Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #41
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ssd"y"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
LMAO, the Ravens make the playoffs every year...lets give them a decade of sucktitude and then judge how great their morale is
chicken or egg?

didnt realise the getting into the stadium late thing was a recent phenomenom caused by our decade of non-playoffs

cleveland teams suck. doesnt stop their fans still getting behind the team
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
Mannnnn we get it...but you should go get a drink or get laid...ur too uptight (don't take it as an insult). Fans wanted changes and we got FAs and a new legit D-coordinator...I firmly believe if we don't win this division Kubiak will get fired. If Kubiak gets fired I am willing to go thru the potential ups and downs that may come with that.
How about you go get a drink and get laid,

I've already have a drink and will lay wherever I please later on.

None of that has jack crap to do with this thread...last I checked this is a football message board. Guess what people do here...they discuss football.

Damn I'm beginning to think the Texans' P.R. department is bank rolling some of the posters here. I've never seen people so willing to defend failure in my life. (oops, yeah I have...but I'll reserve that convo for the "No spin zone".)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I thought we had a chance in this game. I thought we'd cover 8 points, easy. I was wrong.

A few observations.
  1. The defense isn't as good as we think it is... We're missing Mario.. so there's that excuse... we're not supposed to be that good right now anyway
  2. Our offense should have done better against that defense. I didn't see enough of that Baltimore D to explain 56% completion
  3. That is not the best OL in the league
  4. We've got work to do

Where was the Dog & the Ninja?

@Tennessee, Jacksonville, Cleveland, @ Tampa Bay

We've got an opportunity to get 4 wins, get to 7-3 before the bye.

@Jacksonville, Atlanta, @ Cincinnati, Carolina, @Indianapolis, Tennessee

We can lose three of those games (Atlanta, Cinci, Carolina) & still finish with 10 wins.

Kubiak can't screw this up.
Old 10-16-2011   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess what? Same ole Texans. I'm still hoping that with our easy schedule and pathetic division we still might sneak in a playoff game this year. But, knowing the Texans.........

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #45
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Kubiak chose Schaub and Kubiak sticks with Schaub. Kubiak doesn't know how to pick a real QB. Odd as that sounds the man has worked with Steve Young and John Elway yet doesn't appear to be able to identify the quality that made those men special.

Doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence does it?
can't argue
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
chicken or egg?

didn't realize the getting into the stadium late thing was a recent phenomenon caused by our decade of non-playoffs

cleveland teams suck. doesn't stop their fans still getting behind the team
Teams with warm weather and plenty of things to do generally show up late and leave early. If you think this has ANYTHING to do solely with Houston you are mistaken. You're also mistaken if you think that behavior excuses any of this teams shortcomings.

Now please proceed to tell me how I don't deserve a team...after all it's such a great and intelligent argument.
Old 10-16-2011   #47
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
What's so terrible about a fan base who wants a 6-year sorry ass
head coach fired? Give our team a chance, please!
nothing......but if you think this teams failings will be corrected by replacing 1 man your fooling yourself.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2011   #48
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are you even talking about...did you happen to read the title of this thread before you clicked on it? This doesn't have crap to do with "just this one game". Anybody who says Texan fans are being "impatient" must be someone who either..

A.) just hopped on board this "Fail wagon" or..

B.) Doesn't have a remote clue of what they are talking about...this has been one of the most patient fan bases in the entire league.

Seriously, do you even watch football in other cities? I mean you do realize other cities are struggling against blackouts when their team doesn't win don't you?

Oh lord, what do you mean you don't know where it came from...you flat out said the fans in this city are "impatient". NEWSFLASH impatient fans don't sell out every seat for a freaking decade.. Impatient fans don't generate the revenue to allow their team to be one of the most profitable sports franchises on the planet. THAT'S WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

Remember how we should have traded Mario...in preseason!? How the OLB thing wasn't going to work out... The same ones ready to call the season a bust after one loss? Houston fans are impatient and almost a bit paranoid it seems. This has NOTHING to do with the attendance as it does the mind-set of this city. There are not going to be many people saying "Chill, there is more than half a season left to play."

The attendance is a product of living in Texas and in a huge market. Just like New York fans are not known for their patience yet are able to sell out Knicks game no matter their futility. Their attendance has more to do with their loyalty to the team.

But really, why so serious? It's my opinion that Houston fans are generally impatient and it really has nothing to do with "OMG HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU WATCHED???"
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #49
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Teams with warm weather and plenty of things to do generally show up late and leave early. If you think this has ANYTHING to do solely with Houston you are mistaken. You're also mistaken if you think that behavior excuses any of this teams shortcomings.

Now please proceed to tell me how I don't deserve a team...after all it's such a great and intelligent argument.
fitting of the thread probably....

but now never even said you dont deserve a team. you must have me confused with someone else (see that was easy- no 8 paragraph rant)
Old 10-16-2011   #50
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Remember how we should have traded Mario...in preseason!? How the OLB thing wasn't going to work out... The same ones ready to call the season a bust after one loss? Houston fans are impatient and almost a bit paranoid it seems. This has NOTHING to do with the attendance as it does the mind-set of this city. There are not going to be many people saying "Chill, there is more than half a season left to play."

The attendance is a product of living in Texas and in a huge market. Just like New York fans are not known for their patience yet are able to sell out Knicks game no matter their futility. Their attendance has more to do with their loyalty to the team.

But really, why so serious? It's my opinion that Houston fans are generally impatient and it really has nothing to do with "OMG HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU WATCHED???"
You seriously don't have a clue of what you're talking about...the random message board talk that happens here...you know like the stuff you mentioned above. You are delusional if you think that same stuff doesn't happen on 31 other forums in this league. Damn i guess the NFL might as well close up shop, because there isn't a city in this league that deserves a team now.

