Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lets be ********** Honest.....

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
We will get AJ back our defense is still doing very well, and we will still win the South. Our Offense is built around AJ, We have played hard without him, BUT thats not enough. We need him out there.

We will be fine.

We do need to find another Legit WR in the Offseason though. Then we wont have this problem. But we get AJ back next week we now have mason and we will begin to crush teams like we should be doing now. I am mad about the loss too, and mad at Schaubs dumb decesions, the coaches bad play calling and our lack to do anything outside of the box.

Oh and i swear every game we lose we lose by a kicker kicking 4-5-6 FGs.

BUt we WILL be fine and win the South, mark my words.

We will win the south but a game like this does not give me any confidence once we are in the playoffs.

We will get AJ back our defense is still doing very well, and we will still win the South. Our Offense is built around AJ, We have played hard without him, BUT thats not enough. We need him out there.

We will be fine.

We do need to find another Legit WR in the Offseason though. Then we wont have this problem. But we get AJ back next week we now have mason and we will begin to crush teams like we should be doing now. I am mad about the loss too, and mad at Schaubs dumb decesions, the coaches bad play calling and our lack to do anything outside of the box.

This man speaks the truth! I think if we get to the playoffs, we can compete though.

Hard to be **********honest when you watch your team fold AGAIN in the second half. I will be brutally honest about one thing though. THREE games in a row we've been the victim of BAD calls from the refs. Don't wanna blame them for the loss, because we simply did NOT out play the Ravens, but, crappy calls takes the wind out of the momentum! JMO!!

Like clockwork. Now the "any given Sunday" excuse is thrown out. Same ****, different year.

How is that an excuse? The horrible Seahawks won a home playoff game against the then reigning Super Bowl champs. Anything can happen in the playoffs when its win or go home. I didn't know this was a Super Bowl or bust year for us when we haven't even made the playoffs once in our existence

let's be honest? Sure this team may back into the playoffs due to a pathetic division, but that doesn't make this a good team. A mediocre team that backs into the playoffs perhaps and I've seen dozens of mediocre teams get into the playoffs over the last 40 years. low bar stuff really.

We will be fine.

I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm not panicking over this game. But I do have some questions.

I thought we were going to challenge Bernard Pollard... expose him.

How many catches did our TEs have? How many targets?

Ben Tate looked good carrying the ball, why didn't he get more touches?

& What happened to the Dawg? Why wasn't he let loose?

I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm not panicking over this game. But I do have some questions.

How much can you trust this team though? I can't even feel confident about some of the "easier" games in the 2nd half of the schedule. Although I'm still hopeful they'll take care of business, that's just my blind faith.

How much can you trust this team though? I can't even feel confident about some of the "easier" games in the 2nd half of the schedule. Although I'm still hopeful they'll take care of business, that's just my blind faith.
Kubiak just needs time. His kids will grow up soon.

We will be fine.

We need more than 1 wr in the off season we need to add multiple through the draft and free agency. We need young studs not washed up wr's like Derrick Mason.

We need more than 1 wr in the off season we need to add multiple through the draft and free agency. We need young studs not washed up wr's like Derrick Mason.

Let's see what Mason does after a full week of practice.

Going forward, if Kubiak stays, we've got 3s & 4s... we just need to hit a homerun on a #2.

This year, Mason should be adequate.

let's be honest? Sure this team may back into the playoffs due to a pathetic division, but that doesn't make this a good team. A mediocre team that backs into the playoffs perhaps and I've seen dozens of mediocre teams get into the playoffs over the last 40 years. low bar stuff really.

Dont agree that we are a bad team, We are a good team, we are however limited without AJ. Even without Mario our defense looked good. If we were so bad we wouldnt be hanging around with these teams like the saints and the ravens. We put up one hell of a fight.

I dont see how people think this team is so weak, i just dont see it.

Dont agree that we are a bad team, We are a good team, we are however limited without AJ. Even without Mario our defense looked good. If we were so bad we wouldnt be hanging around with these teams like the saints and the ravens. We put up one hell of a fight.

