Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2011   #101
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets be ********** Honest.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The 49ers have the same players that choked their way out of a division title last
year. The new coach is able to keep those same players focused enough to beat
a 5-0 football team on the road on their way to a 5-1 start on the season.

Dropped balls, running wrong routes, and a myriad of other mental mistakes
point to lack of focus. That lies with coaching, and I'm continually reading
illogical posts clamoring for a team to be successful IN SPITE of its HEAD COACH.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, The evolution of the Texans wholly
depends on the EVOLUTION OF GARY KUBIAK as a HEAD COACH. We've seen
ZERO MOVEMENT in this regard in six seasons.
Last paragraph says it all. Gary lives in his little Bronco world. If not forced we would not have Wade we would have one of his other buddies. I think he is a good man but as a HC he is lacking and does not learn with more experience. Reminds me of Schaub in that area. Loyal to his players and his draft choices to a fault. This is HIS team and he will live and die with them. In the mean time the fans suffer. Would be gone by now if he wasn't such a good person.

This is the best chance we have had to make playoffs but I see us falling short again. I do not see kubiak changing. 1 win vs 20 losses on the road against winning teams says it all.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #102
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The teams that do win or have great offenses tend to have a player "Like" AJ .... maybe at a different position but someone who has to be accounted for and schemed to stop.

Take Calvin Johnson away from Detriot and they look a whole lot different.

Take Aaron Rodgers away from the GB offense .....

Or Peyton out of the Dolts lineup .... 0-fer.

The Vikings without AP.

Imagine Baltimore without Ray Rice .... who their entire offense is built around.
Your main cog should be the QB . Didn't the Lions go 0fer with Johnson and the Vikes stink with AP ?

The Patriots and Packers will not slump the way Brady and Rogers play unless they get hurt .
Old 10-19-2011   #103
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The teams that do win or have great offenses tend to have a player "Like" AJ .... maybe at a different position but someone who has to be accounted for and schemed to stop.

Take Calvin Johnson away from Detriot and they look a whole lot different. They spent a 2 on Titus Young...the Texans have minimal investment past the wr1.

Take Aaron Rodgers away from the GB offense ..... I bet they still win games vs good teams still. their all around team is just too good

Or Peyton out of the Dolts lineup .... 0-fer. Add Peyton now and they are a mediocre team. They have a ton of issues other than offense.

The Vikings without AP. He's a hell of a player, but they aren't winning with him right now anyway pards

Imagine Baltimore without Ray Rice .... who their entire offense is built around. This is the easiest one. When Rice was injured in the past the Ratbirds played well and still ran the ball well with McGahee.
my answers in bold. The injury excuse is just what it is...an excuse. Sure, AJ makes this team better, but if it is all on him or this team is no better than mediocre without him and cannot beat good teams ever...then this team just isn't a good team period.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #104
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
my answers in bold. The injury excuse is just what it is...an excuse. Sure, AJ makes this team better, but if it is all on him or this team is no better than mediocre without him and cannot beat good teams ever...then this team just isn't a good team period.
I whole heartedly agree with this...

All you have to do is look at the champs from last year. They stepped it up when they had to, and without some of their starters.

We need the d to stay on track, and more importantly, we need to find our running game. If Kubes wants to manage games, we need our OL, Arian, Ben, and Ward to step it up late in games.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #105
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its not all on him ..... But it is on him to be on the field. He could do nothing an entire game and he still changes the way teams play defense against the Texans.

Quote:
They spent a 2 on Titus Young...the Texans have minimal investment past the wr1.
Yep .... they did. But he's not going to dictate how teams defend them.

As for the Texans .... They have a pretty good #2 in Walter. Its the drop off after that that is hurting them now.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #106
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... Andre is a HUGE part of this offense, but then again so is Arian Foster, but then again so is the O-Line. The fact is that any team would struggle without an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson or Larry FP. That said, if Jacoby Jones could ever live up to his (nevermind ridiculous contract) potential, this offense wouldn't struggle nearly as much without AJ. Re-signing JJ was a mistake. What has he done over the last 4 or 5 years to suggest that he has matured or where we think "the light turned on"??
Old 10-20-2011   #107
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Really it's not an excuse as much as it's a reason... We're not talking about excusing anyone here, we're talking about what's wrong with a struggling offense that we know is capable of better production...

Personally i'm tired of excuses also, and though i see the lack of Andre and James Casey as a problem for our offense (earlier the RB situation w/Foster etc...), it can't be an excuse for K&S when it's decision time on those two... But we're only six games in and far from being out of it, and even further from that decision point, so all of that crap is fodder for the end of the year...

if you want to talk about what's wrong with this offense right now, there are a couple of "reasons", and one is a very big one...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2011   #108
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Really it's not an excuse as much as it's a reason... We're not talking about excusing anyone here, we're talking about what's wrong with a struggling offense that we know is capable of better production...

