Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2011   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Lets be ********** Honest.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
U know lookin back at the last 6 years im kinda seeing the reason why alot of people hate this regime its just 6 years of bad football IMO

IMO makin the playoffs is not enough this year its make it to the AFC champ game or bust IMO
This is year 6, it's been 5 years, going on 6.
Old 10-18-2011   #62
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& if one guy makes the team, that says an awful lot about the coaches.

Look at Indy, without 18, that whole F.O. look like idiots, Pioli included.

(I typed idiots & it printed??)
Plural .... You can type idiots .... just not id!0t

Hope is a poor mans disease.

Last edited by Corrosion; 10-18-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Plural .... You can type idiots .... just not idiot.
And yet you did..... clever.. very, very clever.
Old 10-18-2011   #64
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
backing into the playoffs still leaves us with schaub at qb
I'm more concerned with it keeping Kubiak at coach. I think the team will make the playoffs and depending on the matchup win in the 1st round because we will host it. I can't see this team winning on the road, though. The defense is playing well enough to keep us in it, but it won't be enough.

There will be:

1) One big 3rd and extremely long that we won't get a stop on leading to a take back the lead score.

2) A 3 and out following a situation where we took the lead and got a 3 and out ourselves. Inevitably this 3 and out will have a run, run, bad pass playcalling sequence.

3) A questionable flag that keeps a drive alive for the opponent. Or a very stupid penalty that didn't affect the play.

4) A poor use of a timeout giving us one less down the stretch when we need it.

I want the team to make the playoffs. I just don't want the team to settle for that. Nobody else in the league worries about taking baby steps. Go for the whole enchilada.
Old 10-18-2011   #65
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Let's be honest.

1. People get hysterical here on this board after every Texans loss, without exception. And of course we have seen a number of examples of that here in this very thread.

2. The Texans were 6-10 last season and most people believe that 10-6 is a reasonable goal for this year. The Texans have just finished the hardest 4-game stretch on their schedule that they will have this season. This last four games were a gauntlet. Unfortunately, they went 1-3. However, the only game that they lost that they reasonably should have won was the home loss against the Oakland Raiders last week. They should have gone 2-2.

3. Without Andre Johnson, this team is mediocre. With him it is better than mediocre, but not great, only good. The defense has played surprisingly well, certainly exceeding the expectations that any reasonable person had last summer before training camp.

4. The schedule will be easier over the rest of the season after this brutal four game stretch. An improvement to 10-6, a division championship and the team's first playoff appearance would all be great news and something to for fans to feel good about. Any "fans" caught whining in that circumstance just have bad attitudes.

5. The Texans current record of 3-3 with 10 games left to play is hardly a disaster. The Texans now travel to Tennessee for a big game against the Titans. If they win that one, they are right back on track.
1. 6 years of only beating crappy teams and loosing to good teams will do that to you.

2. yeh its Unfortunate. just bad luck huh?

3. So after six years you only consider us a not great, only good and we should be happy with this?

5. And if we loose? Would that just be "unfortunate"? Then with this "easier" schedule we would have to go 7 and 2 to reach the 10 and 6 mark you have set for us to reach the playoffs. Do you really think this team can pull that off?
Old 10-18-2011   #66
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
1. 6 years of only beating crappy teams and loosing to good teams will do that to you.

2. yeh its Unfortunate. just bad luck huh?

3. So after six years you only consider us a not great, only good and we should be happy with this?

5. And if we loose? Would that just be "unfortunate"? Then with this "easier" schedule we would have to go 7 and 2 to reach the 10 and 6 mark you have set for us to reach the playoffs. Do you really think this team can pull that off?
1. The Texans are not going to win all of their games. The game against Baltimore is one they were likely to lose, and they did. The Ravens are a better team than the Texans, especially without Andre Johnson.

2. Don't get me wrong, I am disappointed the Texans lost last Sunday. And I am disappointed they are 3-3 right now when they should be 4-2. But I am not hysterical about it. They lost one game they should not have, against the Oakland Raiders. They can recover from that. And I will be eagerly looking forward to watching them do so.

3. It is my sense that the Texans are poised to have a good year this year and probably will make the playoffs. Mario Williams being lost for the year is a big loss, and Andre Johnson being gone for the last two games (Both losses) is an even bigger loss. If Andre was healthy the last two games, the Texans almost certainly beat the Raiders, and might have won the game against the Ravens as well. So, yes, I think it is unfortunate.

