Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2011   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jason Taylor Possibility?

Taylor is a very good possibility since the Dolphins are going nowhere fast and I think Jason plans to retire next year.

A 6th or 7th rdr would benefit all parties involved.

Another guy I'd like for the Texans to take a looksee is Everette Brown.
He's a tweener 4-3 DE that's still a FA (6'1, 256 lbs.)
If Wade thinks he can get the guy to play OLB, it would not cost the team any draft pick.

He did play a little standing up in college, but not much more than Reed.
A former second rounder of the Panthers in 09, he had six sacks in two years playing mostly as a reserve 4-3 DE.

If he's willing to take the minimum, might be worth it.
Good motor and effort guy.
Won't cut it as 43 starter, but has possibility as a 34 OLB.
I actually like him a little better than Aaron Curry due to his blue colar work ethics.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #22
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
fify
and will more than likely go to the Raiders and be another great addition to their LB core....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #23
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
would have traded for Aaron Curry while he was still available. Raiders gave up a 7th this year and 5th next year for a 25 year old LB....
Which is kinda funny and a little sad because all we heard that draft was how he was the safest pick in the draft guaranteed starter for twelve years. Yup, that worked out.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #24
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd pull the trigger on this.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #25
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 557 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha all this trade talk just show how much kubiak and Rick smith jobs are on the line. Hey but whatever it takes for us to get in the playoffs I'm all for it.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #26
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Haha all this trade talk just show how much kubiak and Rick smith jobs are on the line. Hey but whatever it takes for us to get in the playoffs I'm all for it.
Haha ? Whats so funny about that ? ..... Too bad your job isnt on the line

We all knew going into this season its playoffs or bust for Kubiak and Co ... and McNair all but said as much.

They have lost their three best players for all or part of the season thus far and are still 3-2 ..... give it a rest.

There's 11 games to go ..... lets see what they bring .....

I didnt see a whole lot of drop off on the defensive side after MW left the game , Reed more than held his own.

As for adding Taylor , for a 6th-7th .... why not. How would his contract fit under the cap .... Im pretty sure the Texans are at or very near the salary cap.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #27
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Taylor would be exactly what this front 7 needs, a guy with experience and could help bring along Reed and could help Mario study and give him mental pointers. He would be an obvious pass rusher, but would create that double team that will be missing with Mario out. For a low draft choice, I would def. do it.

On a side note, I would also throw a 4th rounder at Denver for Lloyd. Even with Andre back, he could help our offense and would create more mis-matches for opposing teams.
Old 10-14-2011   #28
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Taylor would be exactly what this front 7 needs, a guy with experience and could help bring along Reed and could help Mario study and give him mental pointers. He would be an obvious pass rusher, but would create that double team that will be missing with Mario out. For a low draft choice, I would def. do it.

On a side note, I would also throw a 4th rounder at Denver for Lloyd. Even with Andre back, he could help our offense and would create more mis-matches for opposing teams.
Brandon lloyd to go with AJ, KW and DM... and OD.... and AF... holy cow. That makes this offense just plain scary. I'm a fan of this team and I would be scared.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Brandon lloyd to go with AJ, KW and DM... and OD.... and AF... holy cow. That makes this offense just plain scary. I'm a fan of this team and I would be scared.

Mike
Scared of a team quarterbacked by Schaub ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read