Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2011   #21
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our road to the playoffs goes through Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I guess you forget how .... wide open Kubiaks schemes got guy's like Dreessen and Vickers last week against the Raiders .... Its not like those guy's are going to "Beat" coverage very often its Kubiaks game scheme and planning that get them wide open.
No, believe me, I haven't forgotten how this team has lost close game after close game after close game and there are infinite woulda-shoulda-coulda scenarios such as the ones you just pointed out.

In the end the best rule of thumb I've heard from a football great within the last few years is the Bill Parcell's axiom which dictates: you are what your record says you are.

The Texans woulda-shoulda-coulda been in the playoffs season after season under Kubiak.

At some point you simply have to admit that the results of a Kubiak team are the product of Kubiak.

EDIT: And in spite of how this post may make it seem like I'm ready for Kubiak's head to roll, I submit that I still really like the man in a personal way and I sincerely hope he runs the table and shocks the nation.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #22
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
No, believe me, I haven't forgotten how this team has lost close game after close game after close game and there are infinite woulda-shoulda-coulda scenarios such as the ones you just pointed out.

In the end the best rule of thumb I've heard from a football great within the last few years is the Bill Parcell's axiom which dictates: you are what your record says you are.

The Texans woulda-shoulda-coulda been in the playoffs season after season under Kubiak.

At some point you simply have to admit that the results of a Kubiak team are the product of Kubiak.

EDIT: And in spite of how this post may make it seem like I'm ready for Kubiak's head to roll, I submit that I still really like the man in a personal way and I sincerely hope he runs the table and shocks the nation.
Yeah really the only team keeping us out of the playoffs is the Texans. We are more talented than any team in our division right now even with our injury situation. We just can't seem to put it together a full season
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #23
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Yeah really the only team keeping us out of the playoffs is the Texans. We are more talented than any team in our division right now even with our injury situation. We just can't seem to put it together a full season
The state of the AFC South this season is what makes 2011 the perfect final test for Kubiak.

Basically it's: if you can't win the division now, you're hopeless.

Like I said before, I sincerely hope he does. Not just because I'm a fan of the team but also because I like him. He's easy to root for. Good guy.
Old 10-14-2011   #24
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The state of the AFC South this season is what makes 2011 the perfect final test for Kubiak.

Basically it's: if you can't win the division now, you're hopeless.

Like I said before, I sincerely hope he does. Not just because I'm a fan of the team but also because I like him. He's easy to root for. Good guy.
Yeah I'd really like to see him win too. I think he's a good guy and he's brought a lot of talent with him. I was glad that he was given the extra season with a new DC. Ultimately though this season really rests with him. He's gotta work around his own limitations and get this team moving in the right direction.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #25
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I was glad that he was given the extra season with a new DC. Ultimately though this season really rests with him.
I resisted the move at first and thought bringing Wade on and blaming the entire 2010 collapse on Frank Bush was weak and wrong.

The idea grew on me though.

But last week seemed to prove my suspicions that the problem last year was not exclusively on the defense. The Texans could have put last week's game away early and didn't. The offense went to sleep.....

But here we are with eleven more games. I wish the hometown boy the best.
Old 10-15-2011   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
The Tits have played a lot better than I thought the would, but I think they will falter sown the stretch.
According to FootBall outsiders, the Titans are playing as well as we are. & they've had just as much to overcome (if not more) than we have......
Old 10-15-2011   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And at this point, we're 3-2 and on top of our division.

EDIT: And we're reacting to the Raiders loss as though we've already tanked the whole season.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 10-15-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Too quick send.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2011   #28
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102181 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I say the Road to the playoffs goes through Houston. Why not ?
Old 10-15-2011   #29
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And at this point, we're 3-2 and on top of our division.

EDIT: And we're reacting to the Raiders loss as though we've already tanked the whole season.
I know I've been a real buzz kill with my most recent posts. Sorry.
Old 10-15-2011   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know I've been a real buzz kill with my most recent posts. Sorry.
I just think we're so trained to panic that we start seeing the season has lost even before we've lost it. Which isn't to say we WON'T lose it, but they should at least be given the chance to piss it all away.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #31
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I just think we're so trained to panic that we start seeing the season has lost even before we've lost it.
Right. It's the "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" syndrome.

I've seen this movie before and it doesn't end well. Or perhaps the movie I'm watching this time around just seems identical to the last one but I'll be pleasantly shocked when this one has a happy ending.

My pessimism is a defense mechanism---I'm preparing myself for the worst because I don't want to be suckered again.

But I don't want to piss in anyone else's corn flakes.

;-))
Old 10-15-2011   #32
mmnut66
Rookie

Section: Bullpen 117 5,6

Well said Corrosion, I agree with you on the players needing to hold up their end.
such as Schaub on that last play, if he throws it away he would have one last shot at it with @ 1-3 secs left.

Anyway, fans and myself included must be getting that "here we go again" feeling when we see the same old mistakes being made by players or coaching calls.

Our defense must play lights out against Ravens. O-line must do better. Schaub must not play scared.
Gonna be a good game ,,,, Lets do this TEXANS!
mmnut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
According to FootBall outsiders, the Titans are playing as well as we are. & they've had just as much to overcome (if not more) than we have......
I hope that they keep on churning out those penalty yards the rest of the season. Munchak must be having to take a swig between every play.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #34
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Wish you had warned me that was from the Chron ..... I avoid that site as much as possible.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

All the Texans have to do is play like they can and win.
Old 10-15-2011   #36
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
All the Texans have to do is play like they can and win.
all they really need to do is score one more point than the other team

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read