5. The game against Tennessee is huge for a whole host of reasons. It is 1) against a division opponent, 2) on the road, 3) who is currently in first place in the division, and 4) it is a rivalry game against the former Houston Oilers. For the Texans to make the playoffs this year, the easiest way will be for them to win their division. If they win this game, they will be in first place in the South. If they lose, they will be in second place 1.5 games behind the Titans. That will be a tough spot - albeit one that can still be overcome.

If you want to get hysterical about the Titans game, let's at least wait for the game to be played first. What do you say? There is really no point in becoming hysterical about something that has not even happened yet. Personally, I believe the Texans will beat the Titans on Sunday.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #67
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Almost is the theme..

I'm not freaking out just yet, but i am almost freaking out at the thought of how close i am to freaking out...

It is almost amazing how big of a difference having AJ on the bench is for this running game/offense in a whole.. the only good thing i've seen come out of it was that JJ was left with reed going deep, and i'll take that almost every time...

As a matter of fact, until AJ returns we need to run that play-action boot almost every other play... I'm almost serious...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2011   #68
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. The Texans are not going to win all of their games. The game against Baltimore is one they were likely to lose, and they did. The Ravens are a better team than the Texans, especially without Andre Johnson.

2. Don't get me wrong, I am disappointed the Texans lost last Sunday. And I am disappointed they are 3-3 right now when they should be 4-2. But I am not hysterical about it. They lost one game they should not have, against the Oakland Raiders. They can recover from that. And I will be eagerly looking forward to watching them do so.

3. It is my sense that the Texans are poised to have a good year this year and probably will make the playoffs. Mario Williams being lost for the year is a big loss, and Andre Johnson being gone for the last two games (Both losses) is an even bigger loss. If Andre was healthy the last two games, the Texans almost certainly beat the Raiders, and might have won the game against the Ravens as well. So, yes, I think it is unfortunate.

5. The game against Tennessee is huge for a whole host of reasons. It is 1) against a division opponent, 2) on the road, 3) who is currently in first place in the division, and 4) it is a rivalry game against the former Houston Oilers. For the Texans to make the playoffs this year, the easiest way will be for them to win their division. If they win this game, they will be in first place in the South. If they lose, they will be in second place 1.5 games behind the Titans. That will be a tough spot - albeit one that can still be overcome.

If you want to get hysterical about the Titans game, let's at least wait for the game to be played first. What do you say? There is really no point in becoming hysterical about something that has not even happened yet. Personally, I believe the Texans will beat the Titans on Sunday.
It still walks like a duck , quacks like a duck . The big problem is if the Texans limp into the playoffs by beating bad teams Bob will keep things as they are . Matt has hit his ceiling and it's not high enough to function in the red zone and he's really lost without AJ . Gary is still Gary and the tease of Wade making a big difference in the win column isn't happening .
Old 10-18-2011   #69
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
It still walks like a duck , quacks like a duck . The big problem is if the Texans limp into the playoffs by beating bad teams Bob will keep things as they are . Matt has hit his ceiling and it's not high enough to function in the red zone and he's really lost without AJ . Gary is still Gary and the tease of Wade making a big difference in the win column isn't happening .
I hope you are not suggesting that it would be better for the Texans to lose so that Bob McNair will clean house.

The Texans do not appear to be a legitimate contender for the Super Bowl this year. I would like to see the Texans win every game they play from now on, but of course that would be ridiculous to actually expect that.

The Texans went 6-10 last season and an improvement to 10-6 or 11-5 with the team's first playoff appearance and division title would be an excellent accomplishment for this season. Personally, I would count all of that as a giant step forward and as a very successful season for this team. And it would also put them in position for even better things over the next few years.
Old 10-18-2011   #70
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope you are not suggesting that it would be better for the Texans to lose so that Bob McNair will clean house.

The Texans do not appear to be a legitimate contender for the Super Bowl this year. I would like to see the Texans win every game they play from now on, but of course that would be ridiculous to actually expect that.