I dont see how people think this team is so weak, i just dont see it.
I never called this team bad....just mediocre. Mediocre teams put up 'one hell of a fight' you know...mediocre sucks too though

I never called this team bad....just mediocre. Mediocre teams put up 'one hell of a fight' you know...mediocre sucks too though

LOL Kubiak is defining the word "mediocre". I often call him "Captain .500" however technically he is just below that.

In his 6 years here he has finished with winning 6, 8, 8, 9, and 6 games. Now in season 6 he sits at 3-3.

The sad thing is the AFC South is so poor that the Texans might win the division going .500 again or with Kubes having another break out 9 win season. That will be up to the Titans.

If the above happens you know Bob McMediocre will keep Captain .500 around.

LOL Kubiak is defining the word "mediocre". I often call him "Captain .500" however technically he is just below that.

In his 6 years here he has finished with winning 6, 8, 8, 9, and 6 games. Now in season 6 he sits at 3-3.

The sad thing is the AFC South is so poor that the Texans might win the division going .500 again or with Kubes having another break out 9 win season. That will be up to the Titans.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry discovers that if he loses a girlfriend, another girl shows up right away. If he loses a twenty dollar bill, he finds one in the pocket of his blue jeans.

Kramer dubbed him Even Steven.

That's Kubiak. Even Steven.

I heard Charlie Pallilo the other day saying Kubiak took the 6-10 team he fielded in 2006 and, four years later, turned them into.......a 6-10 team.

We will be fine.

I agree with just about everything you said, especially the part in bold. I like how the defense can crack down in the redzone (#1 redzone defense), but I wish they would crack down more often before letting the opposing team reach field goal range. Im always happy to force a team to settle for 3, but those field goals sure do add up

I agree with just about everything you said, especially the part in bold. I like how the defense can crack down in the redzone (#1 redzone defense), but I wish they would crack down more often before letting the opposing team reach field goal range. Im always happy to force a team to settle for 3, but those field goals sure do add up

...when your offense can't score points.

I'm just so "meh" at the future of this team if McNair keeps Kubiak another season. Depressing really. Everyone will be one year older (Andre will be 31). We're no longer the "young team with potential" anymore (died two years ago and last year should have been the breakout year for the "young team".

Let's be mother****ing honest right now, the Texans are garbage. Straight up. As long as we got Kubiak roaming the sidelines during games, we will remain garbage. There is nothing that I see that will change that. Five years of evidence backing this up, too. We're following the exact same road. It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone. The threads are almost identical, as they teeter and totter their way to a mediocre, sub .500 record yet again. We see how the defense looks. They put up a fight. They have an experienced coach coaching them. We need the same for the offense and the entire team. The window for the Texans is closing slowly and slowly. Other teams are starting to rise up in the NFL with their new coaching regimes, while the Texans remain flat.

(Andre will be 31).

At the risk of painting a multimillionaire as a victim-----that poor muther. What a freaking drag it must be to have best ever kind of talent and be stuck with an organization simply delighted to constantly trumpet the great expectations of next season.

At the risk of painting a multimillionaire as a victim-----that poor muther. What a freaking drag it must be to have best ever kind of talent and be stuck with an organization simply delighted to constantly trumpet the great expectations of next season.

You know if AJ demanded a trade after this season, I would not get butt hurt over it. As a matter of fact, I would support it. This franchise is stuck on luke warm. Andre deserves better.

You know if AJ demanded a trade after this season, I would not get butt hurt over it. As a matter of fact, I would support it. This franchise is stuck on luke warm. Andre deserves better.

I say: trade him. I want to see what he could do with a QB like Brady, Brees or Manning.

I say: trade him. I want to see what he could do with a QB like Brady, Brees or Manning.

oh lord here we go with the trade AJ so he can go to a contender talk again, does it ever end ??? I mean anyone who would actually be happy to see AJ go to another team is not a fan of the TEXANS........

oh lord here we go with the trade AJ so he can go to a contender talk again, does it ever end ??? I mean anyone who would actually be happy to see AJ go to another team is not a fan of the TEXANS........

So the fan police has arrived? Andre Johnson deserves better than he is getting from this franchise. Forgive me if I don't ask you to grade my degree of fan hood since we don't even know each other.

