Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #21
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets be ********** Honest.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddict5 View Post
no no its the 24/7/365 period = full rant mode on tt
fify
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #22
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Make the playoffs see what happens
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #23
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I never called this team bad....just mediocre. Mediocre teams put up 'one hell of a fight' you know...mediocre sucks too though
LOL Kubiak is defining the word "mediocre". I often call him "Captain .500" however technically he is just below that.

In his 6 years here he has finished with winning 6, 8, 8, 9, and 6 games. Now in season 6 he sits at 3-3.

The sad thing is the AFC South is so poor that the Texans might win the division going .500 again or with Kubes having another break out 9 win season. That will be up to the Titans.

If the above happens you know Bob McMediocre will keep Captain .500 around.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #24
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
LOL Kubiak is defining the word "mediocre". I often call him "Captain .500" however technically he is just below that.

In his 6 years here he has finished with winning 6, 8, 8, 9, and 6 games. Now in season 6 he sits at 3-3.

The sad thing is the AFC South is so poor that the Texans might win the division going .500 again or with Kubes having another break out 9 win season. That will be up to the Titans.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry discovers that if he loses a girlfriend, another girl shows up right away. If he loses a twenty dollar bill, he finds one in the pocket of his blue jeans.

Kramer dubbed him Even Steven.

That's Kubiak. Even Steven.

I heard Charlie Pallilo the other day saying Kubiak took the 6-10 team he fielded in 2006 and, four years later, turned them into.......a 6-10 team.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #25
JVL713
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 JVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We will get AJ back our defense is still doing very well, and we will still win the South. Our Offense is built around AJ, We have played hard without him, BUT thats not enough. We need him out there.

We will be fine.

We do need to find another Legit WR in the Offseason though. Then we wont have this problem. But we get AJ back next week we now have mason and we will begin to crush teams like we should be doing now. I am mad about the loss too, and mad at Schaubs dumb decesions, the coaches bad play calling and our lack to do anything outside of the box.

Oh and i swear every game we lose we lose by a kicker kicking 4-5-6 FGs.

BUt we WILL be fine and win the South, mark my words.
I agree with just about everything you said, especially the part in bold. I like how the defense can crack down in the redzone (#1 redzone defense), but I wish they would crack down more often before letting the opposing team reach field goal range. Im always happy to force a team to settle for 3, but those field goals sure do add up
JVL713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #26
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVL713 View Post
I agree with just about everything you said, especially the part in bold. I like how the defense can crack down in the redzone (#1 redzone defense), but I wish they would crack down more often before letting the opposing team reach field goal range. Im always happy to force a team to settle for 3, but those field goals sure do add up
...when your offense can't score points.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #27
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

I'm just so "meh" at the future of this team if McNair keeps Kubiak another season. Depressing really. Everyone will be one year older (Andre will be 31). We're no longer the "young team with potential" anymore (died two years ago and last year should have been the breakout year for the "young team".

Let's be mother****ing honest right now, the Texans are garbage. Straight up. As long as we got Kubiak roaming the sidelines during games, we will remain garbage. There is nothing that I see that will change that. Five years of evidence backing this up, too. We're following the exact same road. It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone. The threads are almost identical, as they teeter and totter their way to a mediocre, sub .500 record yet again. We see how the defense looks. They put up a fight. They have an experienced coach coaching them. We need the same for the offense and the entire team. The window for the Texans is closing slowly and slowly. Other teams are starting to rise up in the NFL with their new coaching regimes, while the Texans remain flat.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2011   #28
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
(Andre will be 31).
At the risk of painting a multimillionaire as a victim-----that poor muther. What a freaking drag it must be to have best ever kind of talent and be stuck with an organization simply delighted to constantly trumpet the great expectations of next season.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #29
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
At the risk of painting a multimillionaire as a victim-----that poor muther. What a freaking drag it must be to have best ever kind of talent and be stuck with an organization simply delighted to constantly trumpet the great expectations of next season.
You know if AJ demanded a trade after this season, I would not get butt hurt over it. As a matter of fact, I would support it. This franchise is stuck on luke warm. Andre deserves better.
Old 10-16-2011   #30
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61273 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
You know if AJ demanded a trade after this season, I would not get butt hurt over it. As a matter of fact, I would support it. This franchise is stuck on luke warm. Andre deserves better.
I say: trade him. I want to see what he could do with a QB like Brady, Brees or Manning.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #31
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone. The threads are almost identical, as they teeter and totter their way to a mediocre, sub .500 record yet again.
I think you might have meant the Groundhog Day movie and if so that is an excellent analogy.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #32
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I say: trade him. I want to see what he could do with a QB like Brady, Brees or Manning.
oh lord here we go with the trade AJ so he can go to a contender talk again, does it ever end ??? I mean anyone who would actually be happy to see AJ go to another team is not a fan of the TEXANS........
Old 10-16-2011   #33
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
oh lord here we go with the trade AJ so he can go to a contender talk again, does it ever end ??? I mean anyone who would actually be happy to see AJ go to another team is not a fan of the TEXANS........
So the fan police has arrived? Andre Johnson deserves better than he is getting from this franchise. Forgive me if I don't ask you to grade my degree of fan hood since we don't even know each other.
Old 10-16-2011   #34
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
So the fan police has arrived? Andre Johnson deserves better than he is getting from this franchise. Forgive me if I don't ask you to grade my degree of fan hood since we don't even know each other.
i said if he was to actually get traded and people were to be happy. I am not questioning anyones fan hood. The fact of the matter is he said he wants to retire a texan, and he has shown no interest in leaving. i personally will be happy to see him remain and retire a texan.
Old 10-17-2011   #35
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
backing into the playoffs still leaves us with schaub at qb
And Kubiak as HC.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149340 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We will get AJ back our defense is still doing very well, and we will still win the South. Our Offense is built around AJ, We have played hard without him, BUT thats not enough. We need him out there.

