IT. If A.J., Foster, Schaub, Cushing, and J. Joseph go down for the season this weekend, he better find a way to win 7 more games, because there are no more excuses when this season is over, WHICH IT'S NOT YET.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #50
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
Then perhaps what Mr. McNair needs to do is walk into the locker room and tell the players, "This is the weakest division in the league right now. If I don't see y'all in the playoffs this year, Coach Kubiak is history."
Lol...I think only the late Al Davis would have the stones to do that RIP.

I would love to see McNair do that, but it clashes with the whole plaid picnic table atmosphere.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #51
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Let's look back at the 2006 draft .

1. Texans ... we're heading to our annual SNAFU .
2. Saints ... good team , hired Payton the same year as we hired Kubiak with one SB title .
3. Titans ... on par with the Texans but made changes .
4. Jets ... gone deep in the playoffs last couple of years . Rex Ryan hired after Kubiak .
5. Packers ... best team in the NFL and the model for how to build a team . McCarthy was hired same year as Kubiak .
6. 49ers ... on the rise finally Harbaugh's first year .
That list was damning. When are they going to get their act together?
Old 10-19-2011   #52
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That list was damning. When are they going to get their act together?
The Saints signed Brees then took Bush in 06 .

Jets hired Ryan and tried with Sanchez but he hasn't got them over the hump . They picked Ferguson and Mangold in the 1st in 06 .

The Packers had Aaron Rogers fall into their lap at 24 . In 06 they drafted Hawk . In 09 they drafted Raji and traded up for Mathews .

49ers drafted Alex Smith in 05 #1 overall instead of Rogers . The Texans took Travis Johnson DT at #15 in 05 but we had Carr .
Old 10-19-2011   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Ric Smith GM of the year his rookie year or the next one?
Old 10-19-2011   #54
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wasn't Ric Smith GM of the year his rookie year or the next one?
you say some hilarious stuff sometimes. He's on the Competition Committee however, so he does have that going for him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick/Gary = failure, they both should be gone.

It doesn't matter what we want, we're only the paying customers. What we want doesn't matter. This is BoBBy's team and he's going to do with it whatever he pleases.(Makes him the most $$$$)

As Texan fans we either have to learn to live with this, or move on to rooting for another team. Unfortunately this is what its come to as as Texan fan.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Saints signed Brees then took Bush in 06 .
The Saints also drafted

Roman Harper (Starting SS)
Jahri Evans (Starting RG)
Zach Strief
Marcus Colston (Starting WR)

In 2007 they drafted

Robert Meachum
Jermon Bushrod (Starting LT)

2008 they drafted

Sedrick Ellis (Starting DE)
Tracey Porter (Starting CB)
Carl Nicks (Starting LG)

Malcolm Jenkins (Starting Safety)

Patrick Robinson
Charles Brown (Starting RT)
Jimmy Graham (Starting TE)

Mark Ingram
Cameron Jordan
Old 10-20-2011   #57
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Saints also drafted

Roman Harper (Starting SS)
Jahri Evans (Starting RG)
Zach Strief
Marcus Colston (Starting WR)

In 2007 they drafted

Robert Meachum
Jermon Bushrod (Starting LT)

2008 they drafted

Sedrick Ellis (Starting DE)
Tracey Porter (Starting CB)
Carl Nicks (Starting LG)

Malcolm Jenkins (Starting Safety)

Patrick Robinson
Charles Brown (Starting RT)
Jimmy Graham (Starting TE)

Mark Ingram
Cameron Jordan
In 2005 they traded up with the Texans to draft Jamal Brown OT .

None of their success happens without the FA QB and Payton . I would dare say that you could switch Brees and Payton for Schaub and Kubiak and the Texans would be the SB contending team .
Old 10-20-2011   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
In 2005 they traded up with the Texans to draft Jamal Brown OT .

None of their success happens without the FA QB and Payton . I would dare say that you could switch Brees and Payton for Schaub and Kubiak and the Texans would be the SB contending team .
Too many variables in that situation, especially considering conferences and divisions. It would have been interesting though.

My point though, in addition to acquiring Brees, they have also drafted really well despite screwing up 2 first round picks; Bush & Meachum.
Old 10-20-2011   #59
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Too many variables in that situation, especially considering conferences and divisions. It would have been interesting though.

My point though, in addition to acquiring Brees, they have also drafted really well despite screwing up 2 first round picks; Bush & Meachum.
I think the year they won the SB or the year before they had like 25 new players . They can find talent to fit their scheme .

Payton or someone brought in Greg Williams after the Saints got close . They didn't go for Richard Smith .
Old 10-20-2011   #60
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It depends. The culprit isn't Kubiak's system or playbook, but rather his lack of leadership skills and talent evaluation. This means that we could keep Dennison at OC, thus the system, and simply hire a HC with some balls.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read