Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-06-2011   #1
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16894 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tech vs A&M: The Final Showdown

Night games in Lubbock are always a little crazy. This one is going to be certifiably, balls-out, monkeys-with-guns INSANE. Not only is this the last-ever conference game between two schools who royally hate each other, but each is perfectly set up to exploit the other's defensive weakness. Tech can't stop the run and A&M runs very well. A&M has a weak secondary and Tech still has a bunch of Mike Leach recruits playing on offense.

And then there's the matter of comebacks. Tech has started three of its games by giving up significant leads, while A&M has collapsed in the second half for two weeks straight. Let's see which coaching staff can fix its problems first.

If any Aggies are planning to go to this game, follow my advice: treat the student section like a wild predator. Don't make eye contact, don't antagonize it and don't run away--you'll give them the thrill of the chase. The safest place for you will be at the eastern portion of the north end zone. Also, the local weather forecasters predict a 20-50% chance of rain.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tech vs A&M: The Final Showdown

This ought to be the best game of the year for Tech. I expect the Aggies to win, but not by much...
Old 10-08-2011   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking forward to this game. Ags have only won one game in Lubbock since 1993, I expect the Red Raiders to protect our house and come out with a W.

Shoot em up!
Old 10-08-2011   #4
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@Bill_Byrne
Someone vandalized our buses in Lubbock. Excrement inside and outside of buses plus spray painted vulgarities on outside. Classy.
Quote:
@Bill_Byrne
@DaveNelAgDuck Highway Patrol has pictures and Lubbock police were contacted. Drivers cleaned buses. Bus 3 still reeks.
The buses were rented locally in Lubbock, likely Tech grad owners.

Stay classy Tech!
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The buses were rented locally in Lubbock, likely Tech grad owners.

Stay classy Tech!
What kind of excrement are we talking about here? Why haven't they supplied us with these supposed pictures? Do we even know what type of bus was rented? Just not enough details for me to form a conclusion here.

Sarcasm by the way. Pretty messed up if someone did that.
Old 10-08-2011   #6
Ckw

I can't say I'm surprised some douche bags from tech would pull a stunt like that. Very classy.

Obviously, I know all tech fans and graduates aren't scum of the earth as one of my best friends went to tech (and I also like you dc) but ever since the goal post incident, I have had less respect for tech fans than I have for Texas fans. Just a pathetic school with way too many low class fans in my opinion.
Old 10-08-2011   #7
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16894 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Messed up? Indeed. Someone ought to go to jail for that. But it's interesting how Aggies keep whining about class when they have these guys for cheerleaders:

Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2011   #8
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Now. Back to the game.

Tech has avoided the slow start this week, but I'm a little worried by how effective their passing game has been. I expected a good run game from them, but if they can balance their offense we're in trouble.
Old 10-08-2011   #9
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Early reports from Lubbock are that video evidence has named Mike Sherman a suspect in the bus defecation incident. It is believed that Sherman confused the bus for a half time lead
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

31-20 at the half. I really hope they don't blow this lead...
Old 10-08-2011   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

They just said the A&M bus was vandalized. Nice TTU, way to keep it classy.
Old 10-08-2011   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Ranger Tom;1796136]Messed up? Indeed. Someone ought to go to jail for that. But it's interesting how Aggies keep whining about class when they have these guys for cheerleaders:

I would rather not knock a school for tradition to be honest. Granted, A&M's traditions are dumb, but A&M is, well, A&M.

Honestly, I mean that in respect. Sorry, Aggles.
Old 10-08-2011   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know if this is posted:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/conversati...-raiders-logos

"LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas A&M 's team buses were vandalized before the Aggies played Texas Tech. Drivers found manure inside and outside the four vehicles.

A&M athletic director Bill Byrne said Saturday manure went "from one end to the other" inside one bus that couldn't be locked. The others had manure along the exterior. He tweeted that the outsides of all the buses had vulgarities "spray painted" on them.

"Classy," ended his first tweet.

It wasn't immediately clear why vandals targeted Texas A&M, though the Aggies are planning to leave the Big 12 after this school year for the SEC.

Texas A&M assistant police chief Mike Ragan, who's in charge of security when the Red Raiders travel to away games, issued a statement saying that the buses were peppered with Texas Tech logos in addition to profanities.

"Late Friday night or early Saturday morning, Texas Tech logos and some derogatory comments were written on the buses in washable paint," Ragan said.

The Aggies were accompanied by school security and a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper and no official report was made to the agency, an email from Aggies spokesman Brad Marquardt said.

Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt called the vandalism "unfortunate" and that it doesn't "represent who we are as a group."

The Red Raiders play the No. 24 Aggies on Saturday night."
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #14
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
Messed up? Indeed. Someone ought to go to jail for that. But it's interesting how Aggies keep whining about class when they have these guys for cheerleaders:

That sure is original. Make fun of the corp. Wow! Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Say what you want about Texas A&M. Make fun of how it used to be an all boys school; make fun of the yell leaders. But it's pretty low to make fun of the Corp of Cadets (even though many of the guys in it are total douches) because many of them go on to serve in our armed forces and whether you like the school or not, they deserve to be honored for their service and the sacrifice many of them make.
Old 10-08-2011   #15
Ckw

Really sad to see that happen to Eric Stephens. He is a heck of a player, and it looked like a brutal injury.

I wish him a quick recovery and hope he comes back at full speed.
Old 10-08-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

A friend of mine at the game said the Tech fans were cheering when Fuller was down on the field with a concussion. Classy again.

Honestly, Tech is the only school I really hate. Can't stand 99% of their fans and not seeing them ever again will be a great benefit of going to the SEC. I still don't believe any of the rumors that said they would be joining OU, Osu and UT in the Pac12. There isn't a single school in the NCAA that has such a despicable fanbase coupled with such poor academics. No way do these clowns go to the PAC when the Big12 dies. I hope they end up orphaned and die a slow miserable death as a program. Good riddance.
Old 10-08-2011   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
A friend of mine at the game said the Tech fans were cheering when Fuller was down on the field with a concussion. Classy again.

Honestly, Tech is the only school I really hate. Can't stand 99% of their fans and not seeing them ever again will be a great benefit of going to the SEC. I still don't believe any of the rumors that said they would be joining OU, Osu and UT in the Pac12. There isn't a single school in the NCAA that has such a despicable fanbase coupled with such poor academics. No way do these clowns go to the PAC when the Big12 dies. I hope they end up orphaned and die a slow miserable death as a program. Good riddance.
I heard that as well, and it makes me hate Tech even more. Great post.
Old 10-08-2011   #18
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

The fans were booing/cheering because they thought A&M players were faking injuries to slow down the uptempo offense. The broadcast even brought it up and its been a national topic for awhile. No one actually hopes someone is hurt or injured. I've been to an obscene amount of Tech games where we have cheered when opposing injured players get back up and make their way off the field to show a sign of sportsmanship
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #19
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
The fans were booing/cheering because they thought A&M players were faking injuries to slow down the uptempo offense. The broadcast even brought it up and its been a national topic for awhile. No one actually hopes someone is hurt or injured. I've been to an obscene amount of Tech games where we have cheered when opposing injured players get back up and make their way off the field to show a sign of sportsmanship
fuller is a wide receiver... who exactly was he trying to slow down?

tech is tech. pain in the ass fans but always good games.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #20
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
No, not this. Tech fans always boo when Aggie players are down. The announcers were just trying to come up with a reason, they had no clue.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read