Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-12-2011   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Austin watch party for Balt

We'll be in Austin Sunday, where are folks watching the game?!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin watch party for Balt

What part of town are you coming to?

There is always at least a decent gathering at Pluckers in Round Rock. That's where I go if I go out, I usually watch at home with the wife. It'd be cool to see you again and have a beer.

I have seen some other posters say that they go to Common Interest that is more centrally located.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 10-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-13-2011   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Austin watch party for Balt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Sorry, Hella busy trying to get out of town.

Staying at the intersection of 1 and 183?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-13-2011   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

Hmmmmm

I never really roll on that side of town that much unless I just pass through...can't think of anywhere that is good. I don't live far from there though, so if a bunch of people are down to meet up I may be down.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:

I believe that is real close to a few of the folks here, and very close to Common Interest as well. But I have no idea what kind of turn out they may have, perhaps others can answer.

Still not real far from Pluckers in RR either as another option. Hookinreds is usually there, DCTxTech is there sometimes, Mean Machine and a couple of others. Not sure how that has been lately, I usually watch at home unless the game is not televised and that has not been a problem.

I have no clue if I can make it or not, I forgot when I posted above that my wife is taking my teenage daughter to SA for the weekend for Fright Fest at Fiesta Texas for her birthday and I will have the other two kids. She is supposed to get home around game time so at all depends on that.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see where you end up going. I am sure some other peeps here will let you know of other possible locations.
Old 10-13-2011   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Hmmmmm

I never really roll on that side of town that much unless I just pass through...can't think of anywhere that is good. I don't live far from there though, so if a bunch of people are down to meet up I may be down.

Isn't that close to Common Interest? Either way jumping on either free way you can be down town in 15 minutes or in Round Rock in 10 minutes or so, he should have plenty of options. Dave and Busters is right there, don't know if they show the games?
Old 10-13-2011   #8
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Isn't that close to Common Interest? Either way jumping on either free way you can be down town in 15 minutes or in Round Rock in 10 minutes or so, he should have plenty of options. Dave and Busters is right there, don't know if they show the games?
Yeah, the only thing I could think of is D&B's but then I thought they may not have the games and prices there are high no?

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Usually kinda pricey, I don't go there often so I don't know if there are deals on Sunday.

The good thing is alot of places are a hop, skip and a jump away on either freeway especially compared to how sprawled out Houston is, so hopefully there will be a good venue for him to enjoy the game.
Old 10-13-2011   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Yep, Common Interest is pretty close.

8440 Burnet Road # 148
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 453-6796
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Who was it here that was trying to get people to go there?

There is also a Pluckers very close to that area too, although not as big and as good as the Round Rock location.
Old 10-13-2011   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We'll be in Austin Sunday, where are folks watching the game?!
Dude, that freaked me out to see "(blah) Watch Party in Austin (blah)" when I saw you that you started it! WTH are y'all doing in Austin, OSU nor Nebraska is in town?
Old 10-13-2011   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:

8440 Burnet Road # 148
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 453-6796

There is also a Pluckers very close to that area too, although not as big and as good as the Round Rock location.
We are 100% willing to go where ever the peeps are, just let us know!!!!!!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-13-2011   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dude, that freaked me out to see "(blah) Watch Party in Austin (blah)" when I saw you that you started it! WTH are y'all doing in Austin, OSU nor Nebraska is in town?
Lindsay's new job - she's up here for 2 weeks so I came up for a long weekend.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-14-2011   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

8440 Burnet Road # 148
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 453-6796

That place is pretty good. I went there a few weeks ago. Brisco was there also. Drinks are cheap and the food was decent.

I would normally jump right on this and I still might however I have to participate somewhat in a going away party on Sunday and I still don't know what time it starts. I hope early or late. If I can hook up with you Ryan I will do it.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
That place is pretty good. I went there a few weeks ago. Brisco was there also. Drinks are cheap and the food was decent.

I would normally jump right on this and I still might however I have to participate somewhat in a going away party on Sunday and I still don't know what time it starts. I hope early or late. If I can hook up with you Ryan I will do it.
I am in the same boat. My wife is taking our teenager to Fiesta Texas all day Saturday, staying at a hotel that night and not coming back to right around the start of the game on Sunday so I have no idea if I can make it since I have an infant and a 6 year old to take care of. I am hoping Ryan gets hooked up with some peeps that can definitely make it and I'll join if I can.
Old 10-14-2011   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
8440 Burnet Road # 148
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 453-6796
Ok, unless I hear otherwise that is where we'll be, but I am not hooking up with Kevin!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-14-2011   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, unless I hear otherwise that is where we'll be, but I am not hooking up with Kevin!
If you wear the face paint, I'll come and watch.

Old 10-14-2011   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
I PM'd hookinreds to see if he's going to be Pluckers in Round Rock. He used to be there every weekend, he can give a scouting report if he still goes.
Old 10-14-2011   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
If you wear the face paint, I'll come and watch.

Sorry, left it in Houston :P
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-14-2011   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

My suggestions (in no particular order):

The Yellow Rose
Expose
Sugars

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read