While I was watching todays game , I couldnt help but think that the issues with the teams running game are tied to AJ not being on the field .... Same thing as last week.

He really does mean THAT MUCH to the Texans offense .... He's the difference between the RB's averaging 5+YPC or what we've seen the past two weeks of about 3.8YPC.

When the running game works .... everything else works off of it. The Raiders and Ravens were able to control the Texans ground game by cheating their safeties up .... since they dont have to double #80.

#80 cant get back on the field fast enough ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm not panicking over this game. But I do have some questions.

I thought we were going to challenge Bernard Pollard... expose him.

How many catches did our TEs have? How many targets?

Ben Tate looked good carrying the ball, why didn't he get more touches?

& What happened to the Dawg? Why wasn't he let loose?

OD was the only TE to catch a pass - two receptions for 13 yards. I dont have an accurate number for targets.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #37
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Being honest is watching the 4th quarter and seeing that our players on both sides of the ball gave up.

I think the environment of this team is we lose on the road and we lose in the 4th quarter. It's like they expected it to happen and it did.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I heard Charlie Pallilo the other day saying Kubiak took the 6-10 team he fielded in 2006 and, four years later, turned them into.......a 6-10 team.
Is that so bad?

I'm about to spew some koolaide here, so watch out.

It's all cyclical. Look at the Colts, they win 10 games one year, 13, 12, then 10... or something like that. They've got their ceiling, & we've had ours. It sucks that it's been 9 games so far. But we went 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7... it would have been nice to continue to improve, but not unheard of that we regressed a little bit. We were a ****ty franchise when Kubiak got here, and now we're a slightly less ****ty franchise.

Improvement.

As bad as our talent was in 2006, I didn't think it was a 6-10 team any more than I thought the 2005 team was a 2-14 team. A better head coach, focused on winning, we could have won 8 or 9 games that year, but we didn't.

2007, 8-8 was probably as good as that team was going to do.

2008, 8-8, we left some wins out there, I think we under achieved. Sure there were some games we should have lost, but that's what coaches do, they win those close games..

2009, 9-7... that team should have won 10 or 11 games. We should have been in the play-offs.

2010, we played scared on defense & it showed.

Definitely coaching has been holding us back the last three years. Coaching sticking it to us again this year. But what are you going to do?

Good teams win between 10 & 14 games a year, we aren't there any more than Schaub isn't elite, any more than we don't have the best OL in the league, any more than we don't have a top 10 defense or an elite offense.

hopefully we're an 8-12 win team, we'll see.
Quote:
That's Kubiak. Even Steven.
I like that though, I think I'll call him Even Steven from here on out.
Old 10-17-2011   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We will be fine.

We do need to find another Legit WR in the Offseason though. Then we wont have this problem. But we get AJ back next week we now have mason and we will begin to crush teams like we should be doing now. I am mad about the loss too, and mad at Schaubs dumb decesions, the coaches bad play calling and our lack to do anything outside of the box.

No sir..... We suck. The end of the Earth is near. Gary Kubiak is the worst. Wait check that Matt Schaub is the worst.

Old 10-17-2011   #40
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We will be fine.

The problem is not the offense. The problem is the defense. In our 3 wins we gave up an average of 17 points. In our 3 losses we gave up an average of 31.3 points.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read