Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17092 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ssd"y"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I remember posters saying we shouldn't change coaches because of the lockout. Well look at them Niners. Just another team to add to the list. Now where is the pink soap?
not the HC, our qb is tapped out
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #22
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
this town doesnt deserve a team, this fan base is terrible....
It's only just the collective frustrations of all Houston teams being irrelevant. There is really no major sports team to hang our hats on. I tihnk the Houston sports fans are generally just impatient...

With that said Kubiak should have been let go awhile ago. This 2nd half let down has become a trend again this season and also falling short of winning games they are in. Also the poor road record etc etc.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #23
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
not the HC, our qb is tapped out
Yes the head coach. He hasn't shown a damn thing. Time for him to go before Schaub goes. Easily.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #24
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Who called those timeouts, Gary or Matt?
Matt Schaub called the first one...Gary called the 2nd one. But I'm not even talking about just this game....I'M TALKING ABOUT EVERY GAME WHERE THIS MAN PISSES OFF TIMEOUTS.

The man can not manage a football game. How about last week where he wasted a TO challenging a play that had 0 chance of ever being overturned? Gee that TO would've came in handy since it took 10+ seconds for our team to run down the field and spike the ball. If we had that TO the Matt Schaub "choke play" would've never happened, because he would've had at least 17 seconds on the clock and enough time to get 3 plays off.

Gary Kubiak creates his OWN damn bad luck, so it's time Texan fans stop giving him the excuse of just "bad luck". This guy is sinking and in over his head...he needs to be drug out to the middle of the field and be put out of his misery.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #25
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfan77801 View Post
Where can I get my pink soap? I said give Kubs another year last year. Now I don't even want him to get on the team bus to the airport.
I promised myself I would wait until after 12 games before putting the soap up this year. 6 more games to go.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #26
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
It's only just the collective frustrations of all Houston teams being irrelevant. There is really no major sports team to hang our hats on. I tihnk the Houston sports fans are generally just impatient...

With that said Kubiak should have been let go awhile ago. This 2nd half let down has become a trend again this season and also falling short of winning games they are in. Also the poor road record etc etc.
This doesn't have shit to do with any other sports team in this city. This football team can create enough frustration all by themselves. This is Texas, it's still a football state. The Rockets and Astros could be winning titles left and right and the fans here would still be highly upset at the Texans ineptitude. And how dare you say fans are generally impatient...sorry, but that's a flat out ridiculous statement. This is the same city who has sold out ever damn game despite 0 results. "Patience" is the last issue regarding this city and their fans
Old 10-16-2011   #27
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77804 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Blowing those timeouts. Utterly UNacceptable.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2011   #28
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
What's so terrible about a fan base who wants a 6-year sorry ass
head coach fired? Give our team a chance, please!
nothing....but there's only so much blame you can put on a coach for players not executing on the field...period.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #29
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 3894 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this town doesnt deserve a team, this fan base is terrible....
What a joke. McNair and Kubiak are terrorizing this town with this garbage. This is an incredibly patient town. Any other city, pitchforks would have been brought out years ago
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #30
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

does this mean i can start a thread about this thread if we win our next few games? again but whatever floats your boat. you're very quick to start threads like these. hows cushing looking now? can i start a thread on that?

btw since we're gonna ***** about how the ravens outclassed the texans... how about those ravens fans? just sayin'
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #31
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
This doesn't have shit to do with any other sports team in this city. This football team can create enough frustration all by themselves. This is Texas, it's still a football state. The Rockets and Astros could be winning titles left and right and the fans here would still be highly upset at the Texans ineptitude. And how dare you say fans are generally impatient...sorry, but that's a flat out ridiculous statement. This is the same city who has sold out ever damn game despite 0 results. "Patience" is the last issue regarding this city and their fans
Lol and look at most of the reaction today. You are right, fans are really patient when not even half the season has been played.

Not even talking about attendance so I don't know where that came from so I'm not even going to respond to it.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #32
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
this town doesn't deserve a team, this fan base is terrible....
No sir...it is you that is terrible and if you can't recognize what slaps you in the face every Sunday that's a issue that you need to address yourself instead of degrading a whole city filled with devoted fans.

