Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2011   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Help us AJ, you're our only hope!!!

Watching the Texans' pass rush magically disappear was very disheartening on Sunday. He's not as important to the defense's success as AJ is to the offense but he comes pretty damn close. Teams have to gameplan for him which makes the players around him better. Now there is nobody in the front 7 except for Cushing (who looks like he's back to his overtrained athletic self) that merits that type of attention.

Antonio Smith is a steady vet who looked like a pro bowler this season due in large part to the attention Mario was getting. Now he will likely regress back to being just a solid scrappy starter. JJ Watt has shown flashes but you can only expect so much out of a rookie.

Now that Super Mario is out for the season I just gotta hope that AJ can make a miraculous recovery ASAP and put this team on his back to charge into the playoffs. Weak division this year due to each team's various injuries/inherent suckitude and every team in the AFC South keeps tripping over themselves trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :-(

Help us AJ, you're our only hope!!!
Old 10-11-2011   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help us AJ, you're our only hope!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Watching the Texans' pass rush magically disappear was very disheartening on Sunday. He's not as important to the defense's success as AJ is to the offense but he comes pretty damn close. Teams have to gameplan for him which makes the players around him better. Now there is nobody in the front 7 except for Cushing (who looks like he's back to his overtrained athletic self) that merits that type of attention.

Antonio Smith is a steady vet who looked like a pro bowler this season due in large part to the attention Mario was getting. Now he will likely regress back to being just a solid scrappy starter. JJ Watt has shown flashes but you can only expect so much out of a rookie.

Now that Super Mario is out for the season I just gotta hope that AJ can make a miraculous recovery ASAP and put this team on his back to charge into the playoffs. Weak division this year due to each team's various injuries/inherent suckitude and every team in the AFC South keeps tripping over themselves trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :-(

Help us AJ, you're our only hope!!!
I'm comin' as fast as I can, Marshal Dillon!

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see AJ 100% before he gets back out on the field and hurts someting .... worse.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ should just quit faking injuries already. We all know he's a cyborg from the 28th century sent back in time to break J.Rice's records.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #5
kingh99

Marshall Dillon or Grandpa McCoy?

The Karankawa Enron Burial Curse rolls on. Hayahoya HayainsiderHoyaselling Noseeum.
Old 10-11-2011   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I want to see AJ 100% before he gets back out on the field and hurts someting .... worse.
Absolutely! I would rather tread water for 4 or 5 weeks versus losing him for the balance of the season!
Old 10-11-2011   #7
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

I know things are going to be more difficult without Mario, but it's not like the rest of the defense will suddenly forget everything they have learned. I mean, after all, it's not like the defense is comprised of 11 clones of Jacoby Jones.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I know things are going to be more difficult without Mario, but it's not like the rest of the defense will suddenly forget everything they have learned. I mean, after all, it's not like the defense is comprised of 11 clones of Jacoby Jones.

Actually, I think Brooks Reed will fill in admirably for Mario.

I also think that Mario, because of an Incomplete Grade ("I" in school, IIRC) during a contract year will be "franchised" for next season.... Good things to come for this defense.
Old 10-11-2011   #9
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

I also think that Mario, because of an Incomplete Grade ("I" in school, IIRC) during a contract year will be "franchised" for next season.... Good things to come for this defense.
Franchise may not be the answer his franchise # is sloted at 20 million for the year. This may be last we see of Super Mario our defense will miss him if he moves on. Hopefully he is hungry to stay with phillips.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #10
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5502 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not buying that we lost all our pass rush when Mario went out. I thought we were pretty disruptive throughout the game. Personally, I'm excited to see the crazy Blitz packages Wade will bring now that he can be a little more flexible with our OLBs. Cushing and Demeco will have a lot of opportunities to be disruptive forces.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Absolutely! I would rather tread water for 4 or 5 weeks versus losing him for the balance of the season!
Or worse ..... come back and tear something to the point it ends his career.

Quote:

Didnt seem to be a very big drop off on the defense when MW went out .... I think Reed can handle it.

Depends on how the season plays out as to whats done with MW's contract ..... but I think its a good possibility he's franchised ..... who's his agent ?

Old 10-11-2011   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Or worse ..... come back and tear something to the point it ends his career.

Didnt seem to be a very big drop off on the defense when MW went out .... I think Reed can handle it.

Depends on how the season plays out as to whats done with MW's contract ..... but I think its a good possibility he's franchised ..... who's his agent ?

I'd rather us sign him long term, because the cost just got a little bit cheaper with his injury most likely. He was on pace for a career year and if Wade is still here, i think he would like to continue on padding his stats.
Old 10-11-2011   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
Marshall Dillon or Grandpa McCoy?

The Karankawa Enron Burial Curse rolls on. Hayahoya HayainsiderHoyaselling Noseeum.
That image is from .... Rio Bravo which Brennan appeared in with John Wayne , Dean Martin , Ricky Nelson , Ward Bond , John Russell and Angie Dickinson ..... Whole lotta stars from the era in that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'd rather us sign him long term, because the cost just got a little bit cheaper with his injury most likely. He was on pace for a career year and if Wade is still here, i think he would like to continue on padding his stats.
No guarantee that Wade is still here after this season .... which is why I said it all depends on how the season plays out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read