Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-10-2011   #1
TrueNorth
Rookie

Section: unknown
Default Heading in from IAH

Hi
I'm going to be in at the end of the month and planning to catch the Texan's laying one on the Jags. I've got the typical out of towner problem of being based out at the airport(Bush) so i'm wondering if i just suck it up and transit it on the rail or if there are bars or bus events that start out around the airport.
Caught an event in Chicago where we bought tix for the event,ride and brews along the way so i'm guessing there is something similar for a Texans game.

Any suggestions or should we just get tix off ticketmaster/exchange and get down to the stadium by mid morning?

many thanks
TrueNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #2
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Heading in from IAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Hi
I'm going to be in at the end of the month and planning to catch the Texan's laying one on the Jags. I've got the typical out of towner problem of being based out at the airport(Bush) so i'm wondering if i just suck it up and transit it on the rail or if there are bars or bus events that start out around the airport.
Caught an event in Chicago where we bought tix for the event,ride and brews along the way so i'm guessing there is something similar for a Texans game.

Any suggestions or should we just get tix off ticketmaster/exchange and get down to the stadium by mid morning?

many thanks
I don't think they have special buses from the airport -> stadium, although someone may volunteer to pick you up on the way in.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Be sure to take a later flight out after the game. IAH is f-a-r from Reliant. Give yourself ample time to get there.
Old 10-10-2011   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If there's anything in Houston like you experienced in Chicago, I don't know anything about it. There is no rail between the airport and Reliant either. You have to catch it from downtown. Are you staying overnight? Depending on traffic, Reliant is at least 45 min from the airport, longer depending on the time of day. Allow some extra time if you plan to taxi or shuttle into/out of downtown. Definately plan to be at Reliant by mid morning though! Come on by the Blue Crew and we'll have a few beers for ya, and lots of good old TEXAS food! Check the tailgating section for the Platinum lot for a map. Our crew would be happy to have ya!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #5
TrueNorth
Rookie

Thanks all. We are in training for a couple weeks and luckily the game is in the middle of all that fun. Anyways, if there is a good link or info on what is frowned on and what works, enlighten me. Texans site says no solicitation(money changing hands) ... but i gotta say i am really hoping to sample some tailgate bbq, a little chit chat, some music and more or less be amazed.
Old 10-10-2011   #6
TrueNorth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
If there's anything in Houston like you experienced in Chicago, I don't know anything about it. There is no rail between the airport and Reliant either. You have to catch it from downtown. Are you staying overnight? Depending on traffic, Reliant is at least 45 min from the airport, longer depending on the time of day. Allow some extra time if you plan to taxi or shuttle into/out of downtown. Definately plan to be at Reliant by mid morning though! Come on by the Blue Crew and we'll have a few beers for ya, and lots of good old TEXAS food! Check the tailgating section for the Platinum lot for a map. Our crew would be happy to have ya!!
Thanks, will definitely be through the Blue/Platinum area. Lots of good reading on here and bull pen. Not sure if i'm up for bull pen activity through the game but i'm searching seats in the general area
Old 10-19-2011   #7
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Thanks all. We are in training for a couple weeks and luckily the game is in the middle of all that fun. Anyways, if there is a good link or info on what is frowned on and what works, enlighten me. Texans site says no solicitation(money changing hands) ... but i gotta say i am really hoping to sample some tailgate bbq, a little chit chat, some music and more or less be amazed.
Welcome! I'd say to stop by the Blue Crew Tailgate (located in the Platinum lot right in front of the stadium). Speaking from experience, everyone is super friendly and they'll treat you right! Plus, the food selection is tremendous and the hospitality is second to none. Plenty of food, drinks and good conversation.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read