The Texans went 6-10 last season and an improvement to 10-6 or 11-5 with the team's first playoff appearance and division title would be an excellent accomplishment for this season. Personally, I would count all of that as a giant step forward and as a very successful season for this team. And it would also put them in position for even better things over the next few years.
7 and 3 or 8 and 2? Do you really think we are capable of doing that? If there are more than 3 good teams on our schedule then that is a pipe dream.
Old 10-18-2011   #71
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
7 and 3 or 8 and 2? Do you really think we are capable of doing that? If there are more than 3 good teams on our schedule then that is a pipe dream.
Let's watch the games and see. Shall we?

Old 10-18-2011   #72
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. I do.

Having said that, the truth is "being capable of" and "accomplishing" are two different things.
We'll all see if they can actually accomplish what they're capable of.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #73
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yep. I do.

Having said that, the truth is "being capable of" and "accomplishing" are two different things.
We'll all see if they can actually accomplish what they're capable of.
based on what? The only time this team has finished strong was when we were out of the playoffs and teams were resting their players.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #74
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm not suggesting anything other than they're still an average team in a weak division . When the Texans go this route I tend to pour out my koolaid and become more of an observer and less of a fan .
Old 10-18-2011   #75
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
based on what? The only time this team has finished strong was when we were out of the playoffs and teams were resting their players.
Because they're MY TEAM.
I don't need another reason.
Old 10-18-2011   #76
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because they're MY TEAM.
I don't need another reason.
ok, didn't know you weren't using logic. my bad.

Old 10-18-2011   #77
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Nope. Not a bit.

Think about it, to have an emotional attachment (and you do or you wouldn't care who's running what) to a business entity that does not provide me or my family with any financial gain or philosophical enrichment but, instead, is, a good deal of the time, pretty much a source of aggravation, is illogical by definition. No, it's beyond illogical it's plain stupid. If I were in a relationship that was this frustrating - damned near psychologically abusive - but yet I won't leave, I'd be diagnosed as co-dependent and be getting therapy.

We're all crazy.
Or we wouldn't be here.
Old 10-18-2011   #78
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Nope. Not a bit.

Think about it, to have an emotional attachment (and you do or you wouldn't care who's running what) to a business entity that does not provide me or my family with any financial gain or philosophical enrichment but, instead, is, a good deal of the time, pretty much a source of aggravation, is illogical by definition. No, it's beyond illogical it's plain stupid. If I were in a relationship that was this frustrating - damned near psychologically abusive - but yet I won't leave, I'd be diagnosed as co-dependent and be getting therapy.

We're all crazy.
Or we wouldn't be here.
yeah, but I like a little reality based logic mixed into my football talk. Where do you think you are anyway? Ht.com?

Old 10-18-2011   #79
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Okay, the real answer is, I think we're better than most of the teams on the remainder of our schedule. Past years be damned. Despite what happened last week, I think this is the best team we've ever had. Both talent wise and attitude wise. No one in that locker room is just here to pick up their check like teams we've had in the past.

We've gone toe-to-toe with the two of the best teams in the league and damn near won. Now I know pessimists don't believe in "moral victories". But I do believe in measuring yourself against the best. And when we went against the best this year we didn't embarrass ourselves as in years past.

If we can just figure out how to keep from tripping over our own feet, we can win and, dare I say, even make some hay in the playoffs.

See the AZ Cardinals or the NY Giants when they won 3 straight road games to get to the Super Bowl. So if we can get on a roll, build some team confidence - and shut down that damned "Same Old Texans" mantra. Maybe we can get somewhere.

The short answer is: We're better than we've ever, and I mean EVER, been.

So yeah, I think we can pull this off.
Old 10-18-2011   #80
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Okay, the real answer is, I think we're better than most of the teams on the remainder of our schedule. Past years be damned. Despite what happened last week, I think this is the best team we've ever had. Both talent wise and attitude wise. No one in that locker room is just here to pick up their check like teams we've had in the past.

If we can just figure out how to keep from tripping over our own feet, we can win and, dare I say, even make some hay in the playoffs.

See the AZ Cardinals or the NY Giants when they won 3 straight road games to get to the Super Bowl. So if we can get on a roll, build some team confidence - and shut down that damned "Same Old Texans" mantra. Maybe we can get somewhere.

The short answer is: We're better than we've ever, and I mean EVER, been.
ok, I like that answer and I agree that this SHOULD be a better team than most of the remaining opponents.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read