Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2011   #21
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Kubiak wired: NFL.com and on VS. NETWORK Thursday Night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree that it sounded forced. I never imagined Matt to be the fiery cheer leader type. I figured he would get with his guys one on one, let him know that he's counting on him, that he trusts them, that he's going to have to dig deep. "It's okay if he gets buy once or twice, but I need you to step it up here, we are not going to lose this game, but I can't do it without you."

I can even see him talking to his OL as a group.... face to face, looking at them while they are looking at him, "We got this guys... they aren't so tough.... I know it's tough, but hold your blocks for a second more & we'll make them pay."

But I wasn't buying all that, "I'm yelling at no one, but everyone at the same time, because this is what they say leaders are supposed to do!" stuff

LOL, maybe he did it knowing he was mic'd up...
Old 10-14-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Kubiak wired: NFL.com and on VS. NETWORK Thursday Night...

I've seen Super Bowl QBs do the exact same thing. I guess that's the perception issue between winning and losing.
Old 10-14-2011   #23
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm sorry but Matt Schaub doesn't sound convincing when he's trying to pump up his teammates. Maybe it works for them, but from my perspective it sounds forced and unnatural coming from him. Doesn't mean he's a bad qb, but he's a guy who's actions speak louder than this words. On the other hand Peyton (specially when he's whining), Brady, or Brees are great to hear during games. I would like to hear what Arian says during games, I bet he drops some good lines. And he and Tommy Kelly were going at it last week so it would've been interesting to hear those exchanges. And Kubiak sounds exactly as I imagined he would during a game. What a disappointment that game was.
Matt did sound like he needed a little bass in his voice. His teammates had their
heads down during Matt's high-pitched squeals.
Old 10-14-2011   #24
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Another thing, "Let's get this train riding.. " what the hell does that mean?

How 'bout, "Let's get this train roll'n"?

How 'bout, "Let's run a train on these beyatches..... "?

But, "Let's get this train riding..." ? Really?

Haha. Football players say some strange things during games. He might have been watching Thomas the Tank Engine with his kids or something. But I would use a bullet train analogy over a just regular train. Maybe even a freight train.
Old 10-14-2011   #25
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, is it just me or does Kubiak sound a bit like Hank Hill? I was expecting him to bust out with, "I sell propane and propane accessories" line.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read