Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Didn't Look Altogether Right

During the game, I commented to a couple of our TT members that I believed that Foster had re-injured his hamstring. During a play in the 1st half, he appeared to limp off the field. On a couple other shots later in the game, he had a rocking motion to his walk, usually associated with favoring of a lower limb injury. He did have a couple of nice runs later in the game........but these were unresisted. Our Oline, no doubt, looked pretty bad for the most part. But Foster did virtually nothing running between the tackles.....against resistance. He was getting nowhere....and not breaking any tackles. I keep trying to put this out of my mind. But the thought keeps creeping back in.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Didn't Look Altogether Right

I'll have to rewatch the game, but I thought it was a foot issue. Didn't he roll a ankle or got rolled up on?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #3
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was partly because Schaub was throwing so badly and or our receivers were running such bad routes that they could bring someone in to crowd the box against the run also.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #4
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

CND, they're primping out to everyone now that Dre is ready to star working, just got his stitches back.

Could you give us some perspective on AJ?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
CND, they're primping out to everyone now that Dre is ready to star working, just got his stitches back.

Could you give us some perspective on AJ?
Off subject, but I'll give a short thought summary. If there was an actual partial tendon repair, at least 6 weeks. If truly "just a clean up" of scar tissue, this would probably be from an old injury, still minimally 3-4 weeks. If a rupture of one of the small distal tendons with no attempt at repair, but possibly clean up, still 3-4 weeks........and with decreased knee flexion strength long term.

These are what I believe are "should be numbers." I have no idea what the "will be numbers" the Texans will try to go with.
Old 10-12-2011   #6
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

He did come off the field heavily favoring one leg. Sort of a mixture of hopping and skipping.

One of the bad things about being at the game, very little information / replays in the stadium. I usually txt friends for info.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I was there.

He limped off, same little "hitch in his get-along" that we've seen when he's left previous games with the hammy issue bothering him.

After sitting out one play, he tried to walk back onto the field but it appeared to me that Kubiak/Dennison called a certain "package/formation" that would have sent Arian to the sideline had he been in on the previous play...because Arian starts to walk onto the field and then personnel changes started happening and Arian turned on his heel, like a soldier doing an about-face, and was unhappy he had been forced to come to the sideline under such circumstances.

Instead of him inserting himself into the game, or having a confrontation/begging the coaches to be put back in (having to argue with them), the coaches called a personnel package that meant he had to stay on the sideline.

As soon as he came out with that limp, I stopped watching everything else and just focused on Arian to see if he tried to come back in. He did, and almost simultaneously a different personnel package occurred and it relegated him to the sideline.

Gotta' admire his guts and determination. He wants to win. Badly.
Old 10-12-2011   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Not going to agree (about the hammy...didn't really see THAT...)

He looked just fine in space on those screens/dumpoffs.

He did get his ankle rolled on that 1st drive. After a while, he was fine. Problem was, OL played like ****.
Old 10-12-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Not going to agree (about the hammy...didn't really see THAT...)

He looked just fine in space on those screens/dumpoffs.

He did get his ankle rolled on that 1st drive. After a while, he was fine. Problem was, OL played like ****.
The gait problems I saw were consistent with either hamstring, or even quad,........ but not ankle.
Old 10-12-2011   #10
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I absolutely recall when he came off the field and had that look on his face that said he'd reaggravated it.

Hope that's not true.

If it is, I sure hope Tate's back to full strength.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The gait problems I saw were consistent with either hamstring, or even quad,........ but not ankle.
You know what? As soon as I posted, I remembered what I saw on the injury report...

Arian was limited in practice..

due to his quad...Cloak wins. I'll pay you in 2 dollar bills. Or +rep...
Old 10-13-2011   #12
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Foster was limited in practice today due to a quad injury... you could be right.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5469/arian-foster
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be overly worried considering he had that long catch and run in the second half. One of the things I see happening though at least until the bye week is his practice reps will probably be limited. It will be nice to have 2 capable backs ready to fill in for him this week so he's not forced to play so many snaps.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #14
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured it was ankle because he appeared to be unconcerned. When Arian tweaks the hamstring, his reaction is expressive.

I didn't know that an unsteady gait was only associated to upper leg injuries. I guess concussions or a hit to the ear would be the only other cause, which is clearly not the case.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i wonder if foster will just be a flash in the pan like slaton was
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #16
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 101 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian also didn't show his normal sprinting capability, I do believe he will be fine this week as it is really only his 2nd and a half week back.
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #17
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i wonder if foster will just be a flash in the pan like slaton was
Definitely not.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #18
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

He said in an interview on 1560 that he limped off because he had a charley horse.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15057 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Off subject, but I'll give a short thought summary. If there was an actual partial tendon repair, at least 6 weeks. If truly "just a clean up" of scar tissue, this would probably be from an old injury, still minimally 3-4 weeks. If a rupture of one of the small distal tendons with no attempt at repair, but possibly clean up, still 3-4 weeks........and with decreased knee flexion strength long term.

These are what I believe are "should be numbers." I have no idea what the "will be numbers" the Texans will try to go with.
FWIW, Kenneth First reported on 610 this morning that AJ's injured hamstring was clipped off. And, he contended that if this were the Super Bowl, he'd be playing on Sunday, but he feels they'll hold him out until the Tennessee game.
Old 10-13-2011   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian took a good hit to the side of his quad early in the game. He did limp a little right after the play. I think it's just a muscle bruise.

Maybe he should wear some thigh pads like Earl used to wear. You could roof a small house with those things.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read