Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2011   #21
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub/Texans Following an NFL Trend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
2010 - 8th
2009 - 4th
2008 - 4th
2007 - 5th
Ahhh, just what I thought - he's getting worse

Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #22
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 79596 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
18th in completion percentage.
This is the most telling stat IMO. His accuracy has been garbage for most of the season. His deep throw seems worse (how is that possible, I have no idea!), his short timing routes are terrible. Wonder how much of this can be blamed on the loss of OTAs and mini camps...but they did work out together for the most part and the offense is basically the same. The guy has just been "off" and his completion total shows that.
Old 10-16-2011   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
With the proliferation of the empty backfield sets, defenses can just pin their ears back. Go back to 1971, and teams often kept 2 backs in on passing downs to protect the QB. Now, they're hoping the lenient pass blocking rules and the microscopic QB target zones will protect the passer. Nope.
I'm going to get a little off the main subject here, but I hate it when we go with an empty backfield and the D (of course) does this. We've had no success with it, the last couple of games I know at least, and it just doesn't make sense for us to do that when our backfield is such a threat and keeps the D honest. Every time I see that lineup with no RB(s) in the backfield I cringe and know that the best case scenario will be Schaub throwing it away before he gets crushed...

I'm not saying the guys in the backfield always have to stay in to protect--in fact, I really like it when Foster starts in position for a run play and then goes out for a possible reception--but, at least one RB needs to be in place as a visual threat-to-run.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read