Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby's right foot clearly came down...

Amirite?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Jacoby's right foot clearly came down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Amirite?
Don't think he would have had the 1st either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #3
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes it did. I keep rewinding it. Regardless Ravens deserve the win.
TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep it did, either way game was pretty much over.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #5
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

The backbreaker was the long catch by Smith that was really a drop that Kubiak inexplicably did not challenge.

Kubiak even chokes on the challenges.
Old 10-16-2011   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

That's the Texans way. Need 7 yards? Throw it for 6.

Just more of the Texans being the Texans. Same shit, different year. I'm not even mad. I knew the Ravens were going to win this game. A basic rule of thumb is that nobody's going to win them all and this is one you knew was more than likely going to be a loss. The only reason it sucks as bad as it does is because we sleep-walked through a bullshit loss to the Oakland Raiders last week and because of that we're a .500 ball club.

Next week we'll play the Titans in Nashville and if we lose that game you can kiss this season goodbye. Sadly, you won't be able to kiss Kubiak goodbye. He'll be playing his "But I lost my best woobie!" card and McNair will take pity on him because he had to deal with injuries (like nobody else in the league got hurt or something) and he'll give him one more year.
Old 10-16-2011   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Next week we'll play the Titans in Nashville and if we lose that game you can kiss this season goodbye.
They'll win that one and the following week vs. JAX. That'll put the team at 5-3. Then they'll lose the 3 games in November and the one vs. ATL on Dec. 4th to fall to 5-7.
Old 10-16-2011   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
They'll win that one and the following week vs. JAX. That'll put the team at 5-3. Then they'll lose the 3 games in November and the one vs. ATL on Dec. 4th to fall to 5-7.

Hmmmm. Interesting theory. That's a plausible scenario indeed. Almost sounds preordained.
Old 10-16-2011   #9
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, it was definitely down and definitely a poor call. And not conclusive enough to overturn either way.

Refs were shady and our offensive/secondary execution were worse.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
The backbreaker was the long catch by Smith that was really a drop that Kubiak inexplicably did not challenge.

Kubiak even chokes on the challenges.
Wouldn't have mattered. The refs would have given the call to the Ravens. MS wasted two TOs early in the forth, that's what's dumb, IMHO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Wouldn't have mattered. The refs would have given the call to the Ravens. MS wasted two TOs early in the forth, that's what's dumb, IMHO!!
Well... to be fair... Schaub was probably seeing stars. He'd gotten whalloped pretty good on the play before. He needed a second more to shake it off. Especially on 3rd and long. Its not like Schaub routinely does that. I'm going to give him the benefit of doubt. The coaching on this team sure is sub-par though. That is routine.

Old 10-16-2011   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Quote:
Hmmmm. Interesting theory. That's a plausible scenario indeed. Almost sounds preordained.
wanna bet on that? i accept paypal
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
That's the Texans way. Need 7 yards? Throw it for 6.

Just more of the Texans being the Texans. Same shit, different year. I'm not even mad. I knew the Ravens were going to win this game. A basic rule of thumb is that nobody's going to win them all and this is one you knew was more than likely going to be a loss. The only reason it sucks as bad as it does is because we sleep-walked through a bullshit loss to the Oakland Raiders last week and because of that we're a .500 ball club.
You know, I was really expecting the Ravens to force a lot of turnovers. I was expecting INTs, a few Matt Schaub stripped fumbles, tip ball INTs, a pick 6...

We played a clean, mistake free game (except for Winston & Dressen... & Antonio)... so from that perspective, I was impressed.

No moral victories here, but I didn't think we ever had a chance to win this one. I mean I thought we did before the game started, but once they started playing..... I didn't think we had a chance.

& that's not good from where I thought this team was.
Old 10-16-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I don't agree with this.

I remember watching football in the late '80s. I can't remember who the QBs were, but there were a bunch of young ones & "people" were talking about, "this QB needs to be able to audible" or "why don't they let him audible"

I've always thought the head coach gives the QB freedom to use the timeouts. When he sees something he doesn't like, he calls a timeout, tell the coach what he didn't like, why, & what he thinks they should do instead. If it makes sense, then the QB earns the right to audible.

I know a lot of coaches give their QBs that right, right off the bat. But if you remember all the dumb mistakes we've made once this team got into "hurry up" mode.... I'd be pretty cautious with it myself.

But anyway, those looked like good timeouts to me. Short term, probably screwed us out of this game.... long term, good for Schaub.
Old 10-16-2011   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously think the refs give our opponents the calls. Is it because Kubiak is a pencil dick or what? I mean, we made that play. We had the first down. The guy was under the hood for like 5 minutes and he comes back with that bs.

Plus, they're players were playing beyond the whistle, they didn't throw the flag on th facemask on 3rd down earlier in the game(or was it 4th down?), and they just seem to always give us the penalties and possibly take us out of games.

Maybe I'm reaching on this one, but it pisses me off to no end. I've missed out on some good times when I was younger because of some POS officials. Maybe that's why I get so pissed at the guys in stripes...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #16
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

THe reasons the Texans lost are 2 fold IMO.
!. Offense fell asleep 14 points isn't enough in the NFL
2. Defense gave up to many long pass plays and failed to stop the run in the 4th.

The Texans were impressive for 3qtrs of the game just can't seem to finish strong.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read