Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2005   #1
markloehr05

Default I'm so confused...

this is ridiculous... honestly do the texans enjoy losing... dont get me wrong i love the texans but picking up this guy instead of picking up DJ is ridiculous.... i mean does losing for so long mean that it becomes a trend and they dont wanna win... i think CC should be fired solely on his decision to not draft the best defensive player at LB in the entire draft.... he could possibly be the best defensive player in the entire draft period... he is going to come out and make a huge impact for the Chiefs, and CC is going to feel like a complete moron... CC should be fired... PERIOD END OF STORY
Old 04-25-2005   #2
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
I'm so confused...
I think you said it best right there.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #3
barzilla
Veteran

I was surprised to see them go away from DJ and Barron, but figure they know what they're doing. This DL has been anemic for years. I'm not sure if anyone should get cut in favor of Johnson, but they needed more help in the rotation. If the rookie develops you can go ahead and jettison Walker after the season and take a lesser cap hit than cutting him now.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #4
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markloehr05
this is ridiculous... honestly do the texans enjoy losing... dont get me wrong i love the texans but picking up this guy instead of picking up DJ is ridiculous.... i mean does losing for so long mean that it becomes a trend and they dont wanna win... i think CC should be fired solely on his decision to not draft the best defensive player at LB in the entire draft.... he could possibly be the best defensive player in the entire draft period... he is going to come out and make a huge impact for the Chiefs, and CC is going to feel like a complete moron... CC should be fired... PERIOD END OF STORY
Kind of an interesting way to show your "love" for the Texans.
Maybe next year you can let C.C. and company use yor extensive network of scouts, football people, game film, your 20+ years in the NFL or maybe even just let them use your magic crystal ball....
ooh wait a minute Cass is the one with the scouts, the game film and the 20+ years in this league.
I guess that leaves you with just that magic crystal ball you used to look into K.C./D.J's future with.
Let me guess you complained about the Dunta Robinson pick last year to right? Your obviously a Long horn fan who's so upset at not getting your guy that your willing to take a stab at anyone who's not your guy or did'nt draft your guy.
Our defensive line was our weakest link on the defensive side of the ball. We brought in new CB's and LB's over the last couple of years but did not bring in D-Line help. Well we did that this year addressing our most prominent need on that side of the ball by bringing in the top interior linemen of the draft. With Walker and Payne slowing down a little this is the most logical pick out there for us not to mention the 3rd rounder he aquired for us that can be used as extra ammo to deal up in the draft next year for a "big time" prospect on the O-Line because next years draft is deep with O-line.....But I guess you've already seen that in your little ball too...

Let's stop this stupid fire C.C. talk right now, I mean let's take a look at what he's done in the 1st round for us so far.
David Carr- One of the best if not the best young QB in the league.
Andre Johnson-The best younr reciever in the league bar none. Already one of the best in the league young or not.
Dunta Robinson- Many people's choice for DROY last year (name a better young CB)
Jason Babin- Came on at the end of last year, could be the pass rusher on the outside we need.(jurys still out)

Well maybe we should fire C.C. because we sure would'nt want anymore Carr's, Johnson's or Robinson's on this team.

Last edited by canadiantexan; 04-25-2005 at 02:22 PM.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
Maybe next year you can let C.C. and company use yor extensive network of scouts, football people, game film, your 20+ years in the NFL or maybe even just let them use your magic crystal ball....
ooh wait a minute Cass is the one with the scouts, the game film and the 20+ years in this league.
I guess that leaves you with just that magic crystal ball you used to look into K.C./D.J's future with.
Let me guess you complained about the Dunta Robinson pick last year to right? Your obviously a Long horn fan who's so upset at not getting your guy that your willing to take a stab at anyone who's not your guy or did'nt draft your guy.
Our defensive line was our weakest link on the defensive side of the ball. We brought in new CB's and LB's over the last couple of years but did not bring in D-Line help. Well we did that this year addressing our most prominent need on that side of the ball by bringing in the top interior linemen of the draft. With Walker and Payne slowing down a little this is the most logical pick out there for us not to mention the 3rd rounder he aquired for us that can be used as extra ammo to deal up in the draft next year for a "big time" prospect on the O-Line because next years draft is deep with O-line.....But I guess you've already seen in your little ball to...

