Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2011   #41
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shaub gets MRI on Hip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
No, No and NO. There is a reason why he is a backup QB, and a reason why no other team really wanted him in the offseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
The Ravens made a point to try and get Leach involved early (obviously to put it to his old team) and it failed miserably.

Rice was held to under 3.0YPC until the 4th quarter at which point the Ravens started running one back sets.

You think the Texans missed Leach when Foster put 155 on the Steelers? Or does Leach have healing powers?

The Texans don't miss Leach. They miss Andre.
I see your point, but the Texans DID miss Leach against the Raens yesterday, if only on the 4th and 1 that failed miserably.
Old 10-17-2011   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Body language?
Yeah I don't like his body language. Yes, it has a lot to do with the hits. Regardless, it still equates to projecting weakness in a physical sport that takes advantage of weakness. David Carr would pop back up, throw some praise and would be amazingly fresh as a daisy despite throwing himself into sack after sack. He was the energizer bunny of self-sacking quarterbacks, but certainly that amazing durability didn't make him a good qb. It was however, an important trait for a QB and one reason he stuck in the league so long...that and his shiny locks of course. Schaub looks like Charlie Brown after he gets hit. He doesn't look like a guy who is going to hold up much longer to me. He seems to be playing a bit gimpy and his MRI today tells us he is in pain...they just don't know if its just regular pain, pain, or something broken or strained pain. Regardless, I'm not anti-Schaub and I'm not one of the guys who are destroying his game right now even though we only had 76 yards in his final five drives...I just don't like his body language right now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Now Steph you know the "Code of the NFL". No head coach gets into specifics about any player's injury unless said player is obviously out for the season (see Mario) or was knocked out of a game and could not return. And even in the latter case, they're as vague as the press allows them to be. The best we'll get is when they have to declare the health status (probable, questionable, etc.) going into the weekend.

Speaking of health issues, I have an uneasy suspiction that some of the O-line guys aren't 100% either. I know for a fact I saw Duane Brown seriously hobbling yesterday. Haven't heard a word about him either.
I never heard how Briesel's ankle was either.
Old 10-17-2011   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
The Texans don't miss Leach. They miss Andre.
I bet OD & Matt misses James Casey.
Old 10-17-2011   #45
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Well, can he actually hit those RB's or is he just going to throw at their feet like Schaub does half the time?

A quick run around highlight videos for Leinart shows me a guy who doesn't appear to have that much worse an arm than Schaub. Matt's not making good decisions and hasn't been for a while. Maybe it's time he sat down, got healthy, and got his head straight. Even Warren Moon got benched for Cody Carlson when his game was kind of all over the place.

We throw a bunch of stuff to TE's and RB's anyway. Our one healthy deep threat only catches the ball every third Sunday and when AJ gets back it isn't like he's going to miss being hit in stride all the time. He's been coming back for balls since he entered the league.
schaub is good enough, considering what is available out there he is the best option. only one brady and one peyton. might be a good idea to try n groom a guy for the future but schaub can get us there. As for people coming back for passes normally happens when throwing on the run which is to be expected.
Old 10-17-2011   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Not trying to steal your thunder, I think everybody pretty well respects your medical opinion by now....but from what I saw he was doing a yoga pose aimed at opening the hip joint and stretching it out. You take a knee, roll your front hip out so your front knee touches the ground, then you stretch and lean forward. Believe me, it's NOT a back stretch. It very well could be any of the problems you've said but I think that was to address his gimpy walk, maybe a thigh bruise or hip joint problem. Either way it sucks to have him nearing an injured status too!
TK, I'm always open to observations. What I remember was that he was on his knees, but not with one in front of his other (or crossing over) and his body was bending down at the waist straight down to the ground. As I'm sure you know, direct hits to the hip area again can do a number on the back as well as the hip. Injury to the back or the hip will cause hip and buttocks muscles to go into spasm, and if YOUR observations are truer to form, it would still be a very appropriate maneuver. I have a feeling the Texans would go with a hip bruise for public consumption before they would reveal a disc injury.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #47
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45032 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he's not hurt and misses time --
yet another reason for Boobiak to claim he deserves another year

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2011   #48
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I never heard how Briesel's ankle was either.
He is out for the season with a Lisfranc injury. The Lisfranc injury is a fracture and/or dislocation of the midfoot region. In a 300 pound lineman, it can be career ending.

