Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-11-2011   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arizona to host 2015 Super Bowl

Quote:
Arizona has won the right to host another Super Bowl, as the NFLís owners voted today to bring the game back to University of Phoenix Stadium in 2015.

The owners voted today to pick Glendale, Arizona over the other finalist, Tampa, Florida.

Indianapolis hosts the Super Bowl at the conclusion of this season, followed by New Orleans in 2013 and New York/New Jersey in 2014 before Arizona in 2015.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...izona-in-2015/
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arizona to host 2015 Super Bowl

Why is Houston not in the mix?

We did great on the national stage last superbowl and still have a new stadium.

Hmm...
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post

Hmm...
Why you ask.. well first off, Houston was given the Superbowl when the team was awarded here and the stadium was built. Most all new venues now are getting the same deal. The league does that, it is not voted on by the owners. Second is that in my opinion, Houston is a BIG market team, one of a few, and that when it comes to the revenue portion of things, they don't want to share the wealth to the smaller market teams. When it comes time to vote on a location, the smaller market teams have the numbers to vote on what market they want the SB to be in. Not always the best bid that wins it. If that were so, I am sure Houston and Dallas would have had more opportunities to host SB then they have.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #4
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post

Hmm...
If the SB comes back to TX, I'm almost sure it'll be in Arlington again. They can sell 30K more seats up there, and if you assume that the average SB ticket is $1500 (correct me if I'm wrong here), that's $45M. I don't see the league leaving that kind of money on the table when sending the SB to TX again.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #5
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

2014 in New York is the dumbest idea EVER! Superbowl, in NY in freaking early February, in an OPEN AIR STADIUM?

HA!
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
If the SB comes back to TX, I'm almost sure it'll be in Arlington again. They can sell 30K more seats up there, and if you assume that the average SB ticket is $1500 (correct me if I'm wrong here), that's $45M. I don't see the league leaving that kind of money on the table when sending the SB to TX again.
Not so sure about that. The events in North Texas were way too spread out since every city up here wanted a piece of the pie. Even without the ice, it would have been bad. At least Houston had everything centralized in and around the Loop. DFW's Super Bowl was a disaster.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Not so sure about that. The events in North Texas were way too spread out since every city up here wanted a piece of the pie. Even without the ice, it would have been bad. At least Houston had everything centralized in and around the Loop. DFW's Super Bowl was a disaster.
I disagree with this assessment just because your take on Houston is dead wrong. The main complaint of EVERY media and outside presence here was the way Houston was set up and spread out. They may have had the main people downtown but most people were put out off of 59 and way out and it took them hours daily to get to where they had to go. Houston will never get another SB because people just don't like going there and it isn't a good set up no matter how well it was pulled off. I thought that week was awesome but I heard nothing but complaints. DFW had alot of issues but people still like JerryWorld and it will get in the mix again. Overall there should only be a rotation of Miami and San Diego. Good weather and outdoors. I know people love NO but I hate seeing SBs on TV played in domes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read