Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2011   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Worst player of the game!

The rain that soaked me before the game.
The rain that soaked us after the game..

Or the fact that I walked out of the stadium and stood under a raiders umbrella as we walked out.. Sometimes this team makes is hard to be a fan..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst player of the game!

worst player was Jacoby/Kubiak with his conservative predictable play calling. Well this should def go down as a team effort, the whole team was terrible besides about 4 players. outside of that they were all playing like its pop warner again.
Old 10-09-2011   #3
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

J.Jones 11 1 9 9.0 9 0

Did we really target Jacoby Jones 11 times.. and 1 catch..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
worst player was Jacoby/Kubiak with his conservative predictable play calling. Well this should def go down as a team effort, the whole team was terrible besides about 4 players. outside of that they were all playing like its pop warner again.
I say it was Schaub. He made a ton of poor throws in this game and is lucky it was as close as it was and that he didn;t have 4-5 interceptions. The "clutch" definitely slipped in this one.
Old 10-09-2011   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not forget the interior O-line (that played so well last week). They deserve an anti-game ball.
Old 10-09-2011   #6
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I say it was Schaub. He made a ton of poor throws in this game and is lucky it was as close as it was and that he didn;t have 4-5 interceptions. The "clutch" definitely slipped in this one.
yeah he wasnt one of my 4 good players, that would be O.D, Dressen, Cushing, and M.W the little bit of time he was in there. Foster had a good receiving day but he was inaffective where we needed him most.
Old 10-09-2011   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub wont be getting a game ball, but he wasnt near as bad as some think.

the epic fail awards go to jason allen and jacoby jones.
Old 10-09-2011   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
schaub wont be getting a game ball, but he wasnt near as bad as some think.

the epic fail awards go to jason allen and jacoby jones.
Did you miss all the poor throws and "shoulda been intercepted" passes? He was BAD in this game.
Old 10-09-2011   #9
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby doesn't have that "go get it" attitude. He half-asses his attempts to go after balls that don't drop into his lap. It's like hes in middle school and scared of the ball
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Did you miss all the poor throws and "shoulda been intercepted" passes? He was BAD in this game.
how many of those terrible throws went to jacoby compared to more on target to everyone else?
Old 10-09-2011   #11
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Let's not forget the interior O-line (that played so well last week). They deserve an anti-game ball.
Yeah the O line was by far the worst part of our game. Couldn't run, couldn't pass protect. Schaub was off, but I'm guessing that was mostly because he'd take 2 steps and have to jump out of the pocket
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Question about Jacoby Jones's performance today:

Was it his route running that bad? It seemed like Schaub missed him really badly on the passes to him, where as the errant balls to other receivers most of the guys were in the vicinity. The fact that other receivers had pretty good days makes me think this was more on Jacoby than Schaub? I don't know, it was just surreal watching all those passes go his way and him not even really being near the area.
Old 10-10-2011   #13
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

It looked like a record number of passes were tipped/batted down at the line. Add to that all the horrible throws that Schaub. Matt just was horrible today. It seems like he is so used to always throwing to Andre that he has absolutely no rhythm with any other receiver except maybe Daniels.

Jacoby just plain sucks for a 4th year receiver.

Jason Allen looks like an older version of Kareem Jackson. Both 1st round picks that can't cover. The Texans have to do something at cb because all the remaining teams on the Texans schedule now know where to throw. The NFL is ruthless when it comes to weaknesses.

Kubiaks play calling, clock management at the end letting the clock run all the way to the 2 minute warning and for throwing the challenge flag when everyone can see that there is no way that call would get overturned.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody not named Johnathan Joseph or Brian Cushing.

IMO.

Oh, and whichever ********* screwed up the hike to Schaub and put us about 20 yards backward at the end of the game. That guy should be a candidate.
Old 10-10-2011   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Question about Jacoby Jones's performance today:

Was it his route running that bad? It seemed like Schaub missed him really badly on the passes to him, where as the errant balls to other receivers most of the guys were in the vicinity. The fact that other receivers had pretty good days makes me think this was more on Jacoby than Schaub? I don't know, it was just surreal watching all those passes go his way and him not even really being near the area.
Dude, I sat in my chair at Reliant today...and after Schaub threw a 2nd ball at JJ's feet....I just feel like a lightning bolt hit me out of the blue.