Edit: Sorry, that was Barber's injury..not Briesel's. In a light player, this still could be a career altering injury.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 10-17-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2011   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Body language?

Just the Ngata helmet hit to the chest would end most of us. Much less all the hits he has taken the last couple of weeks.

They need to figure out this running game thing pronto.

We are likely going to get no honest discussions of Schaub's health. /signed this old article
If you go back and watch that play .... Schaub basically ran into Ngata to avoid pressure from the edge.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #50
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If you go back and watch that play .... Schaub basically ran into Ngata to avoid pressure from the edge.
Well yeah. I can tell you what my body language would be after that collision.

6 feet under. It's a wonder he didn't break something.

The body language game is a hard one. On one hand, you don't want to show you are hurt. On the other hand, like the JJ Watt shoved into Big Ben hit that resulted in a penalty, sometimes a QB has to show that a hit hurt to maybe draw a flag. That's just how things work.

Schaub got $50,000 worth of fines from Jared Allen with no flag because he was able to complete passes without crumpling after the hit.
Old 10-17-2011   #51
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He is out for the season with a Lisfranc injury. The Lisfranc injury is a fracture and/or dislocation of the midfoot region. In a 300 pound lineman, it can be career ending.

Edit: Sorry, that was Barber's injury..not Briesel's. In a light player, this still could be a career altering injury.
i was about to say, damn and the dude came back out to play.......
Old 10-17-2011   #52
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The body language game is a hard one. On one hand, you don't want to show you are hurt. On the other hand, like the JJ Watt shoved into Big Ben hit that resulted in a penalty, sometimes a QB has to show that a hit hurt to maybe draw a flag. That's just how things work.

Schaub got $50,000 worth of fines from Jared Allen with no flag because he was able to complete passes without crumpling after the hit.
I thought it was a good no call because Schaub initiated the contactwith Ngata .... He just happened to be in the way of where Schaub wanted to go.
Didnt seem like much of a hit at all. Hell , Schaub kinda jumped and was able to throw the ball over the top of the guy ..... The "Other two Ravens" in on the play hit Schaub with more force.

From your friends at the Chron ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #53
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I see your point, but the Texans DID miss Leach against the Raens yesterday, if only on the 4th and 1 that failed miserably.
u can't really say that foster was facemasked leach or no leach if the refs fail to make a fm call then ur not gonna get that one
Old 10-17-2011   #54
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

wooo you scared me on that one, the oline can't have anymore injurys.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #55
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
wooo you scared me on that one, the oline can't have anymore injurys.
Scared me too after I read it!!!!!LOL!
Old 10-18-2011   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm admittedly nitpicking Schaub, but he doesn't project leadership when the going gets tough. I'm not questioning his toughness either. He's plenty tough. You give an example of Roethlisberger hamming it up, but he has great body language if you ask me...he's the kind of guy players rally around in the 4th quarter when the going gets tough. Schaub? He's Gifford Neilson...'ol milkshake breath...a good player, but not too compelling.

Old 10-18-2011   #57
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TK, I'm always open to observations. What I remember was that he was on his knees, but not with one in front of his other (or crossing over) and his body was bending down at the waist straight down to the ground. As I'm sure you know, direct hits to the hip area again can do a number on the back as well as the hip. Injury to the back or the hip will cause hip and buttocks muscles to go into spasm, and if YOUR observations are truer to form, it would still be a very appropriate maneuver. I have a feeling the Texans would go with a hip bruise for public consumption before they would reveal a disc injury.
Definitely, the Texans try to make any injury that's not season-ending sound minor. It was only a quick shot and I only saw it once so I could be mistaken but I remember saying he was doing yoga on the sidelines. The way you describe with both knees forward is also a yoga pose but with both knees forward the length is through the lower back and butt, not so much the hip like the lunge/crossover one I described. I'd certainly be interested to know exactly which one he was doing because despite the similar position they are two totally different stretches.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #58
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Not my picture or the best picture but...

J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R View Post
Not my picture or the best picture but...

Schaub's carpet isn't facing mecca

Old 10-18-2011   #60
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Schaub's carpet isn't facing mecca
Think about it. The Texans bench is on the West side of Reliant so Matt al-Schaub would be facing East. If you were to flatten a globe Mecca would be due East from Houston. He's got it right. Give him some credit.
Craig. is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read