Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2011   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Seven More Wins Or Six More Losses?

The Texans are 3-2 through five games. What do you think is more likely to occour at this point in the season? A five and six finish and an eight and eight finish overall or an seven and four finish and an ten and six record overall when you look at the remaining schedule? Or do you see something different than either of these? A poll will be up shortly. Please share your thoughts.
Old 10-15-2011   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seven More Wins Or Six More Losses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The Texans are 3-2 through five games. What do you think is more likely to occour at this point in the season? A five and six finish and an eight and eight finish overall or an seven and four finish and an ten and six record overall when you look at the remaining schedule? Or do you see something different than either of these? A poll will be up shortly. Please share your thoughts.
Right now I think it's the same song different verse . That is until they prove otherwise and I don't think they'll be 4-2 after tomorrow . That sets up a trap game in Nashville after playing a very physical Ravens team .
Old 10-15-2011   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, no poll the computer froze as I was making one but all feedback is still welcome even if it is one and ten or two and nine. LOL. Sorry about the poll.
Old 10-15-2011   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will be lucky to get the following six wins: jags, browns, @jags, carolina, @colts, titans.

If the Titans win nine and the tie breaker or win ten games, they take the division and the Texans stay home.

I don't think that's being pessimistic---I think it's a realistic assessment considering what we've seen from this team/coaches in the past.

I will be delighted to be wrong.

Sorry, but you asked.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Will 6 more wins (including both wins against the Tacks and 2 outof 3 against the other two rivals) be enough?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Texans will be lucky to get the following six wins: jags, browns, @jags, carolina, @colts, titans.

If the Titans win nine and the tie breaker or win ten games, they take the division and the Texans stay home.

I don't think that's being pessimistic---I think it's a realistic assessment considering what we've seen from this team/coaches in the past.

Sorry, but you asked.
What's the tie breaker anyway?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Right now I think it's the same song different verse . That is until they prove otherwise and I don't think they'll be 4-2 after tomorrow . That sets up a trap game in Nashville after playing a very physical Ravens team .
Titans game is a trap game?

If the Texans win tomorrow, they'll be 7-2 going into TB. Book that.
Old 10-15-2011   #8
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the season started i picked them to go 10-6 and win the division. I seen the posibility of 12-4 but thought they would lose 2 that they should win which put me at 10-6. I had the Texans at 3-3 thru the first 6,so if they lose im still on pace but a win would be great. Texans TE need to have big plays early so in the 2nd half foster can run on a regular front det Balt out of 8-9 man fronts.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think the titans are going to win 7 more games so im not to worried
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:

Sorry, but you asked.

How would we be lucky to get those six wins? None of those teams are better then we are and honestly the jags are the only team that kind of worries me as they always play us tough, but maybe with no Garrard it will be different.
Old 10-15-2011   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Will 6 more wins (including both wins against the Tacks and 2 outof 3 against the other two rivals) be enough?
That would put the Texans at 8-8 which might enough this year.
Old 10-15-2011   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Before the season started i picked them to go 10-6 and win the division. I seen the posibility of 12-4 but thought they would lose 2 that they should win which put me at 10-6. I had the Texans at 3-3 thru the first 6,so if they lose im still on pace but a win would be great. Texans TE need to have big plays early so in the 2nd half foster can run on a regular front det Balt out of 8-9 man fronts.
I think this is the gist of it.

Prior to this season, most of us were expecting the Texans to go 10-6 or 9-7. And most of us were expecting us to be 3-2 at this point with losses to the Saints and Steelers.

So we beat the Steelers and lose to the Raiders and the sky is falling.

And that's not a surprise, either. We're all still shell-shocked from last season and all the consecutive 5-7 starts. We've been trained to expect this team to fail.

At 3-2 or even 3-3, we're still in a pretty good position to win this division. Mathematically, to go 10-6 after starting 3-3, we don't even need to string a lot of consecutive wins together. Just a stretch of 3 wins minimum and we've done that before.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
How would we be lucky to get those six wins? None of those teams are better then we are
I didn't think the Raiders were better than the Texans either.

How many games have the Texans lost over the past 5 seasons to teams they should have beaten?

Again, sorry to be a wet rag, but the thread is asking for a prediction and this is mine. I honestly hope I've got it all wrong.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #14
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

6 years of Kubiak and we still havent reached double digit wins at the end of the season... so im saying 9-7 at best until he can prove me otherwise, which i hope he does.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

This the year just like the last five were.
Old 10-15-2011   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

A loss this Sunday, followed by two wins to put them at 5-3. Then they lose the month of November to find themselves at 5-7 for the 4th (5th?) straight year.

God, I hope not.
Old 10-15-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I didn't think the Raiders were better than the Texans either.
This is what worries me.

The Texans' offense simply didn't play well enough to beat an inferior team. It doesn't matter if it was play-calling or execution. The bottom line is that we failed to abuse a 29th rank defense that was missing it's 2nd & 3rd CB, middle LB in & out of the game, & Michael Huff at safety.

I expected the defense to struggle. The offensive struggles scares the bejeebus out of me.

I'm rooting for the Texans to win every week, I have high hopes for a strong Super Bowl run, but I'm not seeing a team that can do this.

I'm not making predictions, I'm not expecting anything. But, this is the easiest schedule we've had since Kubiak has got here, Peyton isn't playing, this is a golden opportunity.
Old 10-15-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Hey guys... IF the Texans' win the next two on the road, would you think they turned the corner?

Would you think they are the same old Texans?

At 5-2 would you think this is something different?
Old 10-15-2011   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thashark316 View Post
titans game is a trap game?

If the texans win tomorrow, they'll be 7-2 going into tb. Book that.
if !!!
Old 10-15-2011   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey guys... IF the Texans' win the next two on the road, would you think they turned the corner?

Would you think they are the same old Texans?

At 5-2 would you think this is something different?
I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. I'll be cautiously optimistic at 5-2. At 5-2, I won't be confident that we won't go on a 5 game losing streak.

Until I see 10 wins and/or we clench the division, I'll be cautiously optimistic.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read