Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #1
Borowicz50
Kingsville, TX

Rep Power: 0 Borowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reality Check to the Fans

I have read this forum for a good number of years & have said very little but today I feel it is important to get this off my chest:

1. PRIDE: Until the Texans find it & until the fans find it, this team will struggle. Each team takes on the persona of those who believe or do not believe in them, we as a fan base have let our team down. You don't like the coach...tuff; don't like the QB...tuff; these are the cards we are dealt stand behind them because if you don't then neither will the players. Stand up & be proud of your team & they will feel they have a reason to go that extra mile for you. When the Oilers were around the reason they tried so hard was because the whole city of Houston was behind them win-lose-draw.

2. TRUTH: If you take the #1 offensive & #1 defensive player off of any team in this league no matter how good the other players are or how good the coach is the team will struggle. News flash people our Texans are playing without our greatest offensive threat that enables the rest of our players to shine. Our best Defensive player who was playing great after moving to a new position is gone...take Aaron Rodgers & Clay Matthews, Peyton Manning & Gary Bracket (prime example), Drew Brees & Johnathan Vilma from their respective teams & they would struggle as well. Until we are healthy we are wounded & while it may build character it is difficult to realize that even though it is a team sport; great players make those around them better.

3. RESPECT: The Ravens game was a prime example - Arian Foster has his cage pulled on a 4th-1 play that was not called because he had the wrong uniform on, Jacoby Jones gets both feet down & after review it is called the other way because its easier to make a call for the home team than give the young pups a shot. Matt Schaub played well today... injured, without all his weapons, & in pain on the road. He was hit late & yet picked himself off the ground because he wants to be there for his team, coaches & the city he represents. Matt Schaub deserves our respect for what he is doing, when we called him out that he couldn't stay healthy he found a way to always be on the field for us. This team needs to take that heart that has been shown by players like Andre Johnson & Matt Schaub & dig down deep, not get pushed around by "bully" Ravens but when they hit you HIT THEM BACK which brings me to my final point.

4. IDENTITY: This is merely what you allow yourself to be & the Texans do not have one. We are not the defensive juggernaut of the Ravens or Steelers, we are not dirty like the Raiders of old nor are we the fineness of the Colts or the golden boys like the Patriots. What we can be is whatever as a team & a fan base we decide to be...if we continue to dog on this team or if they continue to feel sorry for themselves we will be failures as we have been in the past OR both as fans & the players & coaches as a team we can aspire to be something more by not caring what anyone else says & believing that the Houston Texans are great & we are dominant & as a fan base we are the fans who will always stand behind their team. THE TEAM IS A REFLECTION OF THE FANS & THE FANS ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE TEAM...WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER & YOU CAN EITHER CHOOSE TO ACCEPT THAT OR THERE IS THE DOOR!

I am a Texans fan, my son who is not born yet (due in Jan.) has a Toro plush in his crib waiting for him in a room painted Liberty White, Deep Steel Blue & Battle Red. I like many of you have been there for the bad years & believed & I will be here for the good years but no matter what I will believe in the ownership, my fellow fans, the team & the coaches because
I BELIEVE IN THE TEXANS!
Borowicz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reality Check to the Fans

Welcome to posting and I love that you're from Kingsville, my hometown. I hear ya brother, but these types of "games we shoulda won and had chances to win but lost" weeks are hard to take man. Hard. To. Take.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borowicz50 View Post
I have read this forum for a good number of years & have said very little but today I feel it is important to get this off my chest:

1. PRIDE: Until the Texans find it & until the fans find it, this team will struggle. Each team takes on the persona of those who believe or do not believe in them, we as a fan base have let our team down. You don't like the coach...tuff; don't like the QB...tuff; these are the cards we are dealt stand behind them because if you don't then neither will the players. Stand up & be proud of your team & they will feel they have a reason to go that extra mile for you. When the Oilers were around the reason they tried so hard was because the whole city of Houston was behind them win-lose-draw.

2. TRUTH: If you take the #1 offensive & #1 defensive player off of any team in this league no matter how good the other players are or how good the coach is the team will struggle. News flash people our Texans are playing without our greatest offensive threat that enables the rest of our players to shine. Our best Defensive player who was playing great after moving to a new position is gone...take Aaron Rodgers & Clay Matthews, Peyton Manning & Gary Bracket (prime example), Drew Brees & Johnathan Vilma from their respective teams & they would struggle as well. Until we are healthy we are wounded & while it may build character it is difficult to realize that even though it is a team sport; great players make those around them better.