Here's what i just said a bit ago, in another thread going on right now, and now you're mentioning the same thing too:

Quote:
He's a bad route runner.

Today, I think I figured it out. He's running bad routes.

When Schaub throws it too high to him, it's maybe because Jacoby has broken off his route too early.

When you see Schaub "underthrow" Jacoby, like he did two times today where it appears the ball is thrown at JJ's feet, maybe it's because Jacoby has run the route too far down the field.

Schaub is throwing it to a spot where Jacoby SHOULD BE and Jacoby is too shallow or too deep. Everyone else is always seemingly right where they should be except for when our o-linemen are scratching their ass instead of blocking for their QB...and then it's a jailbreak for everybody.

I mean, this shit has been happening ALL SEASON long this year. Has it not?

Jacoby Jones is done here. The project has reached Solyndra levels, IMO. And hell I was even thinking this year he would really do some consistently good things for us. Nope. My bad. That's what I get for thinkin'.....
Old 10-10-2011   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Worst players of the game?

Offense:
Jacoby Jones, again reminded us why we need to spend an early pick in next years draft on a competent WR. In his 4th year, he should get it by now, if not then tell him good bye already and move on. Enough time and effort has been spent trying to turn this guy into a football player.

Defense:
Jason Allen, the interception was great but doesn't make up for all the 5-10 yd. cushions he gave all game long and big cushions allow 2 things to happen. 1 the WR catches the ball with ease and, 2 the WR has time to put on a move to get free like DHB did on the touchdown catch. Allen plays CB like a true FS which would seem to be his more natural position. The huge cushions on DHB all day were ridiculous.

Kubiak deserves a worst player of the game award as well, that play calling in the 2nd half was terrible. He just abandoned the run entirely forgetting that we have the current rushing champion and the Raiders were 29th in the league against the run. I realize they were doing a good job of stopping our running attack but you don't give up, at least try a few time to keep the defense honest. Also the screen play to Foster was to little to late. The play calling was predictable as evidenced by all our 3 and outs.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #17
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

wait u want just one? umm .....ummm.....I'll get back to ya on that.....
Old 10-10-2011   #18
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Worst players of the game?

Offense:
Jacoby Jones, again reminded us why we need to spend an early pick in next years draft on a competent WR. In his 4th year, he should get it by now, if not then tell him good bye already and move on. Enough time and effort has been spent trying to turn this guy into a football player.

Defense:
Jason Allen, the interception was great but doesn't make up for all the 5-10 yd. cushions he gave all game long and big cushions allow 2 things to happen. 1 the WR catches the ball with ease and, 2 the WR has time to put on a move to get free like DHB did on the touchdown catch. Allen plays CB like a true FS which would seem to be his more natural position. The huge cushions on DHB all day were ridiculous.

Kubiak deserves a worst player of the game award as well, that play calling in the 2nd half was terrible. He just abandoned the run entirely forgetting that we have the current rushing champion and the Raiders were 29th in the league against the run. I realize they were doing a good job of stopping our running attack but you don't give up, at least try a few time to keep the defense honest. Also the screen play to Foster was to little to late. The play calling was predictable as evidenced by all our 3 and outs.
honestly he had no real option our OL got abused.... we couldn't run we couldnt throw screens worked ok but they owned the LOS and thus the game.... I rly can't even put this one 100% on schaub although he did play a shitty game.... but he was running for his life all day do that to Manning and u get shitty play... I dunno I am disgusted all around cept cush gg #56! Rest o yas go home and think about what u did to mr Toro and tha fans! And don't come back till ya fixed it!
Old 10-10-2011   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This is easy. Shammy was terrible. He really has played below what I expected this entire season.

Jacoby isn't terrible, Kevin Walter doesn't suck. Shammy is limited on what he can do. Not very mobile. Doesn't have a very live arm. I think Walter and jacoby would look a lot better on a team with a better qb.

You can win with Matt, but you gotta have a phenomenal effort from about everywhere else.

He puts up the numbers. He does a lot of good things. But there is something missing.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

worst play(er) Vickers

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read