Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you blame the Players or Coaches for the loss?
Blame the Players 17 60.71%
Blame the Coaches 11 39.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2011   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Players or Coaches

After a loss like this, I can't help but feel torn between blaming the players or do I blame the coaches.

Players fault arguement - Players had chances to win the game. I am looking at Vickers, Jacoby, and Schaub. Vickers dropped the ball to potentially tie the game. Jacoby just isn't the answer at number 2 or 3. And Schaub - bad throws, bad decisions.

Coaches fault arguement - Coaches played too conservative for too long. You picked these players to win.

But in the end, I put the majority of the blame for this game on the players. There were just too many chances to win and you guys made the wrong decisions and wrong plays at all the wrong times.

What say yall?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Players or Coaches

Who cares?

JUST WIN BABY

Something they could learn from the Raiders. Ugly win? Is a win. They all lost. So both.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vickers and Jones. That's your game.

Props to the D for shutting down McFadden....and looking alright overall DESPITE US ONLY HAVING 1 CB ON THE WHOLE TEAM...

PS-I change my vote to: Vickers, Jones....and Jason Allen.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I say it's been the same every year under Kubiak. I'm not blaming the players too much.
Old 10-09-2011   #5
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 34069 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Who cares?

JUST WIN BABY

Something they could learn from the Raiders. Ugly win? Is a win. They all lost. So both.
Indeed..reppin
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #6
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I say it's been the same every year under Kubiak. I'm not blaming the players too much.
This is kind of how I'm thinking. I voted coaches, but the players were terrible as well.

But it was Kubiak and Smith's decision to not sign a WR and now we are paying for it. It was Kubiak's decision to bring back Jacoby and give him ridiculous money. These guys can't evaluate talent to save their lives.

So yeah, the players sucked, but the coaches (namely Gary) put them out there.
Old 10-09-2011   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't put the blame on just one or the other. There's plenty of it to go around. But I vote players more than coaches. Kubiak may have called a bad game, but we had a chance to win at the end and Schaub and Co. didn't execute.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011   #8
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Vickers and Jones. That's your game.

Props to the D for shutting down McFadden....and looking alright overall DESPITE US ONLY HAVING 1 CB ON THE WHOLE TEAM...

PS-I change my vote to: Vickers, Jones....and Jason Allen.
It's been overlooked that McFadden was pretty much shutdown for most of the game. He got some yards in the 2nd half, but he came into this game as the leading NFL rusher. Not too bad on the part of the D. They held their own to some degree after losing Mario.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm putting this one on the players. Kubes was too conservative, but we had our chances and didn't execute. The real problem was our O line got pushed around all day. They couldn't open holes for Foster and they couldn't pass protect. Schaub didn't do things to help his o line, but I think the O line failed throughout the game to do their job.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #10
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I'm putting this one on the players. Kubes was too conservative, but we had our chances and didn't execute. The real problem was our O line got pushed around all day. They couldn't open holes for Foster and they couldn't pass protect. Schaub didn't do things to help his o line, but I think the O line failed throughout the game to do their job.
Yep. I have been hyping them up all week as the best in the league and then they pull this stinker. I should have expected this.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #11
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got to put it on the players. There just seem to be some bad decisions made on the field of play. Give credit to the Raiders, they really controled the line of scrimmage from where I was sitting...
Old 10-09-2011   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Players. Jones was awful, Vickers dropping the ball was inexcusable, Schaub - to give him credit - didn't get the deer in the headlights look but they appeared to be working in slow motion. He just wasn't with the game and his throws were off all day. If Jones had made a couple of plays or if Vickers had caught the ball, we would be talking a different outcome.

Giving Gary credit, some of the playcalling was quite good - some back to his conservative self but I don't blame Kubiak for this one. I do believe we need to go find TO and see if he has recovered from his ACL.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #13
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

This one is definitely on the players...Vickers dropping the TD, Schaub blowing the final play...Jacoby being the antithesis of the man whose shoes he had stepped into...etc. Kubiak isn't a great HC, but this isn't "on him"....for once.
Old 10-09-2011   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
This. I can't even blame "The Coaches" because I truly only blame one of them.

Gary's the problem and that's why making him accept a proven DC wasn't gonna fix things. He's not a Head Coach. It's just not gonna change.
Old 10-09-2011   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
This one is definitely on the players...Vickers dropping the TD, Schaub blowing the final play...Jacoby being the antithesis of the man whose shoes he had stepped into...etc. Kubiak isn't a great HC, but this isn't "on him"....for once.
Sure it is. Who decided to keep Vickers around? Who brought us Schaub? Who's mancrush on Jacoby Jones seems to have prevented us from going out and getting a real #2 WR when they were everywhere this summer?

That team is a direct reflection of Gary Kubiak. He's to blame for every last bit of stink that comes off of them.
Old 10-09-2011   #16
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the fans fault ... for selling their tickets to Raiders
Old 10-09-2011   #17
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Initially I wanted to say coaches because Raiders D made it a point to stop the run. They really stacked the box, but Houston coaches didn't adjust.

But after thinking about it more, I went with players.

- Rackers missed an easy field goal
- Vickers dropped the easy TD
- Dreesen dropped an easy first down
- Briesel & Smith were having problems all game
- Schaub didn't show any poise
- Jacoby, is well... Jacoby
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this a new thread, or is this the one from 2009?

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
I've got to put it on the players. There just seem to be some bad decisions made on the field of play. Give credit to the Raiders, they really controled the line of scrimmage from where I was sitting...
The only reason I would believe we were too conservative, was because we weren't throwing the ball down field.

But I don't think that was because of the play calling. I saw plenty of receivers open downfield, I saw plenty of balls going who the hell knows where.

I blame the players, but I also blame the coaches, but not for being conservative... I don't think we were being conservative from a coaching perspective.
Old 10-09-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Jacoby being the antithesis of the man whose shoes he had stepped into...
I thought Jacoby had a hell of a day. Not his fault the ball was barely thrown his way, or when it was he had to make some highly unlikely acrobatic play on the ball. There was one that went through his hands, I'm not saying he was perfect, but he was schooling them cornerbacks all day.

Think about it, if we had a sub-par CB on the field, would you expect a QB of Jason Campbell's stature to identify him & pick on him?

Oakland's #2 & #3 CBs weren't even dressed up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read