Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-24-2005   #1
texansfan88
All Pro

Default Top Undrafted Free Agents

FIRST SIGNINGS OF PFA/FA:

Martin Patterson, LB, TCU (Philadelphia), Derek Wake, LB, Penn State, (NY Giants), C.J. Brooks, OL, Maryland (Oakland), Jamaica Rector, WR/RT, NW Missouri State (Dallas), Ryan Grant, RB, Notre Dame (NY Giants), Marcus Lawrence, LB, South Carolina (Carolina), Taquy Muhammad, CB, South Carolina (Baltimore).

ARIZONA is likely to sign FA defensive linemen
BALTIMORE is likely to sign FA offensive linemen and cornerbacks
BUFFALO is likely to sign FA defensive linemen and a kicker
CHICAGO is likely to sign FA defensive tackles, tight end and a kicker
CLEVELAND is likely to sign FA running back, defensive tackle, linebacker and a kicker and punter
DALLAS is likely to sign FA offensive linemen, safety, fullback, wide receiver and a kicker
DENVER is likely to sign FA wide receiver and linebacker
GREEN BAY is likely to sign FA tight end, offensive linemen and linebacker
INDIANAPOLIS is likely to sign FA defensive linemen and a punter
JACKSONVILLE is likely to sign FA defensive linemen, outside linebacker and a return man
MIAMI is likely to sign FA offensive and defensive linemen, quarterback, defensive backs and a kicker
NEW ORLEANS is likely to sign FA tight end, running back, linebacker and a kicker
NY GIANTS is likely to sign FA fullback, linebacker, safety, wide receiver and a kicker
PHILADELPHIA is likely to sign FA wide receivers, tight end and a fullback
PITTSBURGH is likely to sign FA offensive and defensive linemen
SAN FRANCISCO is likely to sign FA defensive linemen, wide receiver, defensive back and a kicker
TENNESSEE is likely to sign FA offensive linemen, wide receivers and a kicker

QB

Haldi, Josh Northern Illinois

Guidugli, Gino Cincinnati

Rix, Chris Florida State

Allen, Jared Florida Atlantic

Randall, Bryan Virginia Tech

RB

Harris, Kay-Jay West Virginia

Reyes, Walter Syracuse

McLendon, T.A. North Carolina St

Grant, Ryan Notre Dame

Hudson, Ray Alabama

WR

Davis, Josh Marshall

Savoy, Steve Utah

Stovall, Chauncey Florida State

Stubblefield, Taylor Purdue

Manus, Tommy Morgan State

Johnson, Dante Graceland, IA

TE

Bergen, Adam Lehigh

Curtis, Tony Portland State

Cross, Garrett California

Sesay, Victor Missouri

Knott, Eric Michigan State

OT

Munoz, Michael Tennessee

Watson, Mike West Virginia

Doty, Jon Kansas State

Lorenz, Mike Wisconsin

Wallace, Kyle Georgia Tech

Davis, Morgan Wisconsin

Farrow, Amariah Midwestern State, TX

OG

Johnson, Cedric Clemson

Clinkscale, Jonathan Wisconsin

Brooks, C.J. Maryland

Buckles, Doug Mississippi

Alston, Jonathon South Carolina

C

Wilkerson, Ben LSU

Carter, Vince Oklahoma

Respert, Jason Tennessee

Manfredda, Marc Cal Davis

Clement, Jelani Hampton

DE

Davis, Jim Virginia Tech

Gause, George South Carolina

Ficklin, Tony San Jose State

King, Tyler Connecticut

Fraser, Simon Ohio State

DT

Alexander, Lorenzo California

Bulman, Tim Boston College

Burt, Larry Miami (OH)

Crochunis, Vince Pittsburgh

Coleman, Eric Clemson

OLB

Wake, Derek Penn State

Harris, Marques Southern Utah

Pollard, Jonathan Oregon State

Harrison, Arnold Georgia

Enzor, Jamar Cincinnati

ILB

Lawrence, Marcus South Carolina

Goolsby, Mike Notre Dame

Patterson, Martin TCU

Kinney, James Missouri

CB

Browner, Brandon Oregon State

Elimimian, Abraham Hawaii

McKenzie, Chris Arizona State

Fontenot, Therrian Fresno State

Williams, Aric Oregon State

FS

Butler, James Georgia Tech

Harris, Jermaine South Carolina

Body, Patrick Toledo

Meeuwsen, Mitch Oregon State

Scalley, Morgan Utah

SS

Shazor, Ernest Michigan

Brimmer, Jamaal UNLV

Bigby, Atari Central Florida

Jackson, Jamacia South Carolina

Weeks, Marquis Virginia

Green, Alex Duke
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #2
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the Info
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i guess someone didn't get enough of the draft...haha...thanks for the info
Old 04-24-2005   #4
texansfan88
All Pro

haha its my job unfortunately. I'm actually working on some of those guys up there right now trying to get them on some teams here in the near future.