Personally i'm tired of excuses also, and though i see the lack of Andre and James Casey as a problem for our offense (earlier the RB situation w/Foster etc...), it can't be an excuse for K&S when it's decision time on those two... But we're only six games in and far from being out of it, and even further from that decision point, so all of that crap is fodder for the end of the year...

if you want to talk about what's wrong with this offense right now, there are a couple of "reasons", and one is a very big one...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
It's both a reason and an excuse. No offense would thrive after losing their biggest star and a another big piece of their offensive puzzle in James Casey. However, you pay other guys pretty well too, to make plays. I'm looking at you Jacoby Jones.
Old 10-20-2011   #109
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It's both a reason and an excuse. No offense would thrive after losing their biggest star and a another big piece of their offensive puzzle in James Casey. However, you pay other guys pretty well too, to make plays. I'm looking at you Jacoby Jones.
IDK ... seems like Rick has been trying to keep draft picks ( overpaying them ) or play draft high picks to save his butt .
Old 10-20-2011   #110
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Absolutely! They're not getting it done (though i will give JJ props for his effort against Baltimore)...

The game against the Raiders was horrible... Schaub was off, JJ was off, the line could have done better etc... But i'm not going to be stubborn by dismissing the notion that the offense has a better chance to do better in that game if AJ's pulling an extra body or two out of that box and running better routes than anyone else on the field... And that having a weapon like Casey in the last half would have provided a better chance...

Either way, it is what it is... We're at 3-3 with a lot of football left to be played... It's time for people to step up...

Sent from my ryePhone 6G using Tapakeg

Old 10-20-2011   #111
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Quote:
It's both a reason and an excuse.
I see you working there, but i may need to explain my angle here...

I'm coming from the angle of explaining why I haven't jumped off the ledge yet in regards to this offense... Some may see my comments as excuses for this offense, but they're not... I'm just giving my reasoning for why i'm going to hold on and keep some faith...

If some guys can step up and get it done against the Titurds and Jaguars without AJ and Casey, i'm confident this offense "can" be fine when those two get back...

Maybe my reasoning is stupid (i don't think so, but admit the possibility), but i'm not excusing anyone...

Sent from my ryePhone 6G using Popatop

Old 10-20-2011   #112
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if Kubiak loses so many starters, he has to revive the
CBA (Canadian Basketball Association) just to sign players to the
famous "10-day contract."

No more excuses, results or íTe vas!
Old 10-20-2011   #113
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I don't care if Kubiak loses so many starters, he has to revive the
CBA (Canadian Basketball Association) just to sign players to the
famous "10-day contract."

No more excuses, results or íTe vas!
And you see no problem with this thinking .....

There are plenty of reasons to hate on Kubiak .... use of time outs , clock management and challenges .... You dont have to fabricate shit .... he has his warts.

Play calling and game management "This season" is not one of the things you can fault him for. He's given the players he has available more than enough opportunity to suceed ....

Gary stated "We need a hero" to step up while AJ is out .... tell me , who's done that ?

Old 10-20-2011   #114
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Meh... Andre is a HUGE part of this offense, but then again so is Arian Foster, but then again so is the O-Line. The fact is that any team would struggle without an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson or Larry FP. That said, if Jacoby Jones could ever live up to his (nevermind ridiculous contract) potential, this offense wouldn't struggle nearly as much without AJ. Re-signing JJ was a mistake. What has he done over the last 4 or 5 years to suggest that he has matured or where we think "the light turned on"??
It's not like we signed JJ to a #2 WR contract. It's practically the minimum for his time in the league at his position. He's making less than comparable WRs.... Lance Moore, James Jones, Steve Breaston & he produces about the same.
Old 10-20-2011   #115
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And you see no problem with this thinking .....
Of course he doesn't. He wants Kubiak gone, period. No Arian for the first 3 games.... No Andre for the last two... no Mario for the last two.. No James Casey.

Never mind the fact that we had no OTAs, a shortened offseason.

I understand the demand for results. I understand there is no excuse for those two 3 & outs #Baltimore & the offensive funk in Oakland.

But, when it comes to measure of success for Kubiak, the bar is set at 16-0 regardless what he has to work through to get there.
Old 10-20-2011   #116
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Of course he doesn't. He wants Kubiak gone, period. No Arian for the first 3 games.... No Andre for the last two... no Mario for the last two.. No James Casey.

I understand the demand for results. I understand there is no excuse for those two 3 & outs #Baltimore & the offensive funk in Oakland.

