Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #1
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans and a 3-4 start?

I honestly believe Kubiak should be fired on the spot and have his name redacted from all Texans records if they lose in Nashville next week.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #2
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans and a 3-4 start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I honestly believe Kubiak should be fired on the spot and have his name redacted from all Texans records if they lose in Nashville next week.
I agree.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #3
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans and a 3-4 start?

There will be some kind of positive win here if we lose next week. You can take that to the bank. It was on the road. We still have them at home. Something.
Old 10-16-2011   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
There will be some kind of positive win here if we lose next week. You can take that to the bank. It was on the road. We still have them at home. Something.
LOL I don't doubt that. And I don't want to diminish folks who are capable of sustaining that kind of positivity in their outlooks.

My mother used to say, "Hope springs eternal."
Old 10-16-2011   #5
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Book it.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #6
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

"our best players were not on the field"

"they're a better team than a lot of people give them credit for. they beat the ravens"

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be thoroughly PO and caling eveyone out. But as Vinny says, I am a sunshine pumper. THis is Gary & Matts do or die year.
Old 10-16-2011   #8
mugrakers
Rookie

Rep Power: 137 mugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respected

If we lose... I want to lose in blowout fashion... so that we're finally done with hope with this regime.
mugrakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #9
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

No. If that happens, fire Kubiak, give it to Wade, and let Dennison/Knapp call the plays. That is all.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #10
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

We should sweep the division. Anything less than 6-0 is a failure.

Even without Andre and Mario we still have the best team in the division.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Not me.. But I refuse to act like an ass (again) or stop supporting my team. I'll wear my Texans gear with pride & I'll be anxiously sitting in my seat wearing battle red for Jax @ home.

However, I already posted that I expect McNair to fire Kubiak if we lose 3 in a row... he probably won't, but I can't control that.
Old 10-16-2011   #12
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
we should sweep the division. Anything less than 6-0 is a failure.

Even without andre and mario we still have the best team in the division.
iawtp
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 145116 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans and a 3-4 start?
Yes, there will be plenty. I can probably name 10 off the top of my head.

"We can still go 12-4!"

"What about the players?"

"You can't blow up a team that's this close."

"How can you win with your top 2 player injured?"

Forget the fact that they've lost with the same 2 players for 5 years previous. Until this team is eliminated from the playoffs, we'll have sunshine pumped into the forum. I'm rolling with it.
Old 10-16-2011   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

not no, but heeeeeeeeellllllll no!

BTHO TINBREDS!!!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #15
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

No way no how. I'm on the DOOM wagon if they lose this game at Tennesse.

Good teams don't go on losing streaks.

True it is one game but there are points in the season where momentum can be changed. If the Texans had won in Balty today I think it would have been such a lift to the confidence to win against a tough team on the road without Andre...losing this game would be the opposite of that.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #16
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Allegedly, if 'heads rolled' at the post-Raiders game, I can't wait to see what happens if the Texans lose to the Tacks.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Accept? No. I've been a member of the pink soap club for a couple years now. Expect? I don't expect it, but to be honest with you, it wouldn't shock me.

Shouldn't it shock me?
Old 10-16-2011   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

**** no I won't accept it.

But do we have any insiders in the Texans organization who are going to relay our dismay? If not, then we're just fans, and we'll "have to" accept it until they get their heads out of their asses and get a new crew in.

Losing to the Titans would be UNacceptable. ESPECIALLY if Andre's back. Quite frankly, I expect to beat their ass. Badly.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #19
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yes, there will be plenty. I can probably name 10 off the top of my head.

"We can still go 12-4!"

"What about the players?"

"You can't blow up a team that's this close."

"How can you win with your top 2 player injured?"

Forget the fact that they've lost with the same 2 players for 5 years previous. Until this team is eliminated from the playoffs, we'll have sunshine pumped into the forum. I'm rolling with it.
Yep. Gary's Sunshine Kids always find the bright side of the bull's anus.

If this was a poll, I'd be the overwhelming majority would say they would not accept a loss to the Titans next week. But come next week, those excuses (along with many others) will come rising to the surface.

But, but, but, just leave Gary alone!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011   #20
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not me.. But I refuse to act like an ass (again) or stop supporting my team. I'll where my Texans gear with pride & I'll be anxiously sitting in my seat wearing battle red for Jax @ home.

However, I already posted that I expect McNair to fire Kubiak if we lose 3 in a row... he probably won't, but I can't control that.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about "acting like an ass."

Is it acting like an ass to expect a better product?

What if the manager of a restaurant you went to kept serving you substandard food and his waiters consistently spilled warm beer in your lap every time they brought a round to your table?

Would you be acting like an ass to be hoping the owner of that restaurant woke up and fired that manager?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read