3. RESPECT: The Ravens game was a prime example - Arian Foster has his cage pulled on a 4th-1 play that was not called because he had the wrong uniform on, Jacoby Jones gets both feet down & after review it is called the other way because its easier to make a call for the home team than give the young pups a shot. Matt Schaub played well today... injured, without all his weapons, & in pain on the road. He was hit late & yet picked himself off the ground because he wants to be there for his team, coaches & the city he represents. Matt Schaub deserves our respect for what he is doing, when we called him out that he couldn't stay healthy he found a way to always be on the field for us. This team needs to take that heart that has been shown by players like Andre Johnson & Matt Schaub & dig down deep, not get pushed around by "bully" Ravens but when they hit you HIT THEM BACK which brings me to my final point.

4. IDENTITY: This is merely what you allow yourself to be & the Texans do not have one. We are not the defensive juggernaut of the Ravens or Steelers, we are not dirty like the Raiders of old nor are we the fineness of the Colts or the golden boys like the Patriots. What we can be is whatever as a team & a fan base we decide to be...if we continue to dog on this team or if they continue to feel sorry for themselves we will be failures as we have been in the past OR both as fans & the players & coaches as a team we can aspire to be something more by not caring what anyone else says & believing that the Houston Texans are great & we are dominant & as a fan base we are the fans who will always stand behind their team. THE TEAM IS A REFLECTION OF THE FANS & THE FANS ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE TEAM...WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER & YOU CAN EITHER CHOOSE TO ACCEPT THAT OR THERE IS THE DOOR!

I am a Texans fan, my son who is not born yet (due in Jan.) has a Toro plush in his crib waiting for him in a room painted Liberty White, Deep Steel Blue & Battle Red. I like many of you have been there for the bad years & believed & I will be here for the good years but no matter what I will believe in the ownership, my fellow fans, the team & the coaches because
I BELIEVE IN THE TEXANS!
Meh. Kubiak is the only constant holding this team back. This team has winning talent, but
losing leadership from its head coach.
Old 10-16-2011   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I BELIEVE IN THE TEXANS!
Rah rah blah blah. Sorry, my enthusiasm has been dampened. But since you seem so upbeat, I'll let you talk me back into my Tigger mood. Tell me what you believe in, what they've done to make you believe, and what pattern recognition should lead me to believe as well.
Old 10-16-2011   #5
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean no disrespect, but I find that mentality fascinating.

It's likely I'm always going to be a Texans fan because I'm a Houstonian.

But BELIEVE in them? Again, with all due respect, that's just silly.

I respect the people who earn my respect.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

TRUTH: We have Gary Kubisucks as our coach.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the fan who says our team is a result of us fans.

As if there is some supernatural law at work, propelling a team to greatness ONLY if the fans are great to begin with.

Sir, this is what I call a "Rah-rah! Thread" whereby you paint fans as being either "bad" or "good," based only on if we act like ditzy cheerleaders who ask the crowd to go "Rah-rah!" will we ever be any good.

I mean, seriously...you have wasted Internet ink if you expect everybody here to approve of your every line of thinking. Good luck with that. Obviously, you haven't been here "lurking" enough to understand that serious fans don't like rah-rah! threads. But you plowed forward anyways. Congrats on your 2 posts.

I was gone all day, went to a friend's ranch and shot my M1, fished, and drove 4-wheelers with my wife and two daughters. Come home to find we lost by 15, which was the destined outcome anyways, and I have to read on here that you think our team is a reflection of US? No, it's not.

I should have been here at home, screaming at my TV so that our team would have been willed to a win today. I accept full responsibility for being so foolish as to not be a good fan by cheering for my team today. It's on me. :itsreallynotbutohwell:
Old 10-16-2011   #8
Borowicz50
Kingsville, TX

Rep Power: 0 Borowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respected

Each year 31 teams fall short of their goal, that's 31 owners, 31 head coaches, & a ton of players. 31 cities are let down & 31 teams can only wonder what could have been. We will get our shot but it has to start somewhere why not now 3-3 put up or shut up Kubiak knows it, Matt Schaub & Andre Johnson know it & Big Bob knows it. We all also know what will happen if this team doesn't succeed, 3-3 with 10 games to go with a shot to take the lead in the division next week. I like those chances.

Quote:
I mean no disrespect, but I find that mentality fascinating.

It's likely I'm always going to be a Texans fan because I'm a Houstonian.

But BELIEVE in them? Again, with all due respect, that's just silly.

I respect the people who earn my respect.
Believing in a team is not silly its what you do if its the NFL, college or high school.

I also respect many people in the Texans organization; obviously the players, the coaches for doing a hell of a job with what they are given & most of all Bob Mcnair for giving us a team we can follow & watch.

I understand you want to cheer a winner but every game somebody has to lose & while it may have been us a good number of times in 9 years we have the opportunity to make the playoffs & once your in the tournament who knows what can happen. Next week can be the catalyst we need to get going.
Old 10-16-2011   #9
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80234 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I love the fan who says our team is a result of us fans.

As if there is some supernatural law at work, propelling a team to greatness ONLY if the fans are great to begin with.

