Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2011   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So pretty good game

Im not going to comment on the play calling, or the injuries, or any of that stuff that makes me feel like punching a puppy.

I just want to give the raiders props. Their fans said all this week that their defense is crap but they really stepped up this game. Their front 7 was playing with passion. No team has put that much pressure on shaub this year.

So props to the raiders, good game.

Texans... sigh... whatever. Someday.. probably in my lifetime.. we are going to go to the playoffs. And when that day comes im going to be so disillusioned with this team that I probably wont give a shit.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So pretty good game

props to the refs for helping the raiders. i mean really i have not seen such a badly called game

they have 12 men on the field before the face mask and the 12 men on the field penalty is declined, by ****ing who ???

And then J.J gets taken to the ground in front of the refs by a CB and no call. I could go on and on but whats the point ?
Old 10-09-2011   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
props to the refs for helping the raiders. i mean really i have not seen such a badly called game
Did you forget about last week?

It felt like the refs were pretty fair this game.
Old 10-09-2011   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

10 years and going ......................... Just beatin down that road
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #5
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

BS. The Raiders didn't play well. The Texans just played so horribly they fell into a win.

And, blaming the refs is lame.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #6
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
BS. The Raiders didn't play well. The Texans just played so horribly they fell into a win.

And, blaming the refs is lame.
did you see some of the calls/no calls ? Did you watch the game our are you just running your mouth ?
Old 10-09-2011   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
did you see some of the calls/no calls ? Did you watch the game our are you just running your mouth ?
Saw the game, and you're seeing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011   #8
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Raiders found a way to win. They were the better team today.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #9
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I watched the game, genius. Bad calls go both ways. Good teams don't blame the refs, and they find ways to overcome bad calls. The refs weren't the ones making bad coaching decisions and bad throws.
Old 10-09-2011   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Im not going to comment on the play calling, or the injuries, or any of that stuff that makes me feel like punching a puppy.

I just want to give the raiders props. Their fans said all this week that their defense is crap but they really stepped up this game. Their front 7 was playing with passion. No team has put that much pressure on shaub this year.

So props to the raiders, good game.

Texans... sigh... whatever. Someday.. probably in my lifetime.. we are going to go to the playoffs. And when that day comes im going to be so disillusioned with this team that I probably wont give a shit.
I'm optimistic. We beat the Steelers last week and I think we can believe the Ravens next week. I don't know if was the Raiders playing with passion today, if they're just that good despite the penalties or what, but their D played very well.

Our offense stunk it up, but I think they can come back next week and do well. We need to be able to run the ball though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #11
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Yeah, I watched the game, genius. Bad calls go both ways. Good teams don't blame the refs, and they find ways to overcome bad calls. The refs weren't the ones making bad coaching decisions and bad throws.
i'm not blaming this loss on the refs, i'm just saying they helped which is basically true in every game, but more so in this after seeing some of the calls/no calls on us.
Old 10-09-2011   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

they have 12 men on the field before the face mask and the 12 men on the field penalty is declined, by ****ing who ???

And then J.J gets taken to the ground in front of the refs by a CB and no call. I could go on and on but whats the point ?
Ball snapped 12 men on field, that a penalty before face mask. I understand play continues but imo the penalties should have offset.
Old 10-09-2011   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
They were the better team today.
They were, they outplayed us, and in spite of that we had a chance to win it
at the end, which is really frustrating.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #14
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans had no fire, no drive, no direction. They just thought if they showed up, they would win. The wasted play from Foster to threaten for a TD, missed field goal, and getting gashed by a fake punt ---just lump all of that with the 14 points left on the field against the Steelers last week.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #15
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Ball snapped 12 men on field, that a penalty before face mask. I understand play continues but imo the penalties should have offset.
i agree i am curious about this, they had to many guys on the field before the face mask, how does that get declined and then the face mask counts. WTF is going on i have never seen so BS like that. Off set our gives us the yards i mean come on.
Old 10-09-2011   #16
cdollaz
Veteran

Re: the 12-men thing. Apparantly that is how the rule reads. So, don't blame the refs, blame the rulebook. And that is something that McNair and every other owner has a part in sculpting.
Old 10-09-2011   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well honestly it doesnt really matter what the rules are on that.. despite how that little bit of confusion played out, we still moved the ball down to the goal line with 7 seconds left.

We had our chance to win the game and blew it. So..bad calls or not, we still lost the game all by ourselves.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #18
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
That made ZERO sense to me. If the play should never have counted, how is it that the penalty that occurred DURING the play counts?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #19
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Are youn not entertained....ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED. If the team wins I don't win, if the team loses I don't lose. But I'm damn certain that I was entertained.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not even coming on this board after we lose next week.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read