Nut up and stop being such a pushover. If you were to be completely honest, this team doesn't "deserve" US, because it is US who have made this team one of the most profitable franchises in the entire world. How dare you say we don't deserve a team, that's flat out ridiculous and a straight loser's mentality. Sorry unlike you, I'm tired of losing...it's time to hold this team's (coach's) feet to the fire. If he loses against Tenn, I'd straight fire Gary Kubiak if I was Bob McNair.
Old 10-16-2011   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
don't just blame kubiak, schaub sucks. our luck kubiak will find another job witha real qb and light it up. i blame schaub more than kubiak

Kubiak chose Schaub and Kubiak sticks with Schaub. Kubiak doesn't know how to pick a real QB. Odd as that sounds the man has worked with Steve Young and John Elway yet doesn't appear to be able to identify the quality that made those men special.

Doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence does it?
Old 10-16-2011   #34
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How dare you say we don't deserve a team, that's flat out ridiculous and a straight loser's mentality. Sorry unlike you, I'm tired of losing...it's time to hold this team's (coach's) feet to the fire. If he loses against Tenn, I'd straight fire Gary Kubiak if I was Bob McNair.
it deserves a team alright.... but a winning team?

didnt see the ravens fans wait until the 2nd to make it into the stadium. that was one mf'ing loud stadium throughout the game. reliant has been like that as often as a kubiak away win against a winning team
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Lol and look at most of the reaction today. You are right, fans are really patient when not even half the season has been played.
What are you even talking about...did you happen to read the title of this thread before you clicked on it? This doesn't have crap to do with "just this one game". Anybody who says Texan fans are being "impatient" must be someone who either..

A.) just hopped on board this "Fail wagon" or..

B.) Doesn't have a remote clue of what they are talking about...this has been one of the most patient fan bases in the entire league.

Seriously, do you even watch football in other cities? I mean you do realize other cities are struggling against blackouts when their team doesn't win don't you?

Quote:
Not even talking about attendance so I don't know where that came from so I'm not even going to respond to it.
Oh lord, what do you mean you don't know where it came from...you flat out said the fans in this city are "impatient". NEWSFLASH impatient fans don't sell out every seat for a freaking decade.. Impatient fans don't generate the revenue to allow their team to be one of the most profitable sports franchises on the planet. THAT'S WHERE THAT CAME FROM.
Old 10-16-2011   #36
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21073 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mannnnn we get it...but you should go get a drink or get laid...ur too uptight (don't take it as an insult). Fans wanted changes and we got FAs and a new legit D-coordinator...I firmly believe if we don't win this division Kubiak will get fired. If Kubiak gets fired I am willing to go thru the potential ups and downs that may come with that.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #37
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nothing....but there's only so much blame you can put on a coach for players not executing on the field...period.

That kind of goes out the window after 6 years. You see this coach has been picking players (along with his hand picked GM) and coaching them for 6 years. Once you get past a certain point you really can't point any fingers at anyone but yourself.

Your players can't execute? You coach them. You chose them. Who's fault is it that you picked lousy players? It's your fault.

More often than not bad coaches and bad personnel evaluators don't get to keep their jobs this long. More often than not they're gone after year three.

Not here. Here it's all on Gary and you should know that by now.
Old 10-16-2011   #38
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
it deserves a team alright.... but a winning team?

didnt see the ravens fans wait until the 2nd to make it into the stadium. that was one mf'ing loud stadium throughout the game. reliant has been like that as often as a Kubiak away win against a winning team
LMAO, the Ravens make the playoffs every year...lets give them a decade of sucktitude and then judge how great their morale is
Old 10-16-2011   #39
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I kept the soap up...Almost wanting to not go 9-7 and win the division, as it will re-up Kubiak.. I just don't think he has the ability to be a HC, never have... His records don't lie..

HOU 2006 6 10 0 .375 4th in AFC South - - - -
HOU 2007 8 8 0 .500 4th in AFC South - - - -
HOU 2008 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC South - - - -
HOU 2009 9 7 0 .563 2nd in AFC South - - - -
HOU 2010 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC South - - - -
Old 10-16-2011   #40
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17092 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yes the head coach. He hasn't shown a damn thing. Time for him to go before Schaub goes. Easily.
what has schaub showed you? just curious? signature win? he is playing in kubes system
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read