Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #1
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans and Refs

I was just wondering if I am the only one who seems to think this way.
Are the Texans playing agiste the opposing team and the refs every week?

The reason i say this is that we seem to get some really shady calls or no calls every week. This week was

1: the incomplete but complete pass. The Ravens receiver did not catch that long past th e ball clearly bounces as he goes down(yes i was screaming for a challenge also but that s another topic) looking at the reaplay ther Ref was less than 4 yards away looking right at it.

2:The non call on the 4th and 1 facemask against Foster that would have placed us at the 5 yard line.

3:The his foot didnt hit the ground call. That one pisses me off for more than one reason first his foot hit the ground. second that challenge wasnt for the catch it was for yardage. ( im not sure of the rule on challenging so i that one i will let go kinda)

4:Oh and I missed one!!! The not called intentional grounding against Flacco early in the game ie was getting sacked and he just flung it out from his body, went no where near the line of scrimmage he was not out of the pocket and there were no potential receivers anywhere near him! this was the most blatent intentional grounding i have ever seen and it was not called.

There are lots of others that i remember like phantom defensless receiver calls, No calls on Hits to Schaubs knees, Blatent holding calls that dont get called against the OLmen against Mario, I dont remember specific games but i can remember going WTF weekly on Refs calling against us and not calling against our opponent. I was not on a conspiracy train before but after today .....its just way to damn often for my taste.

Just my thoughts

Last edited by Oz Texan; 10-16-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: MISSED ONE! and clarity
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans and Refs

What is the motive? Why are the league and its officials conspiring against the Texans?

I don't believe a conspiracy exists. Fans of every team could find plays like that just as Texans fans do.
Old 10-16-2011   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to contribute too much to what I view as a sour grapes thread (no offense) but can someone explain to me why Flacco was not flagged for intentional grounding on their first drive? He was dead to rights and threw the ball to no one in particular and there wasn't even a hint of a flag. He didn't even throw it like a normal pass, he just shoveled it out of his hands. Did they view it as some kind of tuck rule incident?

Having said that I doubt all the right calls in the worlds would have made that game much more pleasant from our standpoint.
Old 10-16-2011   #4
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I don't want to contribute too much to what I view as a sour grapes thread (no offense) but can someone explain to me why Flacco was not flagged for intentional grounding on their first drive? He was dead to rights and threw the ball to no one in particular and there wasn't even a hint of a flag. He didn't even throw it like a normal pass, he just shoveled it out of his hands. Did they view it as some kind of tuck rule incident?

Having said that I doubt all the right calls in the worlds would have made that game much more pleasant from our standpoint.
That was a blatant intentional grounding. The tuck rule wouldn't apply because if I remember correctly he flung the ball like a pitch. I couldn't believe they didn't call that and that the refs didn't even huddle up to discuss it. Its outrageous calls like that that give people the feeling (myself included at times) that the league is out to screw us. It was like last week's Raiders games, there was at least 2 times I remember where a Raider DB would literally tackle one of our receivers while the ball is in the air. If thats not pass interference isn't there such a thing as no contact beyond 5 yards? I guess tackling a receiver isn't the normal little hand contact they usually call but COME ON! It makes me even more mad every time a ref throws a flag on a pass interference call, then one ref calls a huddle or the opposing coach starts barking for them to change the call and their discussion always ends up with them picking up the flag. WHY DID YOU THROW THE FLAG TO BEGIN WITH?!
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #5
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
What is the motive? Why are the league and its officials conspiring against the Texans?

I don't believe a conspiracy exists. Fans of every team could find plays like that just as Texans fans do.
I understand where you are coming from, it just seems to go against us or not for us alot more than other teams.
Old 10-16-2011   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to be clear up front, I'm not passing any judgment on anyone in this thread, but after examining a wide variety of conspiracy theories across a broad spectrum of subjects over the course of many years I've come to the conclusion that conspiracy theories are the domain of losers who can't face reality.

Having said that, I don't think it's crazy to expect that some teams get reputations as poorly disciplined or dirty and thus get those kinds of calls more often than other teams.

