Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2011   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "On all cylinders" just doesn't exist for us.

How many times have we heard from the announcers that <insert opponent team name> has been totally outplayed but find themselves down only 3 points?

Last year all we needed was a defense to keep us around in games. Now we have that and our offense seems to have taken a step back.

Our defense holds a team to a season low for 3 quarters and then gives up 20+ in one quarter.

Our offense puts up 30 first half points and then fades into nothing.

I'm starting to get the feeling that we will always be "one <blank> away" from being a real contender. A few weeks ago it was one CB. Now its one WR. After today's game its one QB.

We get great production from everyone and then one facet of our game breaks down so stupendously that we go up in flames.

Its what seems to define the Texans, and has for years.
Old 10-09-2011   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "On all cylinders" just doesn't exist for us.

I think I have overvalued this team again as I did last season. Take our star (AJ) away & the O becomes h(o) hum. Foster had no one to relieve him and Ob( however you spell it) should not be on roster. What the heck happened to Antoine Caldwell? He was supposed to be the starting center and then the right guard. He can't even replace an injured Briesel?

I was not very pleased with what I saw with Joseph. Yeah few plays were successful against him but seemed to me that had little to do with his efforts. WHat happened to all the OLbs we had? Braman nor Reed impressed and Sharpton "chased well".

If Casey was pulled after getting flagged, then Vicker should forfeit his paycheck for this game.

Why can't our quarterback guru convince Schaub to lift his passes up just a bit?
Old 10-09-2011   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think I have overvalued this team again as I did last season. Take our star (AJ) away & the O becomes h(o) hum. Foster had no one to relieve him and Ob( however you spell it) should not be on roster. What the heck happened to Antoine Caldwell? He was supposed to be the starting center and then the right guard. He can't even replace an injured Briesel?

I was not very pleased with what I saw with Joseph. Yeah few plays were successful against him but seemed to me that had little to do with his efforts. WHat happened to all the OLbs we had? Braman nor Reed impressed and Sharpton "chased well".

If Casey was pulled after getting flagged, then Vicker should forfeit his paycheck for this game.

Why can't our quarterback guru convince Schaub to lift his passes up just a bit?
Jonathon Joseph? He shut his guy down all game.

Yeah, Vickers' drop REALLY ticks me off. That was the game right there.

Schaub really does need to quit looking for excuses to throw the ball in the dirt. I think he does it intentionally so much that he does it by accident too often as well.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will begin sales of this new item in their TEXANS SHOP. This "jersey" will come in very useful for the avid Texans fan not to hurt himself after games like this.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Jonathon Joseph? He shut his guy down all game.

Yeah, Vickers' drop REALLY ticks me off. That was the game right there.

Schaub really does need to quit looking for excuses to throw the ball in the dirt. I think he does it intentionally so much that he does it by accident too often as well.
His assignment didn't do anything but not sure how much Joseph had to do with as I said. Evaluate on what you see not if the WR does not catchball.
Old 10-09-2011   #6
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

This was another frustrating one. Rackers makes a field goal, Vickers catches a pass, etc. We had too many fails in the execution department and the play calling got too conservative too early.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well if we hit the reset Button we will have a new batch of players to Succued or fail
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read