Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2011   #21
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
What QB has Kubiak coached that tore up the league and won a bunch of games other than John Elway? Heck, the Broncos only won ONE playoff game after Elway retired.
Exactly. None.
Old 10-17-2011   #22
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shaub gets MRI on Hip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
One of the most common causes of hip pain are herniated disc back problems, referring pain to the hip and buttocks areas. During the game, I commented that he seemed to have incurred a back injury in that he was in a kneeling bent forward position, an exercise used to try to stretch the back. I'd be surprised if that "hip MRI" does not also focus it's attention to the lumbar/sacral vertebral areas. The way Schaub was hit on so many plays so that his body folded somewhat sideways, you've got to think of a possible disc injury.
Not trying to steal your thunder, I think everybody pretty well respects your medical opinion by now....but from what I saw he was doing a yoga pose aimed at opening the hip joint and stretching it out. You take a knee, roll your front hip out so your front knee touches the ground, then you stretch and lean forward. Believe me, it's NOT a back stretch. It very well could be any of the problems you've said but I think that was to address his gimpy walk, maybe a thigh bruise or hip joint problem. Either way it sucks to have him nearing an injured status too!

Quote:
Schaub's body language was awful yesterday. I think "gimpy" is an understatement when watching him move. A few hard knocks in Nashville and I'm not sure if he can last the season.
Yeah. I mean it's football. I've never been repeatedly tackled by the Ravens defense but I damn sure wouldn't put that act on. Everyone knows your hurt buddy, you don't have to ham it up. Stretching on the sidelines is one thing but like if you're gonna act, ACT like it DOESN'T hurt. On the field especially, you're just letting them know they're getting to you.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What QB has Kubiak coached that tore up the league and won a bunch of games other than John Elway? Heck, the Broncos only won ONE playoff game after Elway retired.
Steve Young.
Old 10-17-2011   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Jake Plummer raised his QB rating 20-30 points the years he worked under Kubiak. Brian Griese actually went to a Pro Bowl. I think the hope when Kubiak was brought here was if he could do that with those bums, imagine what he could do with a good QB. So IF you thought that, then what's your conclusion now? I just think Kubiak's system is going to make any basically competent QB look good, but it's not going to turn Jake Plummer into John Elway. And it's not going to turn Matt Schaub into anything better than what you see right now. And for those wanting to see Matt Leinart, the system is not going to turn him into even Matt Schaub.

At the end of the day, the NFL has turned pro football into a game of quarterbacks. It's still more a team sport than any other, but the QB has never been more important today. If you have a good QB, you'll win Super Bowls. If you have a bad QB, you'll have a chance to draft a good one. If you have a decent QB, you're stuck with him, because no one wants to give up on him, you're always on the verge of winning so you're drafting other players, and in our case, the coach's job is tied into the decision.
Old 10-17-2011   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Jake Plummer raised his QB rating 20-30 points the years he worked under Kubiak. Brian Griese actually went to a Pro Bowl. I think the hope when Kubiak was brought here was if he could do that with those bums, imagine what he could do with a good QB. So IF you thought that, then what's your conclusion now? I just think Kubiak's system is going to make any basically competent QB look good, but it's not going to turn Jake Plummer into John Elway. And it's not going to turn Matt Schaub into anything better than what you see right now. And for those wanting to see Matt Leinart, the system is not going to turn him into even Matt Schaub.

At the end of the day, the NFL has turned pro football into a game of quarterbacks. It's still more a team sport than any other, but the QB has never been more important today. If you have a good QB, you'll win Super Bowls. If you have a bad QB, you'll have a chance to draft a good one. If you have a decent QB, you're stuck with him, because no one wants to give up on him, you're always on the verge of winning so you're drafting other players, and in our case, the coach's job is tied into the decision.
In 8 seasons with Griese and Plummer, the Broncos won 1 more playoff game than the Texans have the last 8 seasons. Good offenses that could not finish...sound familiar?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In 8 seasons with Griese and Plummer, the Broncos won 1 more playoff game than the Texans have the last 8 seasons. Good offenses that could not finish...sound familiar?
That's pretty much what I was trying to say. We were all blinded by the flash of what he did with Plummer and to a lesser extent, Griese. The Broncos went 13-3 with Plummer, won a playoff game, and lost in the AFC Championship. As much as I think that's the absolute ceiling (really pretty imaginary), I'd take it right now. But my overriding point was that Kubiak's offensive system puts QBs in position to look good and m,ask their deficiencies, but at some point, the real QB will always shine through. This is as good as Schaub can be, the offense can't finish, and we're stuck with it.
Old 10-17-2011   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's pretty much what I was trying to say. We were all blinded by the flash of what he did with Plummer and to a lesser extent, Griese. The Broncos went 13-3 with Plummer, won a playoff game, and lost in the AFC Championship. As much as I think that's the absolute ceiling (really pretty imaginary), I'd take it right now. But my overriding point was that Kubiak's offensive system puts QBs in position to look good and m,ask their deficiencies, but at some point, the real QB will always shine through. This is as good as Schaub can be, the offense can't finish, and we're stuck with it.
ok....I agree that he has a system that racks up QB numbers. I don't think Schaub is as good as Plummer was with less talent at WR. Just watching Schaub makes me think he is regressing this season though. I'm a little worried about him going fwd.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2011   #28
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