So the fan police has arrived? Andre Johnson deserves better than he is getting from this franchise. Forgive me if I don't ask you to grade my degree of fan hood since we don't even know each other.

i said if he was to actually get traded and people were to be happy. I am not questioning anyones fan hood. The fact of the matter is he said he wants to retire a texan, and he has shown no interest in leaving. i personally will be happy to see him remain and retire a texan.

While I was watching todays game , I couldnt help but think that the issues with the teams running game are tied to AJ not being on the field .... Same thing as last week.

He really does mean THAT MUCH to the Texans offense .... He's the difference between the RB's averaging 5+YPC or what we've seen the past two weeks of about 3.8YPC.

When the running game works .... everything else works off of it. The Raiders and Ravens were able to control the Texans ground game by cheating their safeties up .... since they dont have to double #80.

#80 cant get back on the field fast enough ....

OD was the only TE to catch a pass - two receptions for 13 yards. I dont have an accurate number for targets.

Being honest is watching the 4th quarter and seeing that our players on both sides of the ball gave up.

I think the environment of this team is we lose on the road and we lose in the 4th quarter. It's like they expected it to happen and it did.

I heard Charlie Pallilo the other day saying Kubiak took the 6-10 team he fielded in 2006 and, four years later, turned them into.......a 6-10 team.
Is that so bad?

I'm about to spew some koolaide here, so watch out.

It's all cyclical. Look at the Colts, they win 10 games one year, 13, 12, then 10... or something like that. They've got their ceiling, & we've had ours. It sucks that it's been 9 games so far. But we went 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7... it would have been nice to continue to improve, but not unheard of that we regressed a little bit. We were a shitty franchise when Kubiak got here, and now we're a slightly less shitty franchise.

Improvement.

As bad as our talent was in 2006, I didn't think it was a 6-10 team any more than I thought the 2005 team was a 2-14 team. A better head coach, focused on winning, we could have won 8 or 9 games that year, but we didn't.

2007, 8-8 was probably as good as that team was going to do.

2008, 8-8, we left some wins out there, I think we under achieved. Sure there were some games we should have lost, but that's what coaches do, they win those close games..

2009, 9-7... that team should have won 10 or 11 games. We should have been in the play-offs.

2010, we played scared on defense & it showed.

Definitely coaching has been holding us back the last three years. Coaching sticking it to us again this year. But what are you going to do?

Good teams win between 10 & 14 games a year, we aren't there any more than Schaub isn't elite, any more than we don't have the best OL in the league, any more than we don't have a top 10 defense or an elite offense.

hopefully we're an 8-12 win team, we'll see.
That's Kubiak. Even Steven.

I like that though, I think I'll call him Even Steven from here on out.

We will be fine.

No sir..... We suck. The end of the Earth is near. Gary Kubiak is the worst. Wait check that Matt Schaub is the worst.

:gun:

We will be fine.

The problem is not the offense. The problem is the defense. In our 3 wins we gave up an average of 17 points. In our 3 losses we gave up an average of 31.3 points.

Bob ... Bud hear ... I just called to let you know you're headed in the right direction and we don't believe we have a snowball's chance in hell come sunday ... click ... hee hee . :vincepalm:

Let's be honest.

1. People get hysterical here on this board after every Texans loss, without exception. And of course we have seen a number of examples of that here in this very thread.

2. The Texans were 6-10 last season and most people believe that 10-6 is a reasonable goal for this year. The Texans have just finished the hardest 4-game stretch on their schedule that they will have this season. This last four games were a gauntlet. Unfortunately, they went 1-3. However, the only game that they lost that they reasonably should have won was the home loss against the Oakland Raiders last week. They should have gone 2-2.

3. Without Andre Johnson, this team is mediocre. With him it is better than mediocre, but not great, only good. The defense has played surprisingly well, certainly exceeding the expectations that any reasonable person had last summer before training camp.

4. The schedule will be easier over the rest of the season after this brutal four game stretch. An improvement to 10-6, a division championship and the team's first playoff appearance would all be great news and something to for fans to feel good about. Any "fans" caught whining in that circumstance just have bad attitudes.