Sir, this is what I call a "Rah-rah! Thread" whereby you paint fans as being either "bad" or "good," based only on if we act like ditzy cheerleaders who ask the crowd to go "Rah-rah!" will we ever be any good.

I mean, seriously...you have wasted Internet ink if you expect everybody here to approve of your every line of thinking. Good luck with that. Obviously, you haven't been here "lurking" enough to understand that serious fans don't like rah-rah! threads. But you plowed forward anyways. Congrats on your 2 posts.

I was gone all day, went to a friend's ranch and shot my M1, fished, and drove 4-wheelers with my wife and two daughters. Come home to find we lost by 15, which was the destined outcome anyways, and I have to read on here that you think our team is a reflection of US? No, it's not.

I should have been here at home, screaming at my TV so that our team would have been willed to a win today. I accept full responsibility for being so foolish as to not be a good fan by cheering for my team today. It's on me. :itsreallynotbutohwell:
I think thats called, OWNED?
Old 10-16-2011   #10
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
... serious fans don't like rah-rah! threads.
LOL!
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #11
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread reminds me of Peter Pan.
Old 10-16-2011   #12
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Each year 31 teams fall short of their goal, that's 31 owners, 31 head coaches, & a ton of players. 31 cities are let down & 31 teams can only wonder what could have been. We will get our shot but it has to start somewhere why not now 3-3 put up or shut up Kubiak knows it, Matt Schaub & Andre Johnson know it & Big Bob knows it. We all also know what will happen if this team doesn't succeed, 3-3 with 10 games to go with a shot to take the lead in the division next week. I like those chances.

Believing in a team is not silly its what you do if its the NFL, college or high school.

I also respect many people in the Texans organization; obviously the players, the coaches for doing a hell of a job with what they are given & most of all Bob Mcnair for giving us a team we can follow & watch.

I understand you want to cheer a winner but every game somebody has to lose & while it may have been us a good number of times in 9 years we have the opportunity to make the playoffs & once your in the tournament who knows what can happen. Next week can be the catalyst we need to get going.
And 30 teams have fired their head coach or made the playoffs in the
last six years. Which team has neither fired its head coach nor
made the playoffs in the last six years?
Old 10-16-2011   #14
Borowicz50
Kingsville, TX

I'm just tired of reading people bitching about things all the time...if its a rah rah thread for you then don't read it. I'm not trying to make internet gold or anything just saying what I have to say so congrats on your fishing & hunting.
Old 10-16-2011   #15
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80234 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just tired of reading people bitching about things all the time...if its a rah rah thread for you then don't read it. I'm not trying to make internet gold or anything just saying what I have to say so congrats on your fishing & hunting.
Its a bad loss, come back after a win
Old 10-16-2011   #16
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Preach on brotha, but you should know up front, TT is doom & gloom central. I guarantee we could win the SB one day and this place will still be a cat fight! Don't let them put you off, support your team and have fun, I know I will
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, so now I am also to blame for having read your thread? Didn't you want "people like me" to see it anyways? Isn't that the epitome of trying to make Internet gold? Seems it is, IMO.

We should start calling these "Peter Pan" threads. If I just believe enough, I can fly. I have to reach my inner child and have an imagination again.

So THAT'S what's wrong. I was thinking we just sucked. Makes sense now.
Old 10-16-2011   #18
Borowicz50
Kingsville, TX

You don't have to do a damn thing...seriously get your panties out of a wad & just realize I wrote something that you didn't like...nuff said. There is no relevance of us arguing over it any further its dumb.
Old 10-16-2011   #19
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
This thread reminds me of Peter Pan.
Hilarious!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
You don't have to do a damn thing...seriously get your panties out of a wad & just realize I wrote something that you didn't like...nuff said. There is no relevance of us arguing over it any further its dumb.
I want to QUOTE you on something. If this is you, then raise your hand:

Quote:
THE TEAM IS A REFLECTION OF THE FANS & THE FANS ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE TEAM...WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER & YOU CAN EITHER CHOOSE TO ACCEPT THAT OR THERE IS THE DOOR!
How. In. The. Hell is anybody expected to hear you say that and be ecstatic to read that on here? Be as responsible in your posting on this board as you expect us Texans fans to be in how we cheer for our team. OK? You're being a bit hypocritical if anything, don't you think?

I vote that your position as Rah-Rah President be put to a vote. A good Rah-Rah President would not bash his fellow fans. He would not tell them to accept something or hit the door. He would encourage them and edify them, he would lift them upon his shoulders and carry them to the Promised Land.

You sir, are no JoeTexan. And I know JoeTexan. He fixed my wife a margarita at last week's game and treated me (someone he has had a lot of disagreements with) with courtesy and respect, and I did likewise.

Impeachment! Impeachment!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read