The game yesterday made me regret ever backing Matt. He was ok, but I don't want a QB that quits on plays SO easy. One time the guy was like 23 yards away and blocked and he just flopped and then limped of the field. He really didn't take any bad hits and looked like he had been beat with a bat. Was just a pathetic display. Good QBs keep their eyesdown field even when theey are wrapped up. Brees, Brady, Manning, even Flaco kept looking when they were wrapped up. Schaub looks like he wants nothing more than to lay on the ground. I'm just done. If he is hurt, he is obviously too hurt to play.
Old 10-17-2011   #29
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
The game yesterday made me regret ever backing Matt. He was ok, but I don't want a QB that quits on plays SO easy.
Once he starts to move left or right from the pocket (not a designed rollout), he's done. I just wait for him to throw it out of bounds. With AJ in the game, there's a chance someone will come open, but without AJ, it's a throwaway or sack.
Old 10-17-2011   #30
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

At the bar yesterday I heard several tables agreeing with each other that Schaub just looked plain defeated in the 4th quarter. His shoulders were slumped and his head was down, and sure enough he played like he was defeated also.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes will live or die with schaub the only way matty L sees the field if Schaub is on his Injured like major injury
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #32
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
The game yesterday made me regret ever backing Matt. He was ok, but I don't want a QB that quits on plays SO easy. One time the guy was like 23 yards away and blocked and he just flopped and then limped of the field. He really didn't take any bad hits and looked like he had been beat with a bat. Was just a pathetic display. Good QBs keep their eyesdown field even when theey are wrapped up. Brees, Brady, Manning, even Flaco kept looking when they were wrapped up. Schaub looks like he wants nothing more than to lay on the ground. I'm just done. If he is hurt, he is obviously too hurt to play.
I'm curious about playing Matt 2 as well. Simply because in preseason the one thing he did do was stand tall in the pocket and deliver the ball despite pressure.

I haev no problem with Matt taking sacks...but when your offense NEEDS to score you have to man up and not concede defeat so easily.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #33
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Kubes will live or die with schaub the only way matty L sees the field if Schaub is on his Injured like major injury
Wow.
Old 10-17-2011   #34
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
yeah, i notice too that all the VY fan boys are in hiding after their guy nearly blew the game for the eagles in just 2 damn plays.

1st play...hand off to McCoy for a couple of yards.

2nd play....interception.

absolutely terrible pass, couldn't imagine what he saw to make him throw that ball. dude was no where near open.
Wait, what??
You mean VY fanboys still exist?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #35
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Body language?

Just the Ngata helmet hit to the chest would end most of us. Much less all the hits he has taken the last couple of weeks.

They need to figure out this running game thing pronto.

We are likely going to get no honest discussions of Schaub's health. /signed this old article
Old 10-17-2011   #36
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Body language?

Just the Ngata helmet hit to the chest would end most of us. Much less all the hits he has taken the last couple of weeks.

We are likely going to get no honest discussions of Schaub's health. /signed this old article
Should have resinged Leach.

Singed

All of the Texans.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #37
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt a single member of this team would singe off on that
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #38
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I doubt a single member of this team would singe off on that
You don't think they miss Leach? Really? You must be Rick Smith.

Just ask any number of Linebackers that Leach put a hurt on yesterday.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #39
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
You don't think they miss Leach? Really? You must be Rick Smith.

Just ask any number of Linebackers that Leach put a hurt on yesterday.
The Ravens made a point to try and get Leach involved early (obviously to put it to his old team) and it failed miserably.

Rice was held to under 3.0YPC until the 4th quarter at which point the Ravens started running one back sets.

You think the Texans missed Leach when Foster put 155 on the Steelers? Or does Leach have healing powers?

The Texans don't miss Leach. They miss Andre.
Old 10-17-2011   #40
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Body language?

Now Steph you know the "Code of the NFL". No head coach gets into specifics about any player's injury unless said player is obviously out for the season (see Mario) or was knocked out of a game and could not return. And even in the latter case, they're as vague as the press allows them to be. The best we'll get is when they have to declare the health status (probable, questionable, etc.) going into the weekend.

Speaking of health issues, I have an uneasy suspiction that some of the O-line guys aren't 100% either. I know for a fact I saw Duane Brown seriously hobbling yesterday. Haven't heard a word about him either.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read