Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JJ as AJ!

That was an AJ play against Reed for a TD. Props when it is due!
Old 10-16-2011   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: JJ as AJ!

I think I need to get my eyes checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #3
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. That was far from a sloppy route. Now lets see it on a consistent basis.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #4
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

he'll follow it up with 3-4 bad games

good job tho.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I think I need to get my eyes checked.
I acturally ask my daughter if it was really #12 on that jersey! lol She just laughed and said "yes Mom, JJ made the TD." I'm still stunned.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. That was far from a sloppy route. Now lets see it on a consistent basis.
This
Old 10-16-2011   #7
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. He made a play that most WRs should make. He had seperation on Reed and the throw was in the right spot.

Not impressed...

Sorry for being a debbie downer but the dude needs to string together some good plays/games for me to compliment him. In my opinion, he still blows.

So in short....he is still far from AJ in my book.
Old 10-16-2011   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

He's now one big play away from reaching his yearly quota.
Old 10-16-2011   #9
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Meh. He made a play that most WRs should make. He had seperation on Reed and the throw was in the right spot.

Not impressed...

Sorry for being a debbie downer but the dude needs to string together some good plays/games for me to compliment him. In my opinion, he still blows.

Lets just be happy he caught it.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #10
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I've been drinking today, but is this the same guy I've watched for the past 4 years?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

And an 18 yard reception. Go JJ, Go JJ! Earn that paycheck.
Old 10-16-2011   #12
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

now...that last 3rd down conversion was a good play.

#slowlybeingconvinced
Old 10-16-2011   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

Not impressed...

You need to watch the route he ran. And at the end he broke to the back of end zone. That was a very good play.
Old 10-16-2011   #14
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You need to watch the route he ran. And at the end he broke to the back of end zone. That was a very good play.
Ok, ok. Ill give it a closer watch. Im still gonna low brow the video while I watch it and say negative things under my breath no matter what I see though.

Im like an old man when discussing emo kids. Nothing said will convince me of their worth.
Old 10-16-2011   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Still, the JJ12 of last week wouldn't have caught that one.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 10-16-2011   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Ok, ok. Ill give it a closer watch. Im still gonna low brow the video while I watch it and say negative things under my breath no matter what I see though.

Im like an old man when discussing emo kids. Nothing said will convince me of their worth.
Daddy issues?
Old 10-16-2011   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

/thread

Quote:
Old 10-16-2011   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ is good on deep routes where he can adjust to a ball in the air. He is not good on timing routes where precision is important
Old 10-16-2011   #19
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of credit to Jacoby. The defense doesn't respect him so we don't get other benefits that we get when Andre's in there, but he made plays today. He ran routes properly, he made third down catches, and he had the beautiful TD play.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #20
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

"jacoby jones is a between the 20's playmaker". "you have to get him in a catch and run situation or play action over the top".

the only thing that happened this week is that we used jacoby to his strength on one big play. if not for signing derrick mason, we're lucky to have 3 points this week because those 3rd down tight route plays by mason and walter simply dont happen with jacoby as the primary target. i said the same about slaton and i'm repeating myself here with jacoby. i dont mind the re-signing ... but these are specialty players.

as a major target, jacoby is an absolute waste. as a rusher, slaton is an absolute waste. screens, slants, and play action posts to jacoby are where he can use his natural talents to be a homerun threat. screens, draws, and motions are where slaton can use his natural talents to be a homerun threat.

we saw both jacoby's today ... the athletic post route beating ed reed. and we saw him taking a dive along with several horrible routes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read