5. The Texans current record of 3-3 with 10 games left to play is hardly a disaster. The Texans now travel to Tennessee for a big game against the Titans. If they win that one, they are right back on track.

Let's be honest.

1. People get hysterical here on this board after every Texans loss, without exception. And of course we have seen a number of examples of that here in this very thread.

2. The Texans were 6-10 last season and most people believe that 10-6 is a reasonable goal for this year. The Texans have just finished the hardest 4-game stretch on their schedule that they will have this season. This last four games was a gauntlet. Unfortunately, they went 1-3. However, the only game that they lost that they reasonably should have won was the home loss against the Oakland Raiders last week. They should have gone 2-2.

3. Without Andre Johnson, this team is mediocre. With him it is better than mediocre, but not great, only good. The defense has played surprisingly well, certainly exceeding the expectations that any reasonable person had last summer before training camp.

4. The schedule will be easier over the rest of the season after this brutal four game stretch. An improvement to 10-6, a division championship and the team's first playoff appearance will all be great news and something to for fans to feel good about. Any "fans" caught whining in that circumstance just have bad attitudes.

5. The Texans current record of 3-3 with 10 games left to play is hardly a disaster. The Texans now travel to Tennessee for a big game against the Titans. If they win that one, they are right back on track.

I think it's more than that because the brass is in a CYA state . Making excuses for Jacoby , bringing Holliday back plus Kareem starting . All draft picks ... hmmm . The FO is feelijng the heat because even though the defense is better the Texans still lose games they can win .

I think it's more than that because the brass is in a CYA state . Making excuses for Jacoby , bringing Holliday back plus Kareem starting . All draft picks ... hmmm . The FO is feelijng the heat because even though the defense is better the Texans still lose games they can win .
yeah, what's with bringing Holliday back, cutting a player...then making him inactive?

The problem is not the offense. The problem is the defense. In our 3 wins we gave up an average of 17 points. In our 3 losses we gave up an average of 31.3 points.

When we played New Orleans, we knew that we weren't going to win that game if we settled for field goals.

Teams should be saying the same about us. They scored on 4 field goals... usually considered a win for the defense.

offensively, we have trouble staying on the field. Elite defense & all that, but I'm talking about first downs, just getting into field goal range, we couldn't cross mid field.

yeah, what's with bringing Holliday back, cutting a player...then making him inactive?

The Titans were gonna pick him up I guess . The funny thing is last year we were saying the Texans offense is there and the defense needs 5 more players . This year it's the defense is almost there and the offense needs some help . Over the offseason coaches scheme to stop you . You better have a plan B , C , or D .

Why in the hell did Schaub call two timeouts ? This tells me he is having trouble with the play or doesn't believe in it .

The Titans were gonna pick him up I guess . The funny thing is last year we were saying the Texans offense is there and the defense needs 5 more players . This year it's the defense is almost there and the offense needs some help . Over the offseason coaches scheme to stop you . You better have a plan B , C , or D .

Why in the hell did Schaub call two timeouts ? This tells me he is having trouble with the play or doesn't believe in it .

Yes good HC's use the offseason to scheme to stop you.

Schaub has to use time outs because Gary limits when/what plays he can audible into. Either that or Gary/Dennison aren't getting the plays into Schaub quickly enough.

Yes good HC's use the offseason to scheme to stop you.

Schaub has to use time outs because Gary limits when/what plays he can audible into. Either that or Gary/Dennison aren't getting the plays into Schaub quickly enough.

Using timeouts in the 4th is inexcusable but after the 2nd called timeout, you could see about 3 Texans talking to Mason because he wasn't lined up right. That's more on Gary putting a guy you just aquired out there in crucial situations and trusting he knows the play

Using timeouts in the 4th is inexcusable but after the 2nd called timeout, you could see about 3 Texans talking to Mason because he wasn't lined up right. That's more on Gary putting a guy you just aquired out there in crucial situations and trusting he knows the play

Or being forced to use a guy because he had to upgrade on the fly because they refused to upgrade when they had a chance. So, while DA was wasting a roster spot, a guy could have possibly been learning. Maybe.

Back