Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-13-2011   #1
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7330 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Update: B. Llyod traded to Rams for a conditional 5th

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Like him or dislike? i know we just acquired Mason but i liked what i saw from Lloyd last year...
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #2
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Broncos fielding trade offers for Lloyd

I'd say go for it

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #3
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Bring him in.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #4
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder who the third and (possible) fourth team are.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans are rumored to be in the mix.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we have the cap space? What does his contract look like?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

AJ, Brandon Lloyd, Derrick Mason, OD, Walter, Foster, Casey, Dreesen. Good luck stopping that.

There's almost a 0% chance of it happening but wouldn't that be awesome.
Old 10-13-2011   #8
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
AJ, Brandon Lloyd, Derrick Mason, OD, Walter, Foster, Casey, Dreesen. Good luck stopping that.

There's almost a 0% chance of it happening but wouldn't that be awesome.
Yeah, I don't think they want to get too carried away with mid season moves. After all, they've met their quota with 1 mid season trade in 5 years.
Old 10-13-2011   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be kind of awesome.

Don't tease me.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #10
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm I think our Coach and Gm have a connection with Den, maybe they can give Den a call? lol
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Hmm I think our Coach and Gm have a connection with Den, maybe they can give Den a call? lol
At this point, I think the owner is the only common denominator. That was two coaching staffs ago.
Old 10-13-2011   #12
Rick_Moon
Thank You

Section: 608, looking to move down.
Rep Power: 0 Rick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Do we have the cap space? What does his contract look like?
From the article

Quote:
Lloyd, 30, is being paid $1.395 million this season, a bargain for a receiver who led the league last season with 1,448 yards. He had 77 catches and scored 11 touchdowns.

Lloyd has 19 catches for 283 yards and no touchdowns this season.
Old 10-13-2011   #13
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
At this point, I think the owner is the only common denominator. That was two coaching staffs ago.
Kubs backed up Elway currently the executive vice president of football operations for the Denver Broncos
Old 10-13-2011   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Kubs backed up Elway currently the executive vice president of football operations for the Denver Broncos
Oh, yeah. I was just thinking about the coaching staffs. Forgot that Elway came back. Kubs also was the Offensive Coordinator for Elway's two Super Bowls.
Old 10-13-2011   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm the Texans I go ahead and do it. Offer a pick that could go to a 3 if certain numbers are met (but would likely be a 4 and turns into a 5 if he just flops here). Then I start working him in opposite AJ. My WR's this year are AJ. Lloyd, Walter, and Mason. JJ get a week to compete with Holliday for returns and if he can't outplay him he gets waived. Bryant Johnson is just out of luck. The talent pool just got deeper around here.
Old 10-13-2011   #16
srrono
Hall of Fame

Texans need to make this deal if not for anything else, just to stop the Titains from getting Brandon Lloyd.
We wont find a Brandon Lloyd caliber player in rounds 3-5 of next year's draft trade for him and resign him. He is in last year of his contract.
Old 10-13-2011   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

For a 5th, I'd do it. Could we trade Jacoby for him?
Old 10-13-2011   #18
silentassassin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
For a 5th, I'd do it. Could we trade Jacoby for him?
Don't know the exact details of what Denver's plans are, but I imagine shopping Jacoby's newly signed contract is a tough sell.
Old 10-13-2011   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If I'm the Texans I go ahead and do it. Offer a pick that could go to a 3 if certain numbers are met (but would likely be a 4 and turns into a 5 if he just flops here). Then I start working him in opposite AJ. My WR's this year are AJ. Lloyd, Walter, and Mason. JJ get a week to compete with Holliday for returns and if he can't outplay him he gets waived. Bryant Johnson is just out of luck. The talent pool just got deeper around here.
Great minds are thinking alike. LOL

Lloyd would immediately become the best WR2 in Texans history. Lloyd is also a very good blocker. That's very important in Garys ZBS scheme.

If I'm Gary/Rick I do it because getting Lloyd could keep me from getting fired. No need to save those draft choices for the next regime.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #20
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh hell yeah.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read