Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #101
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ssd"y"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
you claim to be a fan of the team and you hope the Texans move. You said it, not me. Frankly you have exposed yourself to be a charlatan and a fake. No real fan of a franchise is pulling for the team to relocate.
No Vinerino, I said it would be funny if the team were moved. Which, as it seems you're having trouble with that statement, it doesn't mean I want the team moved. Nice try though. Keep'em comin' - I'll keep battin' 'em out if all you got are softballs
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #102
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you claim to be a fan of the team and you hope the Texans move. You said it, not me. Frankly you have exposed yourself to be a charlatan and a fake. No real fan of a franchise is pulling for the team to relocate.
Exactly. I don't understand what he's trying to say. The 99% that want Kubiak fired also want the Texans to do good as well (even if that means Kubiak is the head coach). The top 1% can't seem to get it out of their thick heads that we all want to the same goal for the team. Criticizing the team does not mean we hate the team. Criticizing the team doesn't mean we want them to lose and move to California. What kind of reasoning is that?

When does Occupy Reliant start?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #103
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
No Vinerino, I said it would be funny if the team were moved. Which, as it seems you're having trouble with that statement, it doesn't mean I want the team moved. Nice try though. Keep'em comin' - I'll keep battin' 'em out if all you got are softballs
Getting hard to breath in here with all the smug.
Old 10-16-2011   #104
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Exactly. I don't understand what he's trying to say. The 99% that want Kubiak fired also want the Texans to do good as well (even if that means Kubiak is the head coach). The top 1% can't seem to get it out of their thick heads that we all want to the same goal for the team. Criticizing the team does not mean we hate the team. Criticizing the team doesn't mean we want them to lose and move to California. What kind of reasoning is that?

When does Occupy Reliant start?
LMAO!

You are getting repped for that one.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #105
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

The "shut up and get in line" routine is weak.

Anyone who tells me I'm a bad fan because I find fault in a player, a coach, a general manager, or an owner is an unqualified moron. Case closed.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #106
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Just intelligence-wise.

I know what the problem with this team is. I've been screaming it here (and everywhere else) for since November 2nd, 2008. What about Schaub? What about the OC? The DC? The 2nd string FB? The hurricane? I've heard it all. This team will never become a winner with Gary Kubiak "leading" them. So if the arguments we see after losses look redundant, so too are the excuses for Kubiak's failures. Same $&!%, different thread.
What happened on Nov 2, 2008? Was that the Titans Monday night game? That's the game that pushed me over the edge and made me realize that Gary has to go.
Old 10-16-2011   #107
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
What happened on Nov 2, 2008? Was that the Titans Monday night game? That's the game that pushed me over the edge and made me realize that Gary has to go.
That was the game for me too.

The stadium was rocking. That game meant more to the fans than it did to the Texans organization. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2011   #108
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
being critical of your team doesn't equate to a lack of support...good gravy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
It hasn't mattered Vinny. Even when this team has won people in this town still manage to come here with something negative or "critical" to say. Need an example? After we beat Miami all i saw on here were threads about how weak schaub's arm is.....how bad our run defense is / how we need a space-eating NT...how KJ sucks. It's absolutely maddening. & when we lose.....the same tired discussions get brought up.

That's why i already know, it's not gonna matter whether we finally get to the playoffs this year or not, once we get there & if we lost, the same people will be coming out of the woodworks with the same crap.
when has this team "won"? This team has issues despite what you hear from the propagandameisters on 610am. Between the Texans controlled media sessions, their in-house 'breakdowns' and the fans that can't discern between critical analysis and Pravdaesque propaganda, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #109
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
That was the game for me too.

The stadium was rocking. That game meant more to the fans than it did to the Texans organization. IMHO
Yup. I was there. It was cool as hell. Outside the stadium before the game was electric. Everyone was fired up. The stadium was off-the-hook inside as well.