But, when it comes to measure of success for Kubiak, the bar is set at 16-0 regardless what he has to work through to get there.
too bad we are the only team with injuries and working with a shortened season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #117
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Name one playoff team that has lost its best player on both sides of the ball in recent memory.

A lot is made of last years GB team who suffered a lot of injuries .... Who did they lose ? .... It wasnt Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews .... their best and most important players on each side of the ball.
Yeah , GB had a lot of games lost to injury ..... just not All Pro players lost.

As for the shortened offseason - I thought it would give teams with established staffs and rosters an advantage .... a quarter of the way thru the season , teams like the 49ers are making that look ..... like a bad assumption.

Old 10-20-2011   #118
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

tkyss, you are losing credibility. just saying. that last sentence is just plain ridiculous.

face it, you have been wrong about stuff before and you are wrong about Kubiak. you are a (very) knowledgeable football fan that gets his vision clouded by koolaid and some false sense of allegiance to Kubiak.

the Texans have had one season ending injury (Mario) and we have been without Andre for 2 damn games. Yeah, it sucks but injuries are part of the game and only in this town do people use them as an excuse.

Kubiak is a losing head coach. That isn't an opinion. That is a fact. So don't act like people are looking for perfection or are unreasonable. We have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond reasonable.

Kubiak re-signed Carr and cut him 10 months later. Fail.
Kubiak hired two of the worst defensive coordinators in history, with no track record of anything much less success. Then held on to them out of some warped sense of loyalty for 5 years. Fail.
Kubiak and his crony, Smith, have had some of the worst defensive draft picks in history and not just in the 1st Round. Fail.
Kubiak has never met a big game he couldn't lose. Fail.

TK, please get over the love affair with Kubiak. Kubiak has done a pretty good job with turning around the offense, but he has been an awful motivator, time manager, and a loser head coach.

Can we get a coach that is .500 at least? How are we setting the bar too high when the guy can't even reach .500? And I dont want to hear all the excuses because its all total bullshit. seriously dude. its just bullshit.

I know you love the Texans, and I do too. Just don't act like we are anti-Kubiak because we don't like him or that we have set the bar too high. Even if we set the bar at .500, he has failed to do that. What dont you understand.

Maybe spend less time focusing on minutia and more time focusing on the bottom line. Winning. Screw the excuses and the pandering. Screw the rationalizations and the myopia. The team hasn't won because Kubiak is not a good head coach. Its as simple as that. If he was, he wouldn't have waited nearly 6 yrs to hire a decent DC and probably had to be held at gunpoint to even do that. If he was a good coach, we wouldn't have fans still making excuses for him in Year 6. Good coaches win. Bad coaches get fired....unless you work for Bob.

I have always respected you and liked your analysis but this Kubiak apologist thing has gone too far and you need to be called to the carpet for it.

Kubiak is a losing head coach. That isn't a fact and its not up for discussion. Bottom line. Loser...and if you think the team is turning the corner you are wrong.
Old 10-20-2011   #119
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
It's short enough already, no need to cut it down to 6 games. Just give us the same 16 games as the other teams, that's all I'm asking.

Pittsburgh had injuries, their 4-2... New Orleans is 4-2, The Giants are 4-2. Atlanta has had issues, their 3-3. The Jets are 3-3, Kansas City is 2-3, they were expected to win their division or at least contend for it. They aren't out of it. It's a 16 game season & things are going to look very different come January 2nd.

I don't want to mention any names because I don't want to jinx any one (I am superstitious ) but if Greenbay were missing comparable players to who we have missed for the last 6 games, do you think they would be 6-0?

I don't.
Old 10-20-2011   #120
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
tkyss, you are losing credibility. just saying. that last sentence is just plain ridiculous.
Then why are we even arguing?

We're 3-3 not 1-5 or 2-4, we're 3-3.

Quote:
face it, you have been wrong about stuff before and you are wrong about Kubiak. you are a (very) knowledgeable football fan that gets his vision clouded by koolaid and some false sense of allegiance to Kubiak.
No love for Kubiak here.
Quote:
the Texans have had one season ending injury (Mario) and we have been without Andre for 2 damn games. Yeah, it sucks but injuries are part of the game and only in this town do people use them as an excuse.

Kubiak is a losing head coach. That isn't an opinion. That is a fact. So don't act like people are looking for perfection or are unreasonable. We have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond reasonable.
No argument here, nothing I've said supports a "Kubiak is a good head coach" argument & I haven't made that argument in over two years.

We're 3-3, two of those losses came with Andre & Mario sitting on the sideline. & it's not like we've lost to the Cardinals or the Rams.

Quote:

Kubiak is a losing head coach. That isn't a fact and its not up for discussion. Bottom line. Loser...and if you think the team is turning the corner you are wrong.
I haven't said anything to contradict either of these statements in the last two years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read