Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: total sacks by Brooks Reed now
1-2 2 3.08%
3-4 3 4.62%
5-6 3 4.62%
7-8 14 21.54%
9-10 23 35.38%
11-12 14 21.54%
13+ 0 0%
all of the sacks. feed the sack monster 6 9.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2011   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many sacks for Reed now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

what does that mean?
I think it means: jzo

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

what does that mean?
Must spread rep.

I didn't know what it meant until about a month ago...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Must spread rep.

I didn't know what it meant until about a month ago...
oh.
where's the "DUH!!!" smiley?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #24
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

DOH! I voted 5-6 but that was thinking 5-6 MORE! Didn't notice the OP was Oct. 10th. So mark me down 11-12.

That is all.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope to see Barwin, Reed and Watt/Smith get one sack each against Jville, minimum
Old 11-22-2011   #26
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
It seems Connor Barwin's stock has dropped pretty damn quick for a guy who hasn't done anything wrong.
I noticed that too. I thought he's been playing well. Not better than Reed but pretty well in his own right. He's got decent numbers in essentially his 2nd year and 1st as a starter and 1st year in the right position not some situational pass rusher. I did think he would blow the roof off this year which hasn't happened but he's way, way far away from being a scrub. Reed is about 2 more sacks from de-roofing any expectations for me. FEED THE SACK MONSTER!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
msr.

Quote:

what does that mean?
Must Smoke Reefer

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2011   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Must Smoke Reefer
oh.
That'll have to wait until I retire. They do drug tests where I work.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
oh.
That'll have to wait until I retire. They do drug tests where I work.
Oh, they'll stop that if you get them to smoke it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Must Smoke Reefer
MSR = Must Spread Rep
Old 11-23-2011   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It seems Connor Barwin's stock has dropped pretty damn quick for a guy who hasn't done anything wrong.

Lets not forget that its Reed who is playing the position designed to rack up the stats in this D and Barwin is still playing really well from the other side.

If they do resign Mario (and as I've stated before, I think Mario has the chance to become one of the best in the NFL at that position, but I wouldn't be signing him if the deal can't be made reasonable, there isn't the drop off we may have expected, and the chance to upgrade at other positions surely has to play a factor), but as I was saying, if they do resign Mario, that is one hell of a rotation to have, and possibly opens up some other options like rotating Mario to DE and spelling Watt or Smith now and again as well.
For the season, both Barwin and Reed have 5 sacks.
Barwin has 5 passes batted down as opposed to 2 for Reed.
Barwin has 14 QB Hits as opposed to 10 for Reed.
Barwin leads the team in these last two categories.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #32
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
For the season, both Barwin and Reed have 5 sacks.
Barwin has 5 passes batted down as opposed to 2 for Reed.
Barwin has 14 QB Hits as opposed to 10 for Reed.
Barwin leads the team in these last two categories.
Completely agree with the point you're making, everybody seems to have forgotten how well Barwin is playing opposite Reed, we have 3 great OLB's on the team, although Barwin has likely played a few more snaps on the season, his stats stack up, he's disruptive.

We're all excited about the second round rookie doing well, but seem to have forgotten about Barwin who is coming off a horrible injury last year, changing positions, and effectively only playing his 2nd season of football, and his first as a starter. The upswing is there for both players. I can honestly say I won't feel too bad if Mario walks in the offseason, I'll see it as a move to strengthen the team as a whole even though I love what I think he can become at OLB.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Completely agree with the point you're making, everybody seems to have forgotten how well Barwin is playing opposite Reed, we have 3 great OLB's on the team, although Barwin has likely played a few more snaps on the season, his stats stack up, he's disruptive.

We're all excited about the second round rookie doing well, but seem to have forgotten about Barwin who is coming off a horrible injury last year, changing positions, and effectively only playing his 2nd season of football, and his first as a starter. The upswing is there for both players. I can honestly say I won't feel too bad if Mario walks in the offseason, I'll see it as a move to strengthen the team as a whole even though I love what I think he can become at OLB.
Hopefully it gives the Texans some leverage in negotiation with Mario.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nope, Barwin plays a huge role in my trade Mario scenario.
Old 11-23-2011   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Nope, Barwin plays a huge role in my trade Mario scenario.
& I'm perfectly fine with trading Mario if both Connor & Reed continue to improve.

With help, someone getting 8 sacks or so (along with all the rushes, hits, etc... ) I figured Mario would get 14-20 sacks a year. He would be that monster, that game changer we all want him to be.

8 + 14 = 22

So, if Connor & Reed combine for 22 sacks & we get to a spot where we don't have to blitz so much, I'd be fine with trading Mario.

If you've been watching NFLN lately, you'd have seen the talk that the Buccaneers have shown the league how to beat the Packers (even though they didn't beat the Packers). Getting pressure with your front 4, playing man on the outside & zone across the middle.

If you've been watching the Jets over the last three years, you'll know relying on the blitz will hurt you once you start playing quality teams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read