What a waste.
Old 10-17-2011   #110
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
when has this team "won"? This team has issues despite what you hear from the propagandameisters on 610am. Between the Texans controlled media sessions, their in-house 'breakdowns' and the fans that can't discern between critical analysis and Pravdaesque propaganda, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
LOL. nice.

Jerome Soloman had a blog post about a week or so ago where he talked about a Texans player that pulled him aside last year. The player told him that he was being too negative in the things that he wrote, and that he should be more positive, because fans took their queues from what the media says (as if we're all a bunch of dumb-ass sheep).

Solomon pointed out to this player that the reason fans were negative about the team had more to do with 6 wins and 10 losses than anything a columnist wrote. He was right.

For some reason, this team just doesn't "get it." Kubiak, every year in his speech at the Texans luncheon, asks fans to be in our seats for kickoff. Ok, that's a reasonable request. But he has to do his part by bringing in some more W's. At the Cowboys game last year, I saw people in their seats that didn't normally get there until halftime.

W's is what fans get excited about. Not hype.
Old 10-17-2011   #111
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
this town doesnt deserve a team, this fan base is terrible....
You're right, the Astros should move...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
top 10 offence?
I checked the Texans store, and they don't have a t-shirt for that achievement. I'm really disappointed about it, because next to the 80 consecutive sellouts at Reliant, that's the proudest moment in franchise history.
Old 10-17-2011   #112
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I checked the Texans store, and they don't have a t-shirt for that achievement. I'm really disappointed about it, because next to the 80 consecutive sellouts at Reliant, that's the proudest moment in franchise history.
good job with that sarcastic 'wit'. its the truth though. 1 sub par game against a great D & suddenly revisionist history kicks in & kubiak doesnt know shit about offence either. great insight round here
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #113
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
good job with that sarcastic 'wit'. its the truth though. 1 sub par game against a great D & suddenly revisionist history kicks in & kubiak doesnt know shit about offence either. great insight round here
over the last month this team has lost 3 of the 4 games played. You expect upbeat sunshine?

Old 10-17-2011   #114
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ssd"y"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I remember posters saying we shouldn't change coaches because of the lockout.
No, that was the bullshit McNair used to excuse Kubiak being back. If posters drank that kool aid, well....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #115
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ssd"y"

Quote:
Revisionist history?

6-10
8-8
8-8
9-7
6-10
3-3

You want puppy dogs and rainbows?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #116
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quick, what was the ranking of the Colts defense when they won a championship?

Some of us understand that stats are just one tool to measure a team, not the be all / end all of evaluation.

But go ahead and wave your pom poms, dude. I certainly won't stop you.
Old 10-17-2011   #117
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

ssdy is right. same old argument changing the subject. what does winning have to do with us having a good offence the last few yrs (which is what we are talking about). obviously, our defence which has alternated between bad & diabolical has meant a fair share of that offence performance has been wasted but again... wtf has that got to do with our offensive performance the last few yrs?

love how everyone wants to play the grissled, cynical skeptic though.. and anybody who doesnt join in that everything is f'ed is a cheerleader. solid
Old 10-17-2011   #118
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
over the last month this team has lost 3 of the 4 games played. You expect upbeat sunshine?
ha heres more of it. upbeat sunshine? no. some reasonable views other than a big pity party too much to ask for?
Old 10-17-2011   #119
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ha heres more of it. upbeat sunshine? no. some reasonable views other than a big pity party too much to ask for?
A reasonable view is Kubiak can't coach, Schaub can't QB, and we lose games in the 4th quarter.

You wanna know what the turning point to yesterday was? Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. That 3 points would have changed the mentality of the game from top to bottom.

Who doesn't take points when you are on the road? Especially against the Ravens.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #120
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
A reasonable view is Kubiak can't coach, Schaub can't QB, and we lose games in the 4th quarter.

You wanna know what the turning point to yesterday was? Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. That 3 points would have changed the mentality of the game from top to bottom.

Who doesn't take points when you are on the road? Especially against the Ravens.
That was an idiotic move that defied logical football strategy. The 37 yard FG was pretty much a gimmie.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read