Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2011   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So How Much Will Leach and Pollard Help Baltimore on Sunday

Obviously Leach knows our run game and blocking schemes like the back of his hand. Pollard has seen our route combinations in practice for 2 years.

So how much do you think this will help the Ravens on Sunday? I know there has been some discussion about Sage with New York last season, and some worry about Dan Orlovsky joining the Colts in the preseason.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So How Much Will Leach and Pollard Help Baltimore on Sunday

Pollard? I'd he is playing might be Jacoby's chance to make some plays. Hope we go after Pollard hard.
Old 10-11-2011   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to take the Ravens basically falling down and forgetting how to be the better team for us to beat them.

I remember a Texans team that beat the Steelers, in Pittsburgh, with only defensive TDs and field goals. But I don't see that sort of crazy scenario happening this time with the Ravens.

People should just seriously watch the game with all expectations centering upon "This is probably a loss anyways..." and if we win, it's good, and if we don't you didn't needlessly get your hopes up just to have 'em dashed to pieces this Sunday.

Simple.
Old 10-11-2011   #4
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

While I don't know how much Leach or Pollard will be of help to Baltimore, I do know that Pollard is in "kill mode."

Eric Winston on the radio said they need to put Pollard into "coverage mode."
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's going to take the Ravens basically falling down and forgetting how to be the better team for us to beat them.

I remember a Texans team that beat the Steelers, in Pittsburgh, with only defensive TDs and field goals. But I don't see that sort of crazy scenario happening this time with the Ravens.

People should just seriously watch the game with all expectations centering upon "This is probably a loss anyways..." and if we win, it's good, and if we don't you didn't needlessly get your hopes up just to have 'em dashed to pieces this Sunday.

Simple.
That's definitely one way to do it.

Instead I'm going to remember that we can play with the Ravens. We can play with anyone. I just hope the Texans forget this is the kind of game they are supposed to lose & bring home a W.
Old 10-11-2011   #6
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Overall, we will see how this team is made of, which doesn't instill much confidence !

Last edited by phantom17; 10-11-2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: none
phantom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #7
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably our 2 toughest players from last year. At least they don't take shit off nobody.
Old 10-11-2011   #8
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Vonta: "Just an FYI, Coach...the Texans never audible out of a play. So if they call a run play, we can stack 10 in the box and they'll still try to run."

Harbaugh: "Tell me something we haven't known for 5 years now, Dr. Obvious."

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Vonta: "Just an FYI, Coach...the Texans never audible out of a play. So if they call a run play, we can stack 10 in the box and they'll still try to run."

Harbaugh: "Tell me something we haven't known for 5 years now, Dr. Obvious."
How would you know it's a run play? They all look the same. We run & throw out of the same formations, use the same motion, use the same personnel. What looks like a run play could easily be a passing play.

They won't know until Matt drops back, even then they can't trust what their eyes are telling them.
Old 10-12-2011   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's definitely one way to do it.

Instead I'm going to remember that we can play with the Ravens. We can play with anyone. I just hope the Texans forget this is the kind of game they are supposed to lose & bring home a W.
Ray Rice. Vonta Leach. Ravens defense. Road game AT the Ravens' stadium.

I like my idea better.

I just don't like the way it looks on paper, nor how it looks after watching the Texans completely fall apart in Quarters 2, 3, and the first 10 minutes or so of the 4th Quarter vs. the Raiders. In Reliant, by the way.

I'll obviously take the win, but man oh man I think it will take our guys wielding machetes and grenades to get it done vs. that Ravens team in their own house. They're licking their chops at this game.

It's time the Ravens paid us back for handing them a win last year.
Old 10-12-2011   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Im sure Leech is going to Blow up demco and Cushing
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Im sure Leech is going to Blow up demco and Cushing
I think Cushing is going to blow up leach.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: So How Much Will Leach and Pollard Help Baltimore on Sunday
The same way Derrick Mason will help us against Balty!

Old 10-12-2011   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Pollard will have a fun time covering OD/Dreesen. You HAVE to attack them to keep him out of the box.
Old 10-12-2011   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Leach will. Pollard will practically be on our team again with how many times he gets thrown on. Bet you anything he gets some stupid personal foul calls for trying to be tough against his old team.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #16
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanna see OD burn Pollard for a long TD. Watch Pollard bite on Play Action Passes all day. HOU 31 BALT 13
DONT CRAP ON MY DREAM LOL
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #17
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

lol.. have a feeling I'm gonna need some beer to watch the game this sunday.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
lol.. have a feeling I'm gonna need some beer to watch the game this sunday.
I think I'll main-line some vodka!
Old 10-12-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think I'll main-line some vodka!
Whiskey enema. You'll be in outer space within a few seconds.
Old 10-12-2011   #20
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Coach John Harbaugh said former HOU FB Vonta Leach has "really helped" the Ravens imitate the Texans' stretch zone running scheme
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read