Let's stop this stupid fire C.C. talk right now, I mean let's take a look at what he's done in the 1st round for us so far.
Andre Johnson-The best younr reciever in the league bar none. Already one of the best in the league young or not.
Dunta Robinson- Many people's choice for DROY last year (name a better young CB)
Jason Babin- Came on at the end of last year, could be the pass rusher on the outside we need.(jurys still out)

Well maybe we should fire C.C. because we sure would'nt want anymore Carr's, Johnson's or Robinson's on this team.
the Mestizo in me says, palabra, the caucasian in me says, word and the Texans fan in me says Hell Yea! My senitments exactly
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quick question for you. Have we improved EVERY season under this regime so far? Yes or No?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #7
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

im confused why the texans in the 7th round would take a LB that will be on the prac. squad, when brandon browner and ernest shazor were still out there
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #8
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
i think CC should be fired solely on his decision to not draft the best defensive player at LB in the entire draft
I agree he should have drafted Thomas Davis. Oh wait, you thought DJ was the top rated linebacker? No one drafted him prior to the Texans, the Saints had Thomas Davis rated higher than DJ at linebacker, and the Chiefs tried to trade back once Davis was gobbled up by Carolina.

from espn.com

Quote:
The Chiefs wanted Thomas Davis here and actually tried to trade out of this pick when the Panthers took Davis. But they instead ended Johnsons' free-fall.
Quote:
Saints | Linebacker on Draft Wish List - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:19:46 -0700

Jeff Duncan, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports there have been strong indications the New Orleans Saints are targeting a linebacker with their No. 16 overall pick in the first round of the NFL Draft. The top rated linebacker prospect on the club's draft board is Georgia S/LB Thomas Davis, who is projected as a weak-side linebacker.
Old 04-25-2005   #9
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
Quick question for you. Have we improved EVERY season under this regime so far? Yes or No?
Yes we have. Firing C.C. now would be stupid. No G.M has done more positive things for his team in the 1st round of the draft in the last three years than Cass.
Old 04-25-2005   #10
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
im confused why the texans in the 7th round would take a LB that will be on the prac. squad, when brandon browner and ernest shazor were still out there
Cass said Shazor was not a good fit( I think because of his speed) there was something about it on the "Cass on 610" post
Old 04-25-2005   #11
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our defensive line was our weakest link on the defensive side of the ball. We brought in new CB's and LB's over the last couple of years but did not bring in D-Line help. Well we did that this year addressing our most prominent need on that side of the ball by bringing in the top interior linemen of the draft. With Walker and Payne slowing down a little this is the most logical pick out there for us not to mention the 3rd rounder he aquired for us that can be used as extra ammo to deal up in the draft next year for a "big time" prospect on the O-Line because next years draft is deep with O-line.....But I guess you've already seen in your little ball to...

you read my mind
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #12
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
you read my mind
Thank you I wish more of the Texans true supporters would post what is on their minds instead of the haters trying to spread propaganda and just bad mouthing people.
Go Texans some of us our with you no matter what
Old 04-25-2005   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

CC is a bad GM. I'd much rather have Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, and William Green as our four 1st round picks.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #14
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
CC is a bad GM. I'd much rather have Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, and William Green as our four 1st round picks.
LOL that's a great.

GO BROWNS GO
Old 04-25-2005   #15
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:

OWNED
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #16
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
OWNED
what do you mean by OWNED?
Old 04-25-2005   #17
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
what do you mean by OWNED?
you made him an object of your possession...
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #18
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
you made him an object of your possession...
Thats what I thought just making sure. American slang can differ from Canadian.
Thanks
Old 04-25-2005   #19
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
You know who drafted Couch don't you? Palmer.

Casserly has made a few bad picks in his day, but he hasn't had a Heath Shuler yet with the Texans.
Old 04-25-2005   #20
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Thats what I thought just making sure. American slang can differ from Canadian.
Thanks
Good point. Next time say "OWNED eh" or if you're talking to a Texan "Ya'll OWNED him"
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read