Referees are both fallible and are also prone to falling victim to a whole host of preconceptions.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

OP, I agree with you. Kubes and company routinely send complaints to the league regarding bad calls or no calls. The zebras are taking it out on the texans.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2011   #8
Oz Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Just to be clear up front, I'm not passing any judgment on anyone in this thread, but after examining a wide variety of conspiracy theories across a broad spectrum of subjects over the course of many years I've come to the conclusion that conspiracy theories are the domain of losers who can't face reality.

Having said that, I don't think it's crazy to expect that some teams get reputations as poorly disciplined or dirty and thus get those kinds of calls more often than other teams.

Referees are fallible and prone to falling victim to a whole host of preconceptions.
Well said but just look at the calls specifically today, they were not called correctly and were all blatent when looked at. the Foster non call is the only one I can say that could have been missed. cause i didnt even see it till the showed the replay from adifferent angle. And theres no need for name calling.

Also when did we get the thre rep for being poorly disciplined or dirty?
Old 10-16-2011   #9
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

AND last week if u watch On the TD pass by Campbell he ran a good yard and a half past the line of scrimmage then threw the ball for a TD. I have not seen that mentioned anywhere but i watched it over and over and he was clearly past the line of scrimmage when he threw the TD pass.

Anyone remember that ?
Old 10-16-2011   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
AND last week if u watch On the TD pass by Campbell he ran a good yard and a half past the line of scrimmage then threw the ball for a TD. I have not seen that mentioned anywhere but i watched it over and over and he was clearly past the line of scrimmage when he threw the TD pass.

Anyone remember that ?
I remember the play and watched a replay several times and will have to respectfully disagree. I thought he threw the ball a step before he crossed the line of scrimmage.
Old 10-16-2011   #11
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly felt like after Al Davis's death, the NFL really wanted a feel good Raiders win
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
I remember the play and watched a replay several times and will have to respectfully disagree. I thought he threw the ball a step before he crossed the line of scrimmage.
I rewatched it too. He was behind the LOS when he released the ball.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #13
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i just watched it again and he was on his fron foot a good yard in front of the line of scrimmage.
Old 10-16-2011   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i just watched it again and he was on his fron foot a good yard in front of the line of scrimmage.
Don't try to defend the indefensible. If you look at where the ball was snapped and where he released the ball, he was clearly behind the line of scrimmage.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post
Also when did we get the thre rep for being poorly disciplined or dirty?
Those were just generalities applicable to various teams in the past.

The Shula-led Dolphins of the seventies, for instance, had such a reputation for discipline and perfection that they would rarely get penalized. And not simply because they were actually that good but also because it was what was expected of them.
Old 10-16-2011   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I honestly felt like after Al Davis's death, the NFL really wanted a feel good Raiders win
So basically the feeling here is that the fix is in? The NFL isn't a fair competition, but some teams are marked for defeat before the games start? Is it just the Texans are are there other teams on the league's hit list?
Old 10-16-2011   #17
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

UMMMPH...IMA GO TO SICK CAL IN THE MORNIN....
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #18
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Well, you can't pin that on the refs considering the Raiders nearly doubled the Texans 6 penalties for 50 yards with 11 of their own for 89.

And the refs didn't exactly force Schaub to throw a pick on the final play when the Raiders had ten men on the field.
Old 10-16-2011   #19
Oz Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
So basically the feeling here is that the fix is in? The NFL isn't a fair competition, but some teams are marked for defeat before the games start? Is it just the Texans are are there other teams on the league's hit list?
While im not saying the fix is in, I'm just saying what I see. If you dont feel the same I'm all good with that.
Old 10-16-2011   #20
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans from Day 1 has been on the hit list...ever since the expansion draft pick of Tony Boselli, the refs have been against us....its sickening I know but yet it favors other teams and yet nobody really recognizes it cuz usually they are rooting for the "other" team...just sickening...but we are used to it cuz it happens year after year, but I'M NOT and IT NEEDS TO STOP
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read