TEXANS BRING IN JELANI CLEMENT PLEASE!

The work on 2006 nfl draft starts tommorow
Old 04-24-2005   #5
Grizzled
Rookie

Seattle has apparently signed RB Jesse Lumsden a Canadian kid who played Canadian University football last year.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...er%3Fid%3D9087
Grizzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #6
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
haha its my job unfortunately. I'm actually working on some of those guys up there right now trying to get them on some teams here in the near future.

TEXANS BRING IN JELANI CLEMENT PLEASE!

The work on 2006 nfl draft starts tommorow
Are you an agent?
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #7
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

as of now the vikes are being the most aggressive in the udfa market...i would think with the few picks we had that we would be more aggressive in the fa market than in previous years...wouldn't mind munoz, browner, butler, brimmer, lawerence, and anyone else just to give more competition to all spots in training camp...i think we have like 11 spots open...lets signed 11 guys
Old 04-24-2005   #8
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
Are you an agent?
no, but i feel like one on night's like these
Old 04-24-2005   #9
texansfan88
All Pro

UPDATE: Jelani Clement's possibility of being one of the UFA pickups for the Texans is increasing. Will have to work hard to make the team, but is a better long snapper than Pittman
Old 04-24-2005   #10
texman8
Veteran

Kay-Jay Harris RB
Wilkerson/V. Carter C
Clinksdale OG
Brimmer S
Wake / Lawrence LB
any DL UFA
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #11
texansfan88
All Pro

uhhh what?
Old 04-24-2005   #12
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm assuming that's who he wants us to make a run at...Any word on Shazor, Browner, or Wilkerson? I heard a Wilkerson to Miami rumor, but I'm not sure the validity of it...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #13
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I'm assuming that's who he wants us to make a run at...Any word on Shazor, Browner, or Wilkerson? I heard a Wilkerson to Miami rumor, but I'm not sure the validity of it...
Right now, Wilkerson, Carter, and Clement are being reviewed by Miami. For a little while tonight, it seemed as if Clement was the front runner for Miami, but I think he might get a shot to get an invite to the Texans camp instead.

If Clement goes anywhere, the 4 most likely destinations are Houston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, or Miami
Old 04-25-2005   #14
Holden135
Veteran

I think Vince Carter would be a good pick. He was a great player in college and Peterson wouldn't have had the year he did without a good line. I don't see why we wouldn't make a bid at him since it would be a low cost, low risk gamble. I also like Shazor, our only weakness in the secondary now is ss and he could at the very least push the other guys into better performances.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

If we signed Shazor, it wouldn't be to play SS...We're trying to add speed to the D, and he just doesn't have it...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #16
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder why no one has picked up Brandon Browner... He seems like a prime canidate for a FS project. Maybe we could pick him up to back up Coleman. We could use the depth.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #17
cadahnic
All Pro

Browner, Wilkerson, Shazor, Munoz, Brimmer, and Jonathan Clinkscale would be the guys that I would be going after like their was no tomorrow. I think all of them have a better chance of making our team over Pettway, Anderson and some of the other guys who are lower on the totem poll. Shazor and Browner are very interesting prospects since each is a NE versatile type player. Shazor could play ILB and inject some speed into the posistion and Browner can play the FS and CB if neccessary which would make Jason Simmons job in jeopardy. Munoz and Wilkerson will likely have decent careers if someone just gives them the chance. Munoz can be very good when he is not injured and Wilkerson would provide depth at the center but mainly the guard posisiton.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Munoz please. He is a very good player as was his dad but that isn't the reason why I would want him on our team. He dominates.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

According to CC on 610 this morning, we have signed a couple of FAs and will not release details until contracts are signed. Likely by Thursday.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! I didn't know Reyes was still available. Seems like everytime I saw him play he made big plays for Syracuse. Also, Victor Sesay (TE) can be a good player in this league. There are some interesting names on this list. Chris Rix was thought to be a top QB prospect just a few years ago...Should interesting to see who the Texans sign.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read