Also you're completely off your rocker if you don't think "patient fans" have anything to do with consistent tickets sales. Your "its a big market" argument is absolute failure...all you have to do is look across the way at minute maid park Guess what buddy, they play in a "big market too" and that place was a ghost town...same thing with the Rockets in year's past. Texan fans selling out every seat at Relient isn't just a "given" and it isn't just because they have a healthy market....especially given today's economic downturn and the every rising prices included in attending a football game. Your argument is a stretch at best. THIS IS A PATIENT FAN BASE... Almost patient to a fault.
Old 10-16-2011   #51
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

my friends always ask me why the texans stick so long with a coach with no playoff win or even a playoff appearance.

i just say i don't know...i just don't know
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #52
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
fitting of the thread probably....

but now never even said you dont deserve a team. you must have me confused with someone else (see that was easy- no 8 paragraph rant)
Well you're jumping on that side of the argument with your "the fans don't show up early enough" argument so what's your point...you might as well have said that, since you're essentially defending it. Please stop trying to blow smoke up my rear end, everybody knew the point you were trying to get across

Oh P.S.

While we're on the subject of "pointing out things nobody said", please show me where I ever typed a 8 paragraph ran That was also easy.
Old 10-16-2011   #53
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Could it be that Dennison is a problem? I think I enjoyed Baby Shanahan a little better as an offensive coordinator. I'd have to think about it more. Seems like the offense--the running game excluded--has taken quite the dive with him as OC.

I feel like his name could maybe be thrown in with blaming Kubiak and Smith.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #54
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You seriously don't have a clue of what you're talking about...the random message board talk that happens here...you know like the stuff you mentioned above. You are delusional if you think that same stuff doesn't happen on 31 other forums in this league. Damn i guess the NFL might as well close up shop, because there isn't a city in this league that deserves a team now.
I never said anything about any other city. I am talking about THIS city, no other city. If you want my opinion on fans in general in every city they are impatient. You see that all the time with back up QBs.

Quote:
Also you're completely off your rocker if you don't think "patient fans" have anything to do with consistent tickets sales. Your "its a big market" argument is absolute failure...all you have to do is look across the way at minute maid park Guess what buddy, they play in a "big market too" and that place was a ghost town...same thing with the Rockets in year's past. Texan fans selling out every seat at Relient isn't just a "given" and it isn't just because they have a healthy market....especially given today's economic downturn and the every rising prices included in attending a football game. Your argument is a stretch at best. THIS IS A PATIENT FAN BASE... Almost patient to a fault.

First of all since you're going to make personal insults I will too. You are off your rocker if you think MLB or NBA attendance is any where comparable to NFL attendance.

You are talking about 41+ home games for both leagues. Where you ask fans to come on a random Wednesday night to see the Rockets play the Twolves. I did bring up the Knicks but only to compare that NYC always loves their Basketball and are in a big city...much like Houston will always love their Football and are a big city.

Vs 8 game schedule where each game matters and the team and media can hype up the game so people can come on the weekends...and also that the NFL is much more popular than both leagues in USA probably combined.

Much easier to sell tickets to 8 games vs 41+... also consider that the NFL is the most popular sport in the nation. You think the NBA or MLB could have blackout rules? Only the NFL where teams expect to get in 90% attendance week in and week out.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #55
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
this town doesnt deserve a team, this fan base is terrible....
You must love mentally soft teams that go 8-8 or thereabouts.

Who's the bad fan? The one that will put up with the same shit year in and year out, while waving their pom poms, wearing their Carr jersey and Steel Blue blinders....

...or...

....the fan who passionately wants this team to win, and realizes that the the head coach isn't the one to get us over the mediocre hump?

I will take fan #2 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Could it be that Dennison is a problem? I think I enjoyed Baby Shanahan a little better as an offensive coordinator. I'd have to think about it more. Seems like the offense--the running game excluded--has taken quite the dive with him as OC.

I feel like his name could maybe be thrown in with blaming Kubiak and Smith.
we keep swapping out coordinators, position coaches and the same results...wash, repeat, rinse....the common theme here is Kubes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #57
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we keep swapping out coordinators, position coaches and the same results...wash, repeat, rinse....the common theme here is Kubes.
top 10 offence?
Old 10-16-2011   #58
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
top 10 offence?
stats are for baseball

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #59
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No sir...it is you that is terrible and if you can't recognize what slaps you in the face every Sunday that's a issue that you need to address yourself instead of degrading a whole city filled with devoted fans.

Nut up and stop being such a pushover. If you were to be completely honest, this team doesn't "deserve" US, because it is US who have made this team one of the most profitable franchises in the entire world. How dare you say we don't deserve a team, that's flat out ridiculous and a straight loser's mentality. Sorry unlike you, I'm tired of losing...it's time to hold this team's (coach's) feet to the fire. If he loses against Tenn, I'd straight fire Gary Kubiak if I was Bob McNair.
Well if you're tired of losing & you truly feel that way, go support a team that's winning...that'll save me from having to read your idiotic posts.
Old 10-16-2011   #60
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
You must love mentally soft teams that go 8-8 or thereabouts.

Who's the bad fan? The one that will put up with the same shit year in and year out, while waving their pom poms, wearing their Carr jersey and Steel Blue blinders....

...or...

....the fan who passionately wants this team to win, and realizes that the the head coach isn't the one to get us over the mediocre hump?

I will take fan #2 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
No, the fan that thinks our issues are localized to 1 person or thing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read