Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2011   #1
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playbook : Texans to pull a shocking Win

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...xans-vs-Ravens

This video really pumped me up, the last minute or so, very exciting. Must see for all Texans!!!

Loosing Mario is a plus Brooks Reed needs to play like Clay Matthews lol

Shame on us, our offense just doesn't work without Andre.
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #2
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playbook : Texans to pull a shocking Win

I like it. Now the Texans need to do everything to get it done, offense, defense and special teams.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #3
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got one little fact for you guys, the texans under kubiak are 1-18 on the road against teams that post a winning record at the end of the season. And how Bob McNair continues to see kubiak as the guy to lead us to the promised land just boggles my mind.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharpe's video insert showed Brooks Reed making plays on the backside. Which I think he can do. Where I see problems for Reed and the Texans defense is the Ravens running at Reed.
Old 10-14-2011   #5
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Still trying to get over the disappointment of losing this past Sunday. Fantasizing about a big upset is all fine and well and it's something fans do I guess, but we all know they most likely lose in Baltimore this weekend which means they should have been going into Nashville next week @ 4-2 had they taken care of business against the Raiders as they should have.
"Good teams" win those games they are suppose to win, which makes me very concerned (again) that we have yet to arrive @ that staus ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
...but we all know they most likely lose in Baltimore this weekend...
If we know they are going to lose, then we know they aren't a very good team. Regardless whether it is coaching decisions, WR play, QB decisions, or a porous defense. It's not like the Ravens are the best team in football.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but if we don't think we are good enough to have a chance against Baltimore, then why do we think we had a chance against Oakland?

Quote:
"Good teams" win those games they are suppose to win, which makes me very concerned (again) that we have yet to arrive @ that staus ?
So why did New England lose to Buffalo? Why did Baltimore lose to Tennessee?

We're still early in the season, still don't know who is who outside of a few teams like Green Bay & New England. Everything else is up in the air.
Old 10-14-2011   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

AT HOME this Texans team might pull off the win. With AJ this Texans team might pull off the win.

But on the road without AJ against a team that has Ray Rice and Ray Lewis leading their team this is almost a sure loss. Texans lose by 10.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2011   #8
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Like i said in another thread, if i had to bet money on this game, i'd go with the Ravens at home...

But at the same time, i did feel the Texans would go 4-2 to start the season, and felt they'd lose a game they were supposed to win, and win one they weren't supposed to... I guess this is that game if i am to be correct in my prediction...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to put up or shutup. No more excuses & no more if this had happened or that call had gone our way; it's time to play football. I am sick that most of my enjoyment comes from the NFL draft. I can absorb a loss but need to see an outstanding team effort with good game plan and excellent coaching.
Old 10-14-2011   #10
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76298 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Still trying to get over the disappointment of losing this past Sunday. Fantasizing about a big upset is all fine and well and it's something fans do I guess, but we all know they most likely lose in Baltimore this weekend which means they should have been going into Nashville next week @ 4-2 had they taken care of business against the Raiders as they should have.
I think you take the Raiders too lightly, as they will end up being one of the better teams in the NFL this season under Hue Jackson. A 10-6 record for the Raiders is quite realistic when all is said in done; I don't figure they'll beat the Packers or Lions later in the season, and should split with the Chargers.
Old 10-14-2011   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see Brooks Reed doing much vs. Raiders.

He looked great in preseason, though. Oh I almost forgot: He was playing against 2s and 3s. (Sigh) It's going to be an uphill battle, I'm afraid.
Old 10-14-2011   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Like i said in another thread, if i had to bet money on this game, i'd go with the Ravens at home...

But at the same time, i did feel the Texans would go 4-2 to start the season, and felt they'd lose a game they were supposed to win, and win one they weren't supposed to... I guess this is that game if i am to be correct in my prediction...

So you didn't have them losing to both New Orleans & Pittsburgh before the season started? Which one of those games did you think they should win?
Old 10-14-2011   #13
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, i thought about putting it in the reply, but didn't feel like babbling:

Before the season I felt the Texans should have beaten Pitt, Indy, Miami and Oakland... I felt they should lose to NO on the road and Baltimore on the road... Funny, Vegas has felt it the same way...

Old 10-14-2011   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I think the Ravens should rightfully be favored, but that really doesn't mean much once the hitting starts. Any team in the NFL can beat another on any given Sunday.
Old 10-14-2011   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So you didn't have them losing to both New Orleans & Pittsburgh before the season started? Which one of those games did you think they should win?
So, 3-3 is what you expect from this team right about now?
Old 10-14-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
So, 3-3 is what you expect from this team right about now?
Not at all, but I didn't think Pittsburgh was a "should win" I had those three games as "could" wins New Orleans, Pittsburgh, & Baltimore, favoring the Steelers game, because it was at home.

Yes, I think we're talented enough to beat Super Bowl Contenders. Yes, I agree the bottleneck is in the same spot you think it is.
Old 10-14-2011   #17
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not at all, but I didn't think Pittsburgh was a "should win"
Understandable!

I felt going into the season the Steelers weren't getting any younger and at home with an improved defense (at least feeling it would be improved going into the season) it would be a game the Texans should win...

But yah, i can understand someone thinking differently on that, esspecially since we're talking the Texans here...

Old 10-14-2011   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Utterly classless by our fans to treat the Raiders like they were shit and that we should have rolled them 45-3.

I HATE the Raiders. With a ridiculous, blinding passion. I hate everything about them, especially their fans. I'm not afraid to say just how much I loathe them and how happy I get when I see them suffer. I get sick, twisted pleasure out of their misery.

That said, they're a good damn team. A very good damn team. Discounting them by saying "taken care of business against the Raiders as they should have" is so disrespectful it's not even funny.

Why anyone expected us to just destroy Oakland as if they're the "same old Raiders" is beyond me, and makes me question their football acumen.

Baltimore will be an uphill climb, but am I writing my boys off? No. I have complete and utter trust in Wade Phillips. His proof is in the pudding. If we were so close to beating them last year with our atrocious defense (remember, our defense put us in a position to have to muster up a miraculous comeback), then I see no reason why we can't compete again. Would be great to have Andre, but Mason will help. He's a reliable target if nothing else. I expect 5-8 receptions from him. And I really, really hope Tate or Ward (or both) are ready to go, because without Andre, we'll need versatility. It's going to be a very tight game, again. You guys better get the defribilators ready. Final score will be in the teens, decided by 2-5 points max.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #19
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
I got one little fact for you guys, the texans under kubiak are 1-18 on the road against teams that post a winning record at the end of the season. And how Bob McNair continues to see kubiak as the guy to lead us to the promised land just boggles my mind.
sooooo what your saying is we are due for a win, I mean the dice have to roll your way eventually right.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a strange feeling that the Texans pull this game off. When they have really bad games, they usually bounce back and surprise people and show them what they're capable of. It's when they win two straight games is when they usually falter. I think they can beat the Ravens. It's going to be a close one though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read