Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-10-2011   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wow (Lions 5-0)

The Lions are going to 5-0. Three of their wins came on the road, and
they play like a young team that knows what the hell it's doing. This,
only two seasons removed, from 0-16.

The difference??

They didn't keep their head coach on the payroll with the hopes
he'd "figure it out," and that "continuity (no matter the results)"
is the key to success.

Fire the coach, give another guy a chance, and you just might have
a winning combination.

I hope Texans' fans are watching this game. Let this be a lesson to
ALL of you. Don't call me a "hater" for having the misfortune of wearing
this accurate-as-hell signature for well over a full season.
Old 10-10-2011   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow

WOW is right.

Way to start a new thread supposedly about the Lions to post yet another negative comment about the Texans.
Old 10-10-2011   #3
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

If Texans dont make playoffs he should be fired! i just hope the coach that comes dont restart every thing take us back to a 43 def, throw away our zone blocking run scheme. Get a coach that id able to recognize whats working and use it ,but that is a lot to ask for. Change everything 3 year rebuilding plan eww.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #4
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt disgusted watching this game. This team could have been us, those roudy fans could've been Houston. All the suckass teams of the decade are finally stepping it up besides the Texans. Months of offseason hype and potential always bring us back to 5-7 every damn year. Other teams actually know how to build on top of each season. I felt going into this season that the Lions had a team to compete this year but then again I also felt that way about the Texans pretty much every year so I thought they must be the same type of mediocre team. Shocking how it turned out. Lions utilize their talents while Texans fall 3-2 to the raiders
Old 10-10-2011   #5
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Martz is getting his QB killed. Making Cutler take 7 step drops while the Lions' DE are lined up way wide. IDIOTIC
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
WOW is right.

Way to start a new thread supposedly about the Lions to post yet another negative comment about the Texans.
Let me define your word for ya:

"negative" = TRUTHFUL

Whether the truth is positive or negative is not in my control. That
responsibility belongs to Gary Kubiak.
Old 10-10-2011   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Let me define your word for ya:

"negative" = TRUTHFUL

Whether the truth is positive or negative is not in my control. That
responsibility belongs to Gary Kubiak.
Well I just know that every post I have seen you write has been 'truthful'.
Old 10-10-2011   #8
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
I felt disgusted watching this game. This team could have been us, those roudy fans could've been Houston. All the suckass teams of the decade are finally stepping it up besides the Texans. Months of offseason hype and potential always bring us back to 5-7 every damn year. Other teams actually know how to build on top of each season. I felt going into this season that the Lions had a team to compete this year but then again I also felt that way about the Texans pretty much every year so I thought they must be the same type of mediocre team. Shocking how it turned out. Lions utilize their talents while Texans fall 3-2 to the raiders
I totally agree with this. I don't think the "overreaction" following losses (especially the most recent one) is unreasonable. It's extremely difficult to isolate each season, because the experiences over the last few years have been so similar. I'm fed up with watching crap teams-no matter how bad a schedule they had or how fortunate they were-have at least some success, while we've gone through virtually the same thing year after year.

I still have hope that, worst case, the home team will find a way to stumble into the playoffs; but seeing teams that were the epitome of incompetence over the last few years step it up and the Texans being left behind(mostly their own fault) sucks.

That being said, I'll find myself in ultimate homer mode by Sunday morning when they show shots of Texans warming up during the pregame show.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Well I just know that every post I have seen you write has been 'truthful'.
For the record, at one point in time Dexman was a huge Kubiak supporter and would argue on his behalf to anyone that would listen.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Wow (Lions 5-0)

Quote:

The difference??

is the key to success.

a winning combination.

Do you remember a few years back starting a similar thread about the 49ers?

How'd that work out for the 5-0 49ers?
Old 10-10-2011   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Typical loser talk.

Congrats to the Lions, and all my fellow Michiganians, but I'm dreading the phone call from my Dad. He and I have been going back and forth the last few years about the Lions vs. the Texas. I've been pretty smug about the fact that the Texans will get to the playoffs before the Lions. It's a running joke between us.

F--k.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #12
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The difference??

is the key to success.

a winning combination.

Dex,

I'm from Michigan, and, trust me, I have had my eye on the Lions. This is flat out embarrassing. They were the worst team in history a few short years ago.
Old 10-10-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Typical loser talk.

Congrats to the Lions, and all my fellow Michiganians, but I'm dreading the phone call from my Dad. He and I have been going back and forth the last few years about the Lions vs. the Texas. I've been pretty smug about the fact that the Texans will get to the playoffs before the Lions. It's a running joke between us.

F--k.
Typical loser.
Old 10-10-2011   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, they've been up, and back down, and now they're 4-1 I believe. Things change quickly in the NFL unless you're Houston and waiting on Gary. Have we ever been 5-0? Ever been 4-1?

Nope.

We're so stagnant and afraid of change. At the end of last season people were crying about how if we hired Cowher he'd blow up our 4-3 that hadn't done a damn thing since the day Gary showed up with Richard Smith and implemented it and now that Wade has installed his 3-4 I just finished reading a post where somebody was starting the "but what if a new coach wants to change us back to a 4-3?"
Old 10-10-2011   #15
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Typical loser.
Say what you want. But I will never apologize for having standards, being competitive and wanting to win. NEVER. If that makes me a loser, then, so be it.

I would much rather have my opinions and convictions and stick to them that do the middle-of-the-road bullshit you're always doing. You are afraid to take a stand on anything, and always have a "well, maybe, maybe not" attitude about things because you're afraid of being wrong. Grow a pair, dude.
Old 10-10-2011   #16
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yeah, they've been up, and back down, and now they're 4-1 I believe. Things change quickly in the NFL unless you're Houston and waiting on Gary. Have we ever been 5-0? Ever been 4-1?

Nope.

We're so stagnant and afraid of change. At the end of last season people were crying about how if we hired Cowher he'd blow up our 4-3 that hadn't done a damn thing since the day Gary showed up with Richard Smith and implemented it and now that Wade has installed his 3-4 I just finished reading a post where somebody was starting the "but what if a new coach wants to change us back to a 4-3?"
Wow. No joke? That's just...sad.
Old 10-10-2011   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How'd that work out for the 4-1 49ers?
Nothing to look at here, just a win/loss total correction. Carry on.
Old 10-10-2011   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:

When Singletary couldn't deliver that 5-0 start into playoff appearances,
the Niners didn't hesitate to fire his ass. Now Jim Harbaugh, former
Colts quarterback, has that SAME 49er team leading their division at
4-1.

Singletary didn't get SIX YEARS. I guarantee Harbaugh won't if
he doesn't deliver RESULTS. Excuses should not trump results, as
they seem to do down here in Houston.
Old 10-10-2011   #19
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Nothing to look at here, just a win/loss total correction. Carry on.
Lol. And that was a couple of 49er coaches ago.

Despite what many Texans fans think, a team doesn't necessarily fall apart when a coach is fired. Sometimes, that team advances. Just saying.
Old 10-10-2011   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
When Singletary couldn't deliver that 5-0 start into playoff appearances,
the Niners didn't hesitate to fire his ass. Now Jim Harbaugh, former
Colts quarterback, has that SAME 49er team leading their division at
4-1.

Singletary didn't get SIX YEARS. I guarantee Harbaugh won't if
he doesn't deliver RESULTS. Excuses should not trump results, as
they seem to do down here in Houston.
Yep. For some reason, fans here think that bringing in a new coach automatically means another 5-year plan. That would be true - if we had zero talent. But, we have some pieces here. A new coach could possibly get us turned around fairly quickly.

One more thing: Singletary was fired in YEAR TWO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read