Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2011   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Teams You WOULD NOT TRADE PLACES WITH

this includes the whole franchise in general, not just this year or the last couple of years. but if you get to trade teams and everything that comes with it, all the history and titles and everything, which teams would you say no to.

here are mine.

Bengals.
Browns.
Vikings.
buccaneers
cardinals
seahawks

borderline but no
panthers
chiefs

i think its pretty good that i would rather have the texans over 8 other teams considering weve never accomplished anything
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Teams You WOULD NOT TRADE PLACES WITH

Since the Texans have been roughly an 8-8 team over the past few years, I'll say roughly half of the teams in the NFL.

That supposed to make us feel better? Yay! We're better than 8 (or 12, or even 16) teams!

Also, a few of the teams you have on that list have a pretty good stretch of time in their history. The Bengals of the '80s had a couple Super Bowl appearances, and lost to the 49ers, which lots of teams do. The Vikings went to 4 Super Bowls in the '70s. The Bucs have a Super Bowl win. Even the hapless Cardinals have a Super Bowl appearance, and a recent one, at that. Since you said all the history ....
Old 10-18-2011   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
this includes the whole franchise in general, not just this year or the last couple of years. but if you get to trade teams and everything that comes with it, all the history and titles and everything, which teams would you say no to.

here are mine.

Bengals.
Browns.
Vikings.
buccaneers
cardinals
seahawks

borderline but no
panthers
chiefs

i think its pretty good that i would rather have the texans over 8 other teams considering weve never accomplished anything
Bengals have build a nice defense, just traded Palmer for 2 high draft picks, have a stud rookie receiver, looks like a good QB. I don't know if Id rather be them or us.
Old 10-18-2011   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Since the Texans have been roughly an 8-8 team over the past few years, I'll say roughly half of the teams in the NFL.

That supposed to make us feel better? Yay! We're better than 8 (or 12, or even 16) teams!

Also, a few of the teams you have on that list have a pretty good stretch of time in their history. The Bengals of the '80s had a couple Super Bowl appearances, and lost to the 49ers, which lots of teams do. The Vikings went to 4 Super Bowls in the '70s. The Bucs have a Super Bowl win. Even the hapless Cardinals have a Super Bowl appearance, and a recent one, at that. Since you said all the history ....
that's us, middle of the pack. mediocre.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

i took most of that into consideration. i would still pick the texans over those teams.
Old 10-18-2011   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of us here are frustrated because we know the Texans are a decent head coach away from being a top team. Kubiak coaches like a goober.
Old 10-18-2011   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i took most of that into consideration. i would still pick the texans over those teams.
sure, you pick the worst teams in the league and say we are better than them. Aren't we supposed to be better than the worst teams in the league after ten years of building a franchise?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2011   #8
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Astros

wait n/m.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You forgot the Titans and Jags.
Old 10-18-2011   #10
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
sure, you pick the worst teams in the league and say we are better than them. Aren't we supposed to be better than the worst teams in the league after ten years of building a franchise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
maybe you guys are misunderstanding me. im not just talking about prospects of winning this year or how they look in the future. im talking about overall franchises. If i could trade places with any fan, the only ones i wouldnt trade with are the ones i posted. that being said, i would trade with the titans and the jags.
Old 10-18-2011   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Battle red Tarp day wouldn't go to good with the tailgating, beer and that color red make tempers flair after a few beers and mediocre football

Liberty white Tarp day would be tough on the eyes on those bright sunny day

Steel Blue Tarp day seems kinds of depressing

I don't know many Texans that have bbq recipes for pressure cookers for carp,possum and racoon
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
maybe you guys are misunderstanding me. im not just talking about prospects of winning this year or how they look in the future. im talking about overall franchises. If i could trade places with any fan, the only ones i wouldnt trade with are the ones i posted. that being said, i would trade with the titans and the jags.
Ain't nothin stopping you from doing so...
Old 10-18-2011   #13
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys...

No way!
No how!
No matter the amount of $$$!
No flippin' number of championships!!!

Would surrender myself to being a COMMUNIST, WHALE-PETTIN', TREE-HUGGIN' AETHEIST, first!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
These

Jags- I care how my team does.

Tacks- I'm not into the sister/cousin lovin thingyy
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #15
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't trade places with any team. If I wanted to root for another team, I'd root for another team.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #16
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Desperate times at Texans Talk.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #17
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

here are mine.

Bengals.
Browns.
Vikings.
buccaneers
cardinals
seahawks

borderline but no
panthers
chiefs

sad to say it, but i'd only go with the browns (assuming you only mean post-expansion browns), jags, and probably bengals if only because of their owner.

think of it this way, if you asked these fanbases if they would change places with the texans, who wouldn't start laughing? **** man, half those teams have been to a super bowl in the last ten years!
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post

think of it this way, if you asked these fanbases if they would change places with the texans, who wouldn't start laughing? **** man, half those teams have been to a super bowl in the last ten years!
Doubt it. Besides (and yes, I know, different sports), the Marlins have won 2 World Series since the Braves last won one, but that doesnt mean they wouldn't switch with the Braves in an instant.

I'm not comparing us to the Braves (as I'm sure the people here will try to twist) but the point is that just because a team finds random success doesn't mean they're a particularly well-run or stable organization NOW. Are the Texans? No. But the Texans have an INFINITELY brighter future than the Seahawks, Cardinals, Vikings, etc.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #19
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Some of us here are frustrated because we know the Texans are a decent head coach away from being a top team. Kubiak coaches like a goober.
^^

Some of you are crazy! A coach and some change away from being a very strong contender and you want to switch places with some teams who are on their way down? Crazy talk.

Last edited by Bulluck53; 10-19-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #20
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
^^

Some of you are crazy! A coach and some change away from being a very strong contender and you want to switch places some teams who are on their way down? Crazy talk.
Being a Texans fan